• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Monday 2nd July - Brazil 2-0 Mexico

football forum

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Mexico have a good record against Brazil but can't see them beating them in a world cup knockout 

This. Brazil should win, but keep in mind that alongside Paraguay, Mexico have been a thorn to Brazil. A definite bogey team. They always give them trouble and it should be a much closer game then some will expect.

I still expect Brazil to win and also keep in mind that Brazil getting knocked out by non European opposition/Argentina/Uruguay is a disaster. I can't remember the last time they were knocked out by a nation that isn't iconic in this tournament.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

This. Brazil should win, but keep in mind that alongside Paraguay, Mexico have been a thorn to Brazil. A definite bogey team. They always give them trouble and it should be a much closer game then some will expect.

I still expect Brazil to win and also keep in mind that Brazil getting knocked out by non European opposition/Argentina/Uruguay is a disaster. I can't remember the last time they were knocked out by a nation that isn't iconic in this tournament.

Argentina in 1990 I think 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Argentina in 1990 I think 

Argentina are iconic, when was the last time a 2nd tier nation knocked out Brazil?

Im only talking about the World Cup. We knocked them out in the Copa America 2 years ago and Paraguay did it 3 years ago.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Argentina are iconic, when was the last time a 2nd tier nation knocked out Brazil?

Im only talking about the World Cup. We knocked them out in the Copa America 2 years ago and Paraguay did it 3 years ago.

Dont know if they have ever been knocked out by a non major nation. They got knocked out by Hungary once but they were big at the time. Personally i only class getting knocked out in a one on one knock out not group stage because in a group you get knocked out by more than one team

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Dont know if they have ever been knocked out by a non major nation. They got knocked out by Hungary once but they were big at the time. Personally i only class getting knocked out in a one on one knock out not group stage because in a group you get knocked out by more than one team

That defines that Brazil are absolutely massive in the World Cup. 

Germany are a close second to that but they've been knocked out by Croatia in 1998 and now obviously in the groups here.

Brazil did lose to Norway once but they didn't get knocked out, so I don't count that but it's still hard to ignore that result.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

That defines that Brazil are absolutely massive in the World Cup. 

Germany are a close second to that but they've been knocked out by Croatia in 1998 and now obviously in the groups here.

Brazil did lose to Norway once but they didn't get knocked out, so I don't count that but it's still hard to ignore that result.

Brazil have won more so they are the biggest but Germany have been more consistent with getting further I think. Brazil had already qualified when Norway beat them and Norway had to win. Still one of Norway's best ever results though

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

They are playing Mexico not the USA mate. It will be a close match like always, I just hope they lose so Osorio can finally fuck off

I'm well aware of who they are playing, if you wanted to take a jab at the States, you are about 3 months late. 

I think Brazil is looking better and better, whereas Mexico got torn apart in an emotional game, and because they were unable to win the group, get the most talented team left. I fully expect them to struggle. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Sweden exposed the fraud Osorio! Now neymar will finish the job! No Almeyda No party! 

Just win Brazil, just fucking win. 

Brazil 3-0 Mexico

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

They are playing Mexico not the USA mate. It will be a close match like always, I just hope they lose so Osorio can finally fuck off

hmm.

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Korea and Germany haven't play as much Mexico vs Brazil. You cared enough to comment on this thread..boy you salty af

Why would I be salty? xD

I just wouldn't be surprised if Brazil had one of 'those days' and took it to Mexico. 

I hate to admit it, but Teso will more than likely be right by the end of this game. I can see this being a close game as Mexico have been a thorn to Brazil, just like Paraguay are. They are a vastly inferior side, but they know how to uncomfort them.

Last ten meetings between these two teams. 

27 Jul 2003 Mexico v Brazil L 1-0 CONCACAF Gold Cup
18 Jul 2004 Brazil v Mexico W 4-0 Copa America
19 Jun 2005 Mexico v Brazil L 1-0 FIFA Confederations Cup
27 Jun 2007 Brazil v Mexico L 0-2 Copa America
12 Sep 2007 Brazil v Mexico W 3-1 International Friendly
11 Oct 2011 Mexico v Brazil W 1-2 International Friendly
03 Jun 2012 Brazil v Mexico L 0-2 International Friendly
19 Jun 2013 Brazil v Mexico W 2-0 FIFA Confederations Cup
17 Jun 2014 Brazil v Mexico D 0-0 FIFA World Cup
07 Jun 2015 Brazil v Mexico W 2-0 International Friendly

1 minute ago, Eco said:

What are you trying to prove with this? Bar 1 game all I see is close results xD

1 minute ago, Blue said:

What are you trying to prove with this? Bar 1 game all I see is close results xD

No motive, just thought it was interesting. They have played a lot more than I realized. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Why would I be salty? xD

I just wouldn't be surprised if Brazil had one of 'those days' and took it to Mexico. 

Because you had the audacity to counter an argument made by the great Teso. 

By doing so, along with his counterpart Marc, you are immediately 'rattled' and therefor salty. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Because you had the audacity to counter an argument made by the great Teso. 

By doing so, along with his counterpart Marc, you are immediately 'rattled' and therefor salty. 

Predicting the same scoreline as Teso of a 3-0 Brazil win. :ph34r:

Salty Indeed. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

to be fair, Teso talked about Mexico's 'record' against Brazil.

There's 5 wins for Brazil, 4 wins for Mexico, 1 draw.

So it's not exactly cut and dry that either team will run away with this game and get a win. 

Just now, Stan said:

to be fair, Teso talked about Mexico's 'record' against Brazil.

There's 5 wins for Brazil, 4 wins for Mexico, 1 draw.

So it's not exactly cut and dry that either team will run away with this game and get a win. 

But lets be fair. Which teams have a good record against Brazil that are of Mexico's stature? Paraguay is the only other one I can think of. 

Mexico having 4 wins against Brazil is very good, and shows they are a thorn to their side. Historically they've always been close matches and I can't see it be any different here.

• Administrator

Neville getting his knickers in a twist about what Japan and Poland did xD. A risky one but it paid off. 

Don't be a melt all your life, Phil.

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Monday 2nd July - Brazil 2-0 Mexico
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived