talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Monday 2nd July - Brazil 2-0 Mexico

football forum

2 hours ago, Panflute said:

Hm, too bad Marcelo won't be starting. I hope he's fit to start if Brazil reach the quarter finals.

EDIT: @El Profesor are you sure Marcelo will be on the bench? Several Dutch news outlets wrote that Tite said he won't be available at all.

Yes. That´s what I heard on TV. Marcelo will be on the bench, as he´s available for 45 to 60 minutes.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Yes. That´s what I heard on TV. Marcelo will be on the bench, as he´s available for 45 to 60 minutes.

Cool. The news was from yesterday, so maybe his situation has improved, or Tite just wanted to confuse Mexico a bit.

On 6/29/2018 at 08:46, The Artful Dodger said:

Are Mexicans insufferable wankers with names like Oscar and Henry?

There are literally shitloads of Hispanic people names Oscar. Not so much with Henry though.

This could be Rafa Márquez last ever game, which it will be as México are incapable of progressing to the round of 16, but what a long career he has had. This is his 5th World Cup and only 4 other players in history can claim they have played in that many. 

Yeah I like how Mexico have approached this, really taking the game to brazil and the better team so far.

Lozano looking dangerous and making good runs.

love Hernandez’s hair.

Both the Mexican wingers wide and high up the field, which means their fullbacks can't overlap with freedom. Add that to the pressing in the midfield, and Brazil can't get the ball to the front four. Osorio doing his thing again. But they need to capitalize before they tire.

4 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

another game where the favourites are in shambles ....................

I wouldn't say Brazil are in shambles. Could be 1+ goals up. Mexico having their fair amount of opportunities because that's their style. They'd rather play open and try to score.

17 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

While everyone's been raving about Brazil they still don't have a central midfield playmaker - same problem they've had in the last three World cups  and Mexico are targeting exactly that.

Exactly. This is because our coach loves Paulinho, a player who contributes very little on the build up. Fred should be a starter, it´s incredible how stubborn Tite is. 

I´m so pissed about it, his blindness about the midfield problem will cost us. 

1 minute ago, Machado said:

Osorio is very intelligent, he always invents smarts solutions. This may sound a detail, but to a short team like Mexico, set pieces are problematic. 

Profe Osorio´s problem is that he has too many systems and sometimes overthink, meanwhile our coach´s problem is that he has only one system. Can we mix both? xD

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Monday 2nd July - Brazil 2-0 Mexico
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived