• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Monday 2nd July - Brazil 2-0 Mexico

football forum

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Exactly. This is because our coach loves Paulinho, a player who contributes very little on the build up. Fred should be a starter, it´s incredible how stubborn Tite is. 

I´m so pissed about it, his blindness about the midfield problem will cost us. 

Although Casemiro and Paulinho allow players like Coutinho, Neymar, Willian to dribble & take risks. They don’t have to worry about losing the ball, Casemiro + Paulinho always there to cover

Just now, Eco said:

I think Neymar was stepped on though correct? Could have easily been avoided, but Neymar's theatrics make it look like a joke. 

behaviors such as those should be up for review with VAR.   play acting should be an auto-red card ....

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Eco said:

I think Neymar was stepped on though correct? Could have easily been avoided, but Neymar's theatrics make it look like a joke. 

he was, at a similar pressure of a feather falling on to someone. Certainly didn't warrant the drama he put on.

Just now, Stan said:

he was, at a similar pressure of a feather falling on to someone. Certainly didn't warrant the drama he put on.

xD

Neymar is a odd one to me. No doubt he gets absolutely hacked all day long. He oversells everything though and then tries to get something out of nothing. You'd being doing him a disservice though if you don't agree that he might be the most hacked player in the world. 

Just now, Machado said:

No one questions he was stepped on I think, but I don't roll on the ground when someone steps on me.

I like Brazil in general but it's hard to root for a team with Neymar in it.

This. I would guess that the step was intentional, as Mexico is getting frustrated. 

It's hard with Neymar though. I don't mind some of the flair, but over does it and looks like a fool. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mexico are so good up until they get to the final third, then it’s just poor decisions.

same problem they had against Germany. Couldn't finish the game off and there's probably more pressure here in this game considering they have to convert one of these chances otherwise it's goodbye.

• Administrator

anyone else been really disappointed with Gabriel Jesus? What has he done this tournament? No goals. Any assists?

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Monday 2nd July - Brazil 2-0 Mexico
Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

P.S When Neymar isn’t auditioning for hollywood, he is worldclass

This is why I can't hate him. He's unreal when he is on. 

Brazil advance 2-0

• The topic was unpinned

Archived