talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Monday 2nd July - Belgium 3-2 Japan

football forum

• Subscriber

Fuck off Belgium but also lol at the predictable people laughing at Fellaini only for him to pop up with a massive goal. Same people will never admit that he's good at a lot of things on a football pitch even if he is a clumsy elbowing bastard.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

They are an interesting side to watch though and a very technically gifted bunch. It wasn't exactly an easy group either. 

Poland, Senegal, and Colombia is exactly the hardest group either. 

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Tonight has been there best game by far, but it's not like they set the world on fire. Their only win thus far has been thanks to terrible red card within 5 minutes of the match starting...

I personally don't always get the argument that red cards make a win less valued. Colombia on paper are streets ahead of Japan, but it was their fault they got the red and Colombia played like cowards. They got absolutely dominated and didn't want to attack because of the fear of having only 10 men. However, at their best they are still a better side and could have won the game if they wanted to. I don't see it as any excuse.

Now 9 men, that's a whole different story!

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I personally don't always get the argument that red cards make a win less valued. Colombia on paper are streets ahead of Japan, but it was their fault they got the red and Colombia played like cowards. They got absolutely dominated and didn't want to attack because of the fear of having only 10 men. However, at their best they are still a better side and could have won the game if they wanted to. I don't see it as any excuse.

Now 9 men, that's a whole different story!

Not using it as an excuse, but just reminding people that they ended up not having that difficult of a group, and their only win thus far came against a squad down a man. 

• Administrator
Just now, carefreeluke said:

I can't watch because of lesson prep but Japan have had a good go? Not sat back?

first half I think they were a bit too cautious, maybe nervous to begin with.

second half vastly improved and took the game to Belgium more, as if they realised they should have no fear and not show them too much respect. 

It's been a good game overall.

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Poland, Senegal, and Colombia is exactly the hardest group either. 

It is if you're Japan as they are all a similar level overall, the difference being that they have less stars and difference makers than those teams. To get out of that group and then nearly beat(or maybe even defeat) one of the most talented sides in the tournament is something they should be proud of. At the same time though they will be disappointed if they go out after going 2-0 ahead and looking as if they were flying. 

And as I write that, the inevitable happens. Excellent counter though. 

Thats a real shame. If I was Japanese I'd struggle to sleep for days after that.

The bright side though is that we have a real cracker in the quarter finals. Brazil vs Belgium.

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Monday 2nd July - Belgium 3-2 Japan
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived