talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Tuesday 3rd July - Colombia 1-1(p) England

football forum

6 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Colombia had more of the ball IMO and controlled it better than England did.

So, it should have been ten-a-side then? Henderson clearly stuck the head in on some Colombian, so he should have gone as well then, yeah?

Was that in extra time or normal?

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Can't actually believe we won a penalty shootout I was sitting there expecting one of ours to get smashed over the bar at any second. Well done lads some great penalties even Henderson was unlucky not to score.

Agreed. Heard some people say it was a crap penalty. Not for me. Was well placed but Ospina did well to get down and get that far. 

• The topic was unpinned
2 hours ago, Stan said:

@Blue @El Profesor @Berserker (and anyone else in to South American football).

Are Colombia always like that in national matches ie vociferously disrespectful and over the top with some of their actions??

They are fannies, but I haven't seen them lose their head like they did yesterday. That was a different level.

They have been wank for 3 years now, but it wasn't that bad before. However, its not the first time they approached with a conservative game plan.

3 hours ago, Machado said:

It's the typical South American mentality and what happened on the pitch yesterday is largely what happens in every other of South American league game.

I wouldn't say every other game, but yes it happens a lot here.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Agreed. Heard some people say it was a crap penalty. Not for me. Was well placed but Ospina did well to get down and get that far. 

Yeah if he didn't telegraph it on the run up he probably would have scored, Think his run up allowed the keeper to read where it was gonna go. It wasn't a bad penalty at all.

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

I wouldn't say every other game, but yes it happens a lot here.

It's also a thing in the Portuguese and Spanish leagues but it's not quite as bad. Mostly the big clubs doing it I think.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

@Blue @El Profesor @Berserker (and anyone else in to South American football).

Are Colombia always like that in national matches ie vociferously disrespectful and over the top with some of their actions??

@Machado is correct. This is kind of behavior is common in south american football. For example, Brazil vs Colombia in Copa América 2015 was much worse. And if Brazil and Uruguay meet in the semi-finals, it´ll be also much worse. 

I don´t know, for me that kind of attitude on the pitch is not shocking. We see football in a different way. The real problem for Colombia, and @Blue was right all along, is that Pékerman was too conservative and should have started Uribe instead of Lerma. 

I was pissed last night but could Colombia have a penalty in extra time. The player couldn't tell who had his arm up but not sure where it hit him.

4 minutes ago, Machado said:

It's also a thing in the Portuguese and Spanish leagues but it's not quite as bad. Mostly the big clubs doing it I think.

I saw a meme once, it was something like this

In Europe, scoring a goal you get this

f1dd3ef2bc0c11111783833a3c882e59.png

In South America, scoring a goal gets you this

6f0fcd61e5ea7970c4105ecb7284646a.png

The meme was 2 years ago so I can't find the exact thing, but its pretty accurate xD

5 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

@Machado is correct. This is kind of behavior is common in south american football. For example, Brazil vs Colombia in Copa América 2015 was much worse. And if Brazil and Uruguay meet in the semi-finals, it´ll be also much worse. 

I don´t know, for me that kind of attitude on the pitch is not shocking. We see football in a different way. The real problem for Colombia, and @Blue was right all along, is that Pékerman was too conservative and should have started Uribe instead of Lerma. 

I forgot about that Brazil - Colombia game, but that was more on the Brazilians than the Colombians. The latter tried to stick up for Neymar, who wasn't having it!

There are always fights in Copa Libertadores. It´s part of what makes the tournament fun. xD

Peñarol vs Palmeiras in 2017. The uruguyans closed the entrance to the dressing room so they could beat Palmeiras players, in special Felipe Melo. 

The match @Blue mentioned, Atlético Nacional vs Rosario Central. Davinson provoked the goalkeeper when they scored. lol 

Argentinians are sore losers - Atletico Nacional after the Huracan game.

God I love the Colombian accent :x

I've just seen the Maradona full quotes. One for @Eco

Talking about how the ref is American as the reason Colombia lost xD

"The referee will know a lot about baseball, but he has no idea about football. The Colombian players asked for VAR and he did not give it to them"

The bloke is thick as his own stomach

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

I've just seen the Maradona full quotes. One for @Eco

Talking about how the ref is American as the reason Colombia lost xD

"The referee will know a lot about baseball, but he has no idea about football. The Colombian players asked for VAR and he did not give it to them"

The bloke is thick as his own stomach

Trying to claim that the ref stole victory from the Colombians.... He is probably worried about where his next lot of drugs is coming from now all the connected sides are out... he will have to start sucking up to the Brazil players if he hopes to make it through to the final.. 

12 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Colombia had more of the ball IMO and controlled it better than England did.

So, it should have been ten-a-side then? Henderson clearly stuck the head in on some Colombian, so he should have gone as well then, yeah?

Yeah probably tbh. But we were still better than them, they just looked fancy on the ball but didn't actually create anything until the end and even then other than their goal and long range shot didn't really create anything.

Archived