• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Tuesday 3rd July - Colombia 1-1(p) England

football forum

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Still think this current crop of English players lack bottle. Especially with the amount of Spurs players in the starting XI 

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

James Rodriguez has been directly involved in 10 goals in 8 World Cup matches. 6 goals & 4 assists before today, talk about performing at the biggest stage of them all. He has been declared fit but might have to start on the bench against England.

46 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

hoping this would be like japan vs belgium but this time the underdog should win it :P  :P 

Is there really a proper underdog here? Colombia and England are even. Doesn't seem like there is an inbetween in the picks for the winner here.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The Scottish already all over social media rimming Colombia. Such a jealous backward bunch them up there xD

@weirdworld is not happy.

Yep after seeing the lineups England should feel ashamed if they don't win it. This is a very cowardly lineup from Colombia. They are respecting them too much as if they were Germany. That was their downfall in the last World Cup against Brazil.

I still want Colombia to win it but I can't see it with that lineup.

• Administrator

not too keen to see Alli back. I'd have kept Loftus-Cheek.

I pray that Sterling scores. About time he did and therefore get that duck off his back for not scoring at a tournament.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

not too keen to see Alli back. I'd have kept Loftus-Cheek.

I pray that Sterling scores. About time he did and therefore get that duck off his back for not scoring at a tournament.

He won’t. And Southgate will continue to pick him.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

So you don't think he's El Hadji Diouf anymore? ;)

I didn't say he's exactly like El Hadji Diouf, but I said I'm always weary of players that are signed off the back of an exceptional international tournament. He didn't exactly light things up at Real Madrid either.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I didn't say he's exactly like El Hadji Diouf, but I said I'm always weary of players that are signed off the back of an exceptional international tournament. He didn't exactly light things up at Real Madrid either.

He did everytime he played.

Not even on the bench xD

Pekerman what are you doing. You've entirely lost the plot. I highly doubt he wasn't fit enough to not make the bench. Not to mention how awful those bench choices are.

Just now, Blue said:

He did everytime he played.

There's also no doubt that Colombia are a far better side with James on the pitch. He elevates them to a different level, so yeah I'm happy he's not starting because that means they're likely to play worse than they otherwise would have. And that sounds promising if you're English.

Delli Ali is one of England's more talented players, I'd love to see him finally click in an England shirt today.

WOW JAMES ISN'T EVEN ON THE BENCH. Cool, no excuses if we can't get passed these now imo.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

There's also no doubt that Colombia are a far better side with James on the pitch. He elevates them to a different level, so yeah I'm happy he's not starting because that means they're likely to play worse than they otherwise would have. And that sounds promising if you're English.

Delli Ali is one of England's more talented players, I'd love to see him finally click in an England shirt today.

WOW JAMES ISN'T EVEN ON THE BENCH. Cool, no excuses if we can't get passed these now imo.

If you don't win, I'm convinced you'll never win it in our lifetimes.

That approach is just so cowardly and honestly its gotten to the point that they've become so unlikeable. How can they keep on winning with no game plan? They shouldn't have even qualified to this world cup and are in the next round. They keep on grinding results with nothing but an effective center back pairing. I still want Colombia to win for the sake of South America, but honestly they don't really deserve it. 

• Subscriber

I can't believe people can be confident that we'll win it given our record in knockout games.

I don't think it's beyond us, and with the lack of Rodriguez, that for me swings a very even pendulum in our favour.

But this will be our greatest test yet - our real acid test.

If we get through it, it will send a wave of belief like no other through England fans. With Sweden in the quarters, and Russia or Croatia in the semis, it would present the best opportunity in our lifetimes to win the World Cup.

If we lose, it's going to be extremely hard to recover from. All of the refreshing approach to this tournament blown to smithereens in an instant. There will be years of what ifs, if we do lose it.

See you all after. Come on England.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not even on the bench xD

Pekerman what are you doing. You've entirely lost the plot. I highly doubt he wasn't fit enough to not make the bench. Not to mention how awful those bench choices are.

Don't forget Salah. No point playing them if they're injured.

Just now, Dan said:

Don't forget Salah. No point playing them if they're injured.

Salah was on the bench though, just didn't come on. Always good to have that alternative just in case.

• Administrator

We've not won a knockout match since 2006 in a major tournament I believe. Great chance to do so now. COME ON ENGLAND!

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Tuesday 3rd July - Colombia 1-1(p) England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived