talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kasey Palmer Joins Blackburn Rovers on Loan

@Marc

Based on his loan spells at Huddersfield and Derby County, this looks like it could be a very good signing.

Attacking, adventurous, young. The Premier League was a step too far last year, but there's no reason he can't get there again if he applied himself.

I presume this will be a loan given Norwich's cost cutting exercise.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Marc said:

Think he’s going to derby.

I’ve not seen much of him. Can he play wide and centre mid? We have loads of central midfielders 

He plays both. Prefers down the middle but managers tend to use him more on the right.

11 hours ago, Marc said:

We are signing Ben Marshall though, happy with that 

Just seen that. I think that's a great deal. I was half expecting a Stoke City to sign him as a squad player with a low transfer fee as he never seems to have a bad season.

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/07/2018 at 10:16, roversgirl said:

Rumoured to be signing yesterday but still no confirmation. He'd be a good loan signing and hopefully take the pressure off Dack a bit.

All confirmed. He should be a real injection of pace and creativity on the right wing.

• Subscriber

Happy days. 

Really looking forward to this season. Not because I think we will do this or finish there, just because of the positivity around the place for the first time in years. 

My club have had close ties with Blackburn for sometime now with many of our young players having successful loans there. I know Tony Mowbray is well thought of as a manager by the Chelsea staff. He tends to use the players he takes on loan from us unlike some other managers who use our youth to pad out their squads.

Palmer is a good player who for me could hold down a squad place in most Premier League teams without troubling the starting eleven too often. At Blackburn I would think he would chisel out a starting place and give Blackburn a good return on their decision to take him. Two footed with a sharp turn of pace, I hope they use him in the middle of the pitch. My only warning is he tends to pick up the odd injury or two.

Obviously, much will depend on how Blackburn acclimatize in the Championship. This loan signing is a step in the right direction!

Really excited to see Palmer in a Rovers shirt! He has the potential to be a huge influence on our season and it takes the pressure off Dack a bit. He won't be first choice straight away, he will have to work his way into the first team through his performances in training and games. I just hope his personality fits into the team spirit we already have and he doesn't think he is above the other players due to coming from Chelsea.

22 hours ago, roversgirl said:

Really excited to see Palmer in a Rovers shirt! He has the potential to be a huge influence on our season and it takes the pressure off Dack a bit. He won't be first choice straight away, he will have to work his way into the first team through his performances in training and games. I just hope his personality fits into the team spirit we already have and he doesn't think he is above the other players due to coming from Chelsea.

This is an excellent point. Nathaniel Chalobah was accused of this by Troy Deeney during his loan at Watford. Deeney said he talked too much about Chelsea to manager Franco Zola and the other players were getting bored of it. It has been said because of this criticism Chelsea introduced classes at Cobham for the young players to learn how to behave when on loan at lower clubs. Other than Deeney's criticism, I cant remember another who has spoken out about our young players in a negative way.

Palmer has been on loan at a number of clubs. He should be fine at Rovers. 

Archived