talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Friday 6th July - Uruguay 0-2 France

football forum

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Cebolla comes in as a sub this time, Mbappe will slaughter him. He's mega slow, I'm almost certain Oscar Tabarez can run faster than him.

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

If Cebolla comes in as a sub this time, Mbappe will slaughter him. He's mega slow, I'm almost certain Oscar Tabarez can run faster than him.

El Cebolla is “un comodín” mate. Uruguay dont have a midfield to hold onto the ball except for Betancur who is on his own in that aspect. So Uruguay burn themselves out with the amount of heart and passion they give to a 90 minutes. When Cristian Rodríguez comes on he adds tactical discipline and steel. Obviously he has no pace, never has had it but he is clever positioning himself against quick players. 

16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

El Cebolla is “un comodín” mate. Uruguay dont have a midfield to hold onto the ball except for Betancur who is on his own in that aspect. So Uruguay burn themselves out with the amount of heart and passion they give to a 90 minutes. When Cristian Rodríguez comes on he adds tactical discipline and steel. Obviously he has no pace, never has had it but he is clever positioning himself against quick players. 

In my opinion, De Arrascaeta can hold the possession better than Cebolla. 

This France vs Uruguay is the re-edition of the U-20 World Cup of 2013. France won it in penalties. Umtiti, Pogba and Thauvin were part of the french squad. 

Giménez, Laxalt, De Arrascaeta, Bentancourt, Varela, Silva were part of the uruguayan squad.

Just now, SirBalon said:

And on and on until it happens... If it ever does! xD

I think Pogba was really good today. His pass to Mbappé that generated Griezmann´s free-kick that hit the post was a thing of beauty, not to mention the way he held the ball several times against the argentinian defenders, making them look like kids. 

Just now, El Profesor said:

In my opinion, De Arrascaeta can hold the possession better than Cebolla. 

This France vs Uruguay is the re-edition of the U-20 World Cup of 2013. France won it in penalties. Umtiti, Pogba and Thauvin were part of the french squad. 

Giménez, Laxalt, De Arrascaeta, Bentancourt, Varela, Silva were part of the uruguayan squad.

Yeah... I just heard Mister Chip on Spanish radio talk about that U-20 World Cup.

On De Arrascaeta... I don’t think Óscar Tabárez wants wants a midfield made up of possession inclined players mate. I say that because as far as I’m concerned Uruguay want to play without the ball and one paused player is enough which for me means either Betancur or De Arrascaeta. Cristian Rodríguez comes on as a chasing creature on tired players. 

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I think Pogba was really good today. His pass to Mbappé that generated Griezmann´s free-kick that hit the post was a thing of beauty, not to mention the way he held the ball several times against the argentinian defenders, making them look like kids. 

But that’s not the Pogba everyone is waiting for. He always (nearly always) has sparse moments even at United. 

I think France have a terrible record against Uruguay in the world cup. I think they will win though but it will be tight i think.

You see... One thing That WON’T work (I hope I don’t have to eat my words xD) is that the pace up front for France which destroyed Argentina on the counter won’t work against Uruguay because they don’t advance their lines.

The way to beat Uruguay is to pass the ball quickly in midfield and pull defenders out of position so the final ball finds a free player. 

France won’t get the same type of game they faced today at all. Another thing is if Cavani will be fit for the game against France which is sounding unlikely right now. 

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Mbappé will not have much space to sprint against Uruguay. 

Pogba despite being fantastic today won’t get the space to make his long passes either.

Has the chance to be a lot more of a tight game. Argentina gave the French way too much space, and with it, I think it opened up the game and allowed France to move the ball and beat them with speed.

I think this game is a toss up if Canvani is healthy, but if he is out or plays at less than 75%, then I think the French will win.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

You could try. There are several hundred million of the stupid fucks. Four for every retarded Agrie

That's 12 for every one of you farm-working mongs then, more kangaroos than balls you lot!

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

That's 12 for every one of you farm-working mongs then, more kangaroos than balls you lot!

At least we have balls! Better to have few than none at all!

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Friday 6th July - Uruguay 0-2 France
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived