• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Friday 6th July - Uruguay 0-2 France

football forum

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Get out of here, Blakito. It´s our province! A rightful part of the Empire of Brazil. xD

PROVINCIA-CISPLATINA.png

You know what they say. Falklands are British, Uruguay is Brazilian, Pisco es peruano B|

17 hours ago, Blue said:

You know what they say. Falklands are British, Uruguay is Brazilian, Pisco es peruano B|

Ungrateful bastard, we liberated you and this is how you repay us! Also Tarica, Tacna and pisco are chilean. ;)

I want Uruguay to win this, but it almost feels a certainty France will do so if Mbappe plays well. This World Cup will be like 1958 where Pele lead Brazil to glory at 17. Or 1994 with Brazilian Ronaldo, even if he wasn't as influential.

21 minutes ago, Blue said:

I want Uruguay to win this, but it almost feels a certainty France will do so if Mbappe plays well. 

You and your South American Centralism :ph34r:

Allez les bleus!

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, Eco said:

You and your South American Centralism :ph34r:

Allez les bleus!

giphy.gif

I know you're joking, but I said France will probably win? xD

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Fixed as I know English is not your first language xD

Ha - I'm just pointing out that the joke makes no sense. If I was South American centric I would've said Uruguay would be the winner.

Not that I mind btw, its just that I said France would come out as the winner. Even if I want Uruguay to win

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ha - I'm just pointing out that the joke makes no sense. If I was South American centric I would've said Uruguay would be the winner.

Not that I mind btw, its just that I said France would come out as the winner. Even if I want Uruguay to win

It makes sense in the fact that every time you mention a South American team, someone always quotes it and blames you for being SA Centric. xD

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

It makes sense in the fact that every time you mention a South American team, someone always quotes it and blames you for being SA Centric. xD

Haha fair point - it gets annoying when others do that!

Thats mad, but I have a counter statistic. Every time Peru played in the World Cup, they played against a World Champion.

1930: Uruguay

1970: Brazil

1978: Argentina

1982: Italy

2018: France?

:ph34r:

55 minutes ago, Blue said:

Thats mad, but I have a counter statistic. Every time Peru played in the World Cup, they played against a World Champion.

1930: Uruguay

1970: Brazil

1978: Argentina

1982: Italy

2018: France?

In other words Switzerland are gonna win it. 

The thing with Uruguay is that they’re extremely fit, give 100% and will resort to whatever level is required to be in there with a chance. But for me the best thing about them is that providing the game hasn’t run away from them, theyre always capable of pulling something out of the bag. 

20 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Uruguay looked limp in the group stages and had 32% possession and hardly any shots against Portugal. 

This forum has a bias towards anything that speaks Spanish :eek:

We’ve got a thread for Atlético Madrid in the Spanish subforum. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Uruguay looked limp in the group stages and had 32% possession and hardly any shots against Portugal. 

This forum has a bias towards anything that speaks Spanish :eek:

Having 30% possession is when they are at their most comfortable mate as they love to defend then bitch slap teams on the break. 

44 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Having 30% possession is when they are at their most comfortable mate as they love to defend then bitch slap teams on the break. 

Fair enough. Should be a good game between two teams deliberately giving the ball away just to win it back :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Friday 6th July - Uruguay 0-2 France
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived