talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Friday 6th July - Uruguay 0-2 France

football forum

Like I mentioned, everything points to France winning and Mbappe being like Ronaldo and Pele when they were young. Even if the former didn't really "win" the world cup by himself in 1994.

I really want Uruguay to win it and I think it can go either way, but if Mbappe performs I think Los Charruas might struggle.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if thats true then a huge blow.

Uruguay surely wont give mbappe the space that the argies did, was slightly siding with the south americans in this one, but if theres no cavani i might have to change my mind.

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, Paulh_85 said:

if thats true then a huge blow.

Uruguay surely wont give mbappe the space that the argies did, was slightly siding with the south americans in this one, but if theres no cavani i might have to change my mind.

Godin himself won't let Mbappe do what he did.

Uruguay's defence is markedly better than the Argentinian shit-show so I expect this to be a tighter game. Reckon Uruguay might still do it without Cavani. 

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

once everyone in the team has taken one it stops. First decider is discipline.  record next is  cumulative distance traveled. 

so Suarez indiscipline comes back to bite them then.....

On 03/07/2018 at 14:31, Machado said:

:o

4nJWhMD.jpg

Every time Italy didn't qualify, Uruguay won the WC. The opposite is also true.

What about 1998? Uruguay didn't qualify and Italy didn't win

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Uruguay have the meanest CB partnership in the tournament in Godin and Gimenez...literally Atletico Madrid.

Maybe they can park that bus and hope for a set piece win or in penalties.

And you'd think they would be able to keep Griezmann quiet with that connection too. Not that he's had a great tournament anyway. 

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, Stan said:

And you'd think they would be able to keep Griezmann quiet with that connection too. Not that he's had a great tournament anyway. 

I’d drop him. But Deschamps won’t. And I think that may ultimately missing an extra body in midfield against Uruguay will be a difference maker for them. 

32 minutes ago, Batard said:

I’d drop him. But Deschamps won’t. And I think that may ultimately missing an extra body in midfield against Uruguay will be a difference maker for them. 

The thing is that Griezmann does a hell of a lot of work in midfield and is extremely difficult to track by opponents by pulling them out of position and giving space to quick players. It's one of the main reasons Simeone loves him so much. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

The thing is that Griezmann does a hell of a lot of work in midfield and is extremely difficult to track by opponents by pulling them out of position and giving space to quick players. It's one of the main reasons Simeone loves him so much. 

Different system in the National team and he’s guilty of trying to do too much. He’s been largely ineffective and all that shite over his future, he doesn’t look sharp at all. 

1 minute ago, Batard said:

Different system in the National team and he’s guilty of trying to do too much. He’s been largely ineffective and all that shite over his future, he doesn’t look sharp at all. 

His future certainly affected him and I would also say it affected the team's early performances. To be honest, watching you guys play I've seen him playing in the same tactical fashion as he does for Atleti, but maybe I'm wrong mate.

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Friday 6th July - Uruguay 0-2 France
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived