talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Friday 6th July - Uruguay 0-2 France

football forum

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be harsh to say Tabarez lost this game, I think France's overall quality was just a bit too much to be honest. However, you've got to question that sub and its no coincidence a goal came right after. You've got Bentancur on a yellow, between De Arrascaeta and Cebolla Rodriguez, you pick the slow uncreative 32 year old playing at Peñarol. Unbelievable.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Gary Neville being an idiot for the second goal. Pretending the ball didn't curl away to Muslera's right.

It didn't move that much though. Not as much for Muslera to go so far to the other side. And even so, get a proper punch on it. 

France have been very good here in fairness. This is probably their best game since they beat us 1-0 in the groups. 

I thought the game against Argentina had more to do with an on form Mbappe, but here its been more of a "team" performance.

In my opinion, France are closer to their third then Uruguay to their first.

Not to mention the subs have been embarrassing. Urretaviscaya saves the day I guess?

Gary Neville genuinely comes into a game with a narrative in mind. Mbappe play acting but he's trying so hard to blame the Uruguay players. Pretended Pogba got headbutted in the chest before replays showed otherwise. And the over dramatic "the ref has no control, it's all gone to shit" stuff is ridiculous.

What an overrated, annoying cunt.

Just now, Stan said:

is that real? 

as in from a legit source?

Not sure, but I know as much as this: the tweet was made yesterday, which tells me that it's not an excuse for his howler. He must be feeling similar to Obi Mikel vs Argentina. 

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

Not sure, but I know as much as this: the tweet was made yesterday, which tells me that it's not an excuse for his howler. He must be feeling similar to Obi Mikel vs Argentina. 

surely it means it could be an excuse? 

Just now, Stan said:

surely it means it could be an excuse? 

Yeah, I was thinking about how to word that haha.

France will win the world cup for me. Not played great but done enough to beat a very good side. At the same time they can play very attacking football like they did against Argentina 

A part of me wants Belgium to beat Brazil and face France in a sort of "neighbourhood match" which will be lots of fun, but I also don't want South America to have no semi-finalists. So I'm a bit conflicted. I'm not entirely convinced France will go on to win the tournament yet though, I still think Brazil are above them. An on form Brazil anyhow.

Anyways, the stat stays alive. Everytime Peru has participated in a world cup, we've faced the world champion.

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

A part of me wants Belgium to beat Brazil and face France in a sort of "neighbourhood match" which will be lots of fun, but I also don't want South America to have no semi-finalists. So I'm a bit conflicted. I'm not entirely convinced France will go on to win the tournament yet though, I still think Brazil are above them. An on form Brazil anyhow.

Anyways, the stat stays alive. Everytime Peru has participated in a world cup, we've faced the world champion.

who cares xD 

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Friday 6th July - Uruguay 0-2 France
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived