talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

France are World Champions once more

• Administrator

Don’t get fucking cocky off the back of beating an Argentine team in disarray. Against Uruguay you need to get some shit in order. For starters, a bit of pace out wide from the fullbacks would be nice. Tolisso isn’t an adequate replacement for Matudii in that system. So yeah, don’t do that. Griezmann or Giroud, not both.

Controversial but I’d drop the former. He’s not done enough for me to warrant a starting place. Give Lemar a go in a diamond midfield. I still don’t believe the 4-3-3 is that solid, some of the goals conceded today were absolute pap. 

P.S Deschamps can fuck off. Today was about the players, he’s got nothing to offer tactically that will revolutionize the team. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Batard said:

P.S Deschamps can fuck off. Today was about the players, he’s got nothing to offer tactically that will revolutionize the team. 

Sounds like Löw for the past 10 years. But at least he won a World Cup by accident in the meantime. 

• Administrator
Just now, Tommy said:

Sounds like Löw for the past 10 years. But at least he won a World Cup by accident in the meantime. 

Deschamps is a dull pragmatist. His tactics will be the reason for our exit 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Sounds like Santos for the past 4 years. But at least he won an Euro by accident in the meantime. 

Just now, Batard said:

Deschamps is a dull pragmatist. His tactics will be the reason for our exit 

Löw is someone who got lucky to even get a job like this, considering his professional CV. And then he managed to select just the right few players to have a bit of success which was long overdue considering the talent as his disposal. 

As for Uruguay, I think they are overrated. They actually conceded the most goals in the qualifiers out of the 4 CONMEBOL teams that qualified directly. Their group in this WC was thrash which made them look world beaters. I think they'll be easier for France than what Argentina were... or maybe they'll do a Portugal 2016 and nick it after a long, dull game.

I know it might sound silly coming from me. We didn't beat them after all, but that only happened because our attacking threats are tragic except for Ronaldo (who didn't even show up in the box all game). If they beat France, they will definitely prove me wrong, but right now I think they're only a half decent side with two of the best strikers of this generation. Nothing out of this world.

5 minutes ago, Machado said:

As for Uruguay, I think they are overrated. They actually conceded the most goals in the qualifiers out of the 4 CONMEBOL teams that qualified directly. Their group in this WC was thrash which made them look world beaters. I think they'll be easier for France than what Argentina were... or maybe they'll do a Portugal 2016 and nick it after a long, dull game.

I know it might sound silly coming from me. We didn't beat them after all, but that only happened because our attacking threats are tragic except for Ronaldo (who didn't even show up in the box all game). If they beat France, they will definitely prove me wrong, but right now I think they're only a half decent side with two of the best strikers of this generation. Nothing out of this world.

To be fair though, Uruguay conceded those goals before their current midfield came to the mix. With Lodeiro, Cebolla, Sanchez and Arevalo Rios they were tragic and relied on set pieces. Now they actually look like a proper team both on paper and on the pitch.

30 minutes ago, Batard said:

Don’t get fucking cocky off the back of beating an Argentine team in disarray. Against Uruguay you need to get some shit in order. For starters, a bit of pace out wide from the fullbacks would be nice. Tolisso isn’t an adequate replacement for Matudii in that system. So yeah, don’t do that. Griezmann or Giroud, not both.

Controversial but I’d drop the former. He’s not done enough for me to warrant a starting place. Give Lemar a go in a diamond midfield. I still don’t believe the 4-3-3 is that solid, some of the goals conceded today were absolute pap. 

I agree that this style won't work against most elite teams. First half was solid hoof ball and see if the forwards can run under it.

I thought Pavard though did well one a few occasions bringing the ball forward. I was not impressed Hernandez this match as he seemed to get beat by Di Maria on numerous occasions.

I don't think you can sit Giroud. He's a threat and does really well holding up the ball when needing, and drawing defenders away. With that being said, I'm not sure you can sit Griezmann either, but it'll be interesting to see if any changes are made.

I don't see DD doing any changes up front. I am worried that egos will get high after this game, without really understanding that France as an inch from going into extra time after giving up a late goal and almost another...

18 minutes ago, Blue said:

To be fair though, Uruguay conceded those goals before their current midfield came to the mix. With Lodeiro, Cebolla, Sanchez and Arevalo Rios they were tragic and relied on set pieces. Now they actually look like a proper team both on paper and on the pitch.

They still do somewhat. Today those were the only goals they scored from open play. All the other 5 were from set pieces.

Just now, Machado said:

They still do somewhat. Today were the only goals they scored from open play. All the other 5 were from set pieces.

I agree but my point was now they have more creativity and are better on counters, contrary to the 4-4-2 with those 4 where it was just null.

I think DD made the Argentina match harder than it should be. As the game showed, abdicating the possession of the ball for longs periods of time is too risky, even when your team is considerably better and your transition is very fast and effective. The Mercado goal is pure luck, but bad things hapen when you don´t have the ball. 

I think @Batard´s suggestion of dropping Giroud and using a 4-4-2 makes sense, but against Uruguay you´ll have the initiative and having a target man like Giroud to battle physically against the uruguayans defenders is important, especially considering they conceded a goal today in an aerial ball.  

• Administrator
Just now, El Profesor said:

I think DD made the Argentina match harder than it should be. As the game showed, abdicating the possession of the ball for longs periods of time is too risky, even when your team is considerably better and your transition is very fast and effective. The Mercado goal is pure luck, but bad things hapen when you don´t have the ball. 

I think @Batard´s suggestion of dropping Giroud and using a 4-4-2 makes sense, but against Uruguay you´ll have the initiative and having a target man like Giroud to battle physically against the uruguayans defenders is important, especially considering they conceded a goal today in an aerial ball.  

I wouldn’t drop Giroud. I’d drop Griezmann. He’s an ego maniac who’s barely contributed anything in open play 

6 minutes ago, Batard said:

I’d go Mbappe and Giroud, they’re the obvious choice. Get more in midfield. 

I wouldn't move Mbappe though, he looked so comfortable today on that out wide position.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Oh sorry, I read it wrong. 

I agree, Griezmann wasn´t very good. 

Mbappe and Giroud work well: keep that going, it’s got potential 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

Do the French people love or hate their foreigners now? 

Depends where you are in France. But today, it’s all forgotten 

Archived