The better place to talk football.

France are World Champions once more

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, Batard said:

Well. We fucking did it 

Congratulations. Just about deserved I'd say. Seen plenty of criticism for France throughout the tournament but I thought you were probably worthy winners. Organised at the back and deadly on the break. All the ingredients in your team for a successful side. I did think Deschamps would possibly cost you the tournament and actually did think you had the best squad in it, but fair play you've turned up in the end. 6 wins in 7 tells its own story.

Congrats, @Batard! Well deserved. France was the best team. And it was nice to see Mandanda playing at least one game during the campaign. :D

By the way, @Eco have you watched the documentary "Les Bleus une autre histoire de France" ? I think you´ll find it very interesting, it gives good insight at how complicated it is to unify the french NT. It´s on Netflix.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6020236/

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Congrats, @Batard! Well deserved. France was the best team. And it was nice to see Mandanda playing at least one game during the campaign. :D

By the way, @Eco have you watched the documentary "Les Bleus une autre histoire de France" ? I think you´ll find it very interesting, it gives good insight at how complicated it is to unify the french NT. It´s on Netflix.

It's a very good documentary. I also recommend them.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's a very good documentary. I also recommend them.

Yes, it´s really good, except the 98 final scenes and celebration. :61_sob: It gives good on the Benzema affair as well. 

I found this on Twitter, this is the starting XI for France in a 2015 friendly against Brazil. Crazy how things change so fast in football: 

DiMjXNpX4AA_pIv.jpg:large

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

What was it everyone was saying about The behaviour of people in England after a game being embarrassing. Told you it wasn’t just us, look at the state of France

I've read more people online today condemning singing football's coming home than I have the behaviour of the French there. The common denominator is it's anti-England.

8 hours ago, El Profesor said:

I have never heard of it! I'll give it a watch. 

Cheers mate

6 hours ago, Dan said:

I've read more people online today condemning singing football's coming home than I have the behaviour of the French there. The common denominator is it's anti-England.

English fans just aren't very cool, even when smashing stuff up the French have a chic, revolutionary, panache about them.

Archived