talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Malcom - Signs for FC Barcelona

Chelsea are set to begin their summer spending spree after reports on Sunday say the agent of French Ligue 1 striker Malcom has met with Blues chiefs.

Malcom is one of Ligue 1’s most promising players and has been very integral in the fortunes of Bordeaux in the just ended season. He arrived from Corinthians in the January transfer window of 2016, and enjoyed what was a breakout season at Bordeaux last season.

The Brazilian scored 12 goals in his maiden full season with the French giants and has attracted top clubs including Arsenal who were rumored to be readying a bid for him before Unai Emery’s arrival at the Emirates according to Goal.

Now, per the Metro Sport, Malcom’s agent Fernando Garcia has met with top Chelsea officials to discuss a potential move. Any deal to London could mean Chelsea pay up to £44 million for his signature.

But with other suitors promising Champions League football next season, it could be a difficult decision for Malcom to make this summer.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Malcom - Inter is Favoured Destination
  • Administrator

https://talksport.com/football/transfer-report-liverpool-and-tottenham-miss-out-brazilian-ace-malcom-favours-inter-milan

No direct quotes but Sky Italia reckon Inter is his favoured destination as opposed to Liverpool or Spurs

Bordeaux's in-demand Brazilian star Malcom is ready to snub interest from Liverpool and Tottenham in favour of a move to Inter Milan, according to reports in Italy.

The 21-year-old is expected to secure a big move this summer after impressing in France during the most recent campaign.

The winger finished the season with 12 goals and seven assists in Ligue 1 and clubs are now lining up to sign him.

Malcom was hot property during the January transfer window, when Arsenal reportedly failed with an approach for him.

Since then Liverpool and Tottenham have joined the race for the Brazilian, while Inter Milan are in the hunt too.

And, according to Sky Italia, a move to the San Siro is currently Malcom’s preferred option.

The winger has reportedly made Inter Milan his first choice after assessing all the offers on the table.

Now the Italian club must try and broker a deal for the Brazilian, who is valued at around £50million by Bordeaux.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

He would struggle in England, he’s still someway short of toughening up but in Italy he’ll thrive. The pace he has as well will really bring some dynamism to Inter.

• 4 weeks later...

From the little I've seen of the French league on the European highlight shows he has been the stand out player in that division away from the major sides. Hes definitely outgrown Bordeaux.

He seems to fit the style that Marco Silva likes, so overall this looks like it could be a very good signing. That said, all of Everton's midfield signings have looked good initially.

The success really depends on if he is capable of adapting to the league, expectations and culture in that first year.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Now Everton have nailed down the level Bordeaux wanted for Malcolm, we will see if any proper clubs are interested at that level?

The irony of a Chelsea fan talking about proper clubs. :ay:

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Massive coup for Everton, that. Beating Inter to this signing is a big statement. 

Didn't really beat us in this signing. Inter didn't want to buy him out, only loan him and the option of buying him out. Bordeaux wanted to sell him outright instead which is why he isn't becoming a Nerazzurri. 

• Subscriber

I've mentioned repeatedly in the Zaha thread and I'll mention it again here. This isn't a position in the squad we really need to strengthen. Malcom plays on the right wing as a left footer that cuts inside if my understanding is correct. I can only imagine that, if we're trying to make this happen, then we've successfully or nearly sorted out Bolasie's exit, or Lookman is actually off to Leipzig. I'm worried that it's the latter. 

Surely if we make this signing, our first choice wingers will be Malcom and Walcott with either Malcom adapting to play on the left wing or an approach where they start one on each side and alternate regularly throughout a game. I'd be amazed if we're bringing him in and he replaced Walcott in the starting line-up. Theo is no world beater but he is surely one of the most nailed on names on the team sheet?

Like I say, this move only makes sense if there's one going out, hopefully Bolasie but even then I'm interested to see how we go into the season with our wide options being Walcott, Malcom, Lookman and Vlasic, because that's two senior right sided attackers and two juniors that can play on the left. Maybe Lookman is so highly regarded that he's actually perceived as our senior left sided attacker this season.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Echo now reporting that we are not interested at all and that Sky Sources are full of it.

Sky are honestly a disgrace now. They shouldn't be allowed to do it.

There was a lot of hype around Malcolm but I have doubts now if Inter aren't going all out for him (even with their financial constraints) and the favourites are Everton. I feel like he was being linked to top clubs all season, must be something going on with him if it's just Everton in for him now?

4 hours ago, Danny said:

There was a lot of hype around Malcolm but I have doubts now if Inter aren't going all out for him (even with their financial constraints) and the favourites are Everton. I feel like he was being linked to top clubs all season, must be something going on with him if it's just Everton in for him now?

Everton aren't in for him

• Subscriber

One of the fan pages apparently got a word with Marcel Brands last night (who was definitely at least at the game). Apparently he said Malcom will be expensive but they're going to try and get him. Whether true or not I don't know, don't see why they'd lie because it isn't one of the WUMmier fan pages.

• The title was changed to Malcom Signs for Barcelona

Archived