talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Malcom - Signs for FC Barcelona

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Surprised Roma announced Malcom before he signed a contract. They´ll also need to be more careful with any leaks to the press, because other teams watch closely what Monchi does. 

Malcom will fight for a starting spot with Dembélé. Journalists who have inside sources at Barcelona, say that Barça doesn´t fully trust Ousmane,apparently he has some maturity issues. Is it true? @SirBalon @The Rebel CRS

Yes mate, written about it a few times. He is apparently quite unsociable with his teammates having tried everything to get him integrated with the group like barbecues they do together regularly and other things. I’ve heard he just sits there without talking to anyone. Even Umtiti who is his compatriot has tried hard to no avail.

As for the immaturity... That was well documented already at BvB and the alarm bells should’ve started rigning when he threw that almighty strop at Dortmund before signing for Barcelona.

This Malcom signing is a very interesting one indeed and on the face of it seems to fit better with Barça than Dembélé. 

I'll be surprised if he can forge his way regularly in to the starting eleven, but fuck it, he's joining Barcelona. This must be beyond his wildest dreams.

I feel a bit for Roma, but given the project they're going under I'm sure thus will be perceived as nothing more than a minor set back. Give it twelve months and they'll attract somebody of similar age with similar abilities and a similar reputation.

If he does flourish however there will be some people with serious questions at Chelsea to answer given the way the Willian situation has been handled. Even if they didn't intend to sell because they had no alternatives, they'll still have to justify why this guy wasn't picked up as a cheaper alternative.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What does this mean for Dembele?

It shouldn’t mean anything. Malcom will play wide right, Dembele wide left. Or vice versa. I think the reality is that Malcom is the depth they were looking to add to the flanks that they ear marked Willian for. So he’ll be on he bench mostly. Unless of course they decide to rotate more next season. 

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44945594

Confirmed.

Barcelona have reached a deal to sign Bordeaux winger Malcom for £36.5m - a day after Roma said they were on the verge of signing him.

The 21-year-old Brazilian has agreed a five-year contract with Barca.

Roma announced on Monday they had reached a deal with Bordeaux subject to a medical and personal terms.

Roma sporting director Monchi said "nothing was signed" but that they are considering whether they have "a legal case" over the transfer.

He told the Roma website: "Early this morning I spoke with Malcom's agent, Fernando Garcia, who had a meeting with Bordeaux planned at 12pm to confirm everything was in place for the player to travel to Rome in the evening.

"After that I was surprised to be told that the agents and Bordeaux wanted another improved offer, as Barcelona were still pushing for a deal. I told them enough, because we did not want to enter an auction.

"It is true that nothing was signed, but there are many messages with the agents and their president that are at least worth being assessed."

Malcolm is expected to have his medical with Spanish champions Barca on Wednesday.

Yet to be capped at senior level by Brazil, he scored 20 goals and set up 13 in 84 Ligue 1 games for Bordeaux following his 2016 move from Corinthians.

The deal is worth an initial 41m euros with another 1m euros (£900,000) in variables.

Malcolm is Barca's second Brazilian summer signing, after midfielder Arthur, 21, joined from Gremio for £35.5m.

• The title was changed to Malcom Signs for Barcelona
2 hours ago, Batard said:

It shouldn’t mean anything. Malcom will play wide right, Dembele wide left. Or vice versa. I think the reality is that Malcom is the depth they were looking to add to the flanks that they ear marked Willian for. So he’ll be on he bench mostly. Unless of course they decide to rotate more next season. 

Yes, thinking well, it seems to me Valverde will give Ousmane every opportunity to establish himself as a starter this season. 

Barcelona squad is big, but it´s not very balanced and they didn´t have adequate depth in some positions. With Messi and Suárez now on their 30s, it makes sense to rotate more and keep them fresh for the big games. Malcom should get enough minutes this season.

Malcom is a good opportunity signing, good price and good player with a considerable margin of progression. I think Barcelona should also keep Rafinha.  

Good market for Barcelona so far. Added depth and youth with Arthur, Lenglet and Malcom. They should still get rid of some players, such as André Gomes, Vermaelen and Denis.

Roma are considering legal action after missing out on the signing of Bordeaux's Brazilian winger Malcom to Barcelona.

Barcelona announced on Tuesday they had agreed the €42m (£37.3m) signing of the 21-year-old, just a day after Roma said they had a deal of their own.

Malcom has agreed a five-year contract at the Nou Camp and is set to undergo a medical on Wednesday.

"We are looking at our options and seeing if we have a legal case," Roma sporting director Monchi told the club's official website.

"It is true that nothing was signed, but there are many messages with the agents and their president that are at least worth being assessed."

5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

They haven't got a leg to stand on and from what I'm hearing, Monchi is upset because of the fact AS Roma had announced the imminent signing publicly.

AS Roma are apparently studying the legal situation regarding Girondins de Bordeaux and Malcom's agents but it will be to no avail as what we have here is a simple case of a player's change of mind once another club came calling in the final hour.  Nothing was signed and it's about free will. 

53 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They haven't got a leg to stand on and from what I'm hearing, Monchi is upset because of the fact AS Roma had announced the imminent signing publicly.

AS Roma are apparently studying the legal situation regarding Girondins de Bordeaux and Malcom's agents but it will be to no avail as what we have here is a simple case of a player's change of mind once another club came calling in the final hour.  Nothing was signed and it's about free will. 

I am glad Malcom went to Barcelona otherwise Kluivert would of been limited to games at Roma, which again proves why he had to stay with Ajax.   

Barcelona are the biggest shithouses going and I hate them as much as the next man, but they haven't done anything wrong here.

Roma embarrassed themselves by announcing the deal early, and now they're going to embarrass themselves further by telling the teacher on another child who took the coloured pencil they wanted to use.

Both Malcom's representatives and Girondins de Bordeaux have released documents that Barça had been negotiating in secret (for 15 days) with the French club and failed to inform AS Roma about this and thus why the Italian club are contemplating legal action against both Malcom's representatives and Bordeaux.  When a club negotiates a possible signing there are all sorts of costs from lawyers, flights, formulating contracts and financial action... Roma are adamant that this is breaching information that should've been issued to them so as to have been in a different position of negotiation. Apparently the secret negotiations between the French club and Barcelona were only made aware to AS Roma right in the final moments where they weren't in a position to renegotiate anything and had lost time and money.

Even though AS Roma were stupid to have publicy announced anything before a deal was struck, there are also legal issues here that aren't so clear with this new information that's come to light which is why the club from the Eternal City are searching to claim compensation from both Malcom's agent and reps and also Girondins de Bordeaux.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Both Malcom's representatives and Girondins de Bordeaux have released documents that Barça had been negotiating in secret (for 15 days) with the French club and failed to inform AS Roma about this and thus why the Italian club are contemplating legal action against both Malcom's representatives and Bordeaux.  When a club negotiates a possible signing there are all sorts of costs from lawyers, flights, formulating contracts and financial action... Roma are adamant that this is breaching information that should've been issued to them so as to have been in a different position of negotiation. Apparently the secret negotiations between the French club and Barcelona were only made aware to AS Roma right in the final moments where they weren't in a position to renegotiate anything and had lost time and money.

Even though AS Roma were stupid to have publicy announced anything before a deal was struck, there are also legal issues here that aren't so clear with this new information that's come to light which is why the club from the Eternal City are searching to claim compensation from both Malcom's agent and reps and also Girondins de Bordeaux.

Bollocks. Barcelona have never negotiated with anyone in secret

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Can smell a lawsuit. Why did Bordeux not inform Roma that they were also talking with Barca? 

why would they have to?

Malcom and Arthur are very exciting signings. Whether they work out or not is another matter but there is certainly a lot to look forward to there with those 2.

@Machado What is Grimaldo playing like these days mate? As I personally didn't see the point in selling him only to buy someone like Digne. Would it not have made sense for the club just to keep him as back-up to Alba? I personally never really saw Grimaldo as going on to become a star, but I've always seen the talent in him to be good enough to offer depth to the squad.

51 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If Roma and Bordeux were indeed in the negotiation phase and agreed terms, wouldn't this fall under concealment of information? 

It would on the face of it and Bordeaux would be liable. 

8 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Further prove that any investment in la masia is just a waste of fucking time and effort, but more importantly, it a fucking waste and hypocrisy to go around Catalonia this and Catalonia that and then field a starting eleven full of foreigns... El futbol club Barcelona es una puta lastima y verguenza! They have destroyed the only factor that seperated them from real Madrid, making the academy the top priority. 

Que lastima

I think recently Real Madrid academy has been doing better than Barça´s. Isn´t it? 

In the end, I think it comes down to the board. Bartomeu seems clueless, whereas Florentino is very astute. 

Archived