• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Saturday 7th July - Russia 2-2(p) Croatia

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 7pm.

Venue - Fisht Stadium

Results so far:
Spain 1-1 Russia (Russia won 4-3 on penalties)
Croatia 1-1 Denmark (Croatia won 3-2 on penalties)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russia should win, but Croatia have more individual quality. Modric was great against Denmark, but as a "team" they still haven't impressed me. Its a tough one to call but I'm going for the hosts in this.

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Russia should win, but Croatia have more individual quality. Modric was great against Denmark, but as a "team" they still haven't impressed me. Its a tough one to call but I'm going for the hosts in this.

Really? Croatia has a team might have been the best during the group stages, and I thought Modric was 'eh' against Denmark, and I think there is no way that Russia should 'win' this match. xD

Just now, Eco said:

Really? Croatia has a team might have been the best during the group stages, and I thought Modric was 'eh' against Denmark, and I think there is no way that Russia should 'win' this match. xD

Not for me, and trust me I tried to find positives in Croatia but I couldn't aside from their pressing, which has been good.

Russia have looked good but I'm undecided if it will last.

Just now, Blue said:

Not for me, and trust me I tried to find positives in Croatia but I couldn't aside from their pressing, which has been good.

Russia have looked good but I'm undecided if it will last.

We are on totally separate pages. I thought Russia looked so anti-football against Spain that I couldn't call it 'good'. It's the worst kind of football out there..I hope they get smoked. Croatia have a lot more talent and I think should be the clear favorites in this game. 

Just now, Marc said:

@Blue had predicted Croatia to lose all four games so far xD close

Quote them all. I only predicted them to lose against Argentina and Denmark.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Quote them all. I only predicted them to lose against Argentina and Denmark.

Can't press the quote button because the topics are closed but:

Group D
Croatia 0-2 Nigeria, 20.00

Group D
Argentina 2-0 Croatia, 19.00

Group D
Iceland 1-0 Croatia, 7pm

Sunday 1st July
Croatia 0-2 Denmark, 19.00

Prediction league topics btw.

4 losses, 7 goals against, 0 for

Where's that gun in mouth, crying face emoji when you need it?

:England:

And what did you accomplish by proving that? xD

I don't think Croatia are good, you got a problem with that? I haven't been impressed with them and I even tried to. They've got some good things about them but I've got no agenda. I've just not been impressed.

On paper Croatia are much better than Russia. But Russia keeps doing better than everyone expects them too. However, I hope Croatia rapes Russia so hard, thoroughly and brutally that the Croatia national team is arrested after the match for violating Russia's gay propaganda laws.

10 hours ago, Blue said:

And what did you accomplish by proving that? xD

I don't think Croatia are good, you got a problem with that? I haven't been impressed with them and I even tried to. They've got some good things about them but I've got no agenda. I've just not been impressed.

It proved that you’ve been wrong 4 times in a row and then lied (again) about being wrong. 

• Subscriber

The only thing Russia have had go significantly in their favour is the fact that they got to play Saudi Arabia first and win 5-0 for a huge confidence boost. No doubt that was significant. You could argue that Salah being injured and the Lopetegui saga have affected their other opponents but if you want to piece that all together into a pro-Russia conspiracy then you should see a shrink.

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

The Russians can be very dangerous. Novichok in particular is one to watch out for.

I had to Google that :dam:

On paper Croatia should easily win, but on paper so should have Spain. Croatia always functions better as the underdog and usually crumbles under pressure of being favourites. It depends on how much the Russians can bully them and tire Modric/Rakitic the same way the Danes did. Not sure if hoping for penalties will be best strategy for Russia, since unlike De Gea, Subasic is pretty good at saving penalties. Still, I'm gonna bite my lip here and say the hosts win this in a very tight contest. Just a feeling...

Croatia really need to think about how to create the kind of game in which a team of their quality rises to the top....

Dont concede set pieces or penalties but concede enough possession that it's not a 90-10 stoke city holdout game...

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Saturday 7th July - Russia 2-2(p) Croatia
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived