• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Saturday 7th July - Russia 2-2(p) Croatia

football forum

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ASF said:

Unlucky Russia. Thought they would win the shoot-out, after coming back from the 1-2.

England will be better physically next Wednesday, with them not playing any ET yet, in contrast to the two of Croatia.

They played one, against Colombia. But I agree, this is good to England, who will be more rested. 

I agree, extra-time does hurt the energy levels but it also hardens the team on the positive side.  It makes them feel battle worthy because they keep on living it.  England have also had theirs though!!

5 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Is it safe to say now that this is the best world cup in recent time regardless of quality ?

Controversial call imo. I’m definitely enjoying this the most since 2006. But out of that, this one and 1998 I don’t have it clear in my mind which is the best.... And even 2002 I loved because its the only cup ever that is friendly to the Australia time zone so I saw 100% of all games.

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I agree, extra-time does hurt the energy levels but it also hardens the team on the positive side.  It makes them feel battle worthy because they keep on living it.  England have also had theirs though!!

Think lack of rotation does also.... Southgate could have had a big win pulling a couple of the engine players a bit earlier. 

England will be less fatigued than Croatia come the semi but they could have been fresher with a bit more rotation once the game was won.

I'm glad we are going to see Croatia in the semi final based on how they've contributed to the spectacle as a whole. When I saw Russia had scored I thought 'fuck', but after that Croatia did well to get back in to the game.

In a way, albeit I think theyre better than us on paper, i wpukd rather be playing Croatia than Russia. Imagine what the atmosphere would be like for Russia in the semi final of a World Cup in their home country against England. It would have been a real psychological battle for our players.

I reckon its advantage England for the semi. This wasn't a quality game by any means, even though it was one of the more emotional games this tournament. Croatia didnt really do anything tjat made me think they would cause us problems. Modric and Rakitic in particular seemed to struggle to find a rhythrm together. You imagine those players that played 120 minutes will be knackered too.

On a side note I'm pretty disappointed seeing some of the pictures of people wrecking ambulance service vehicles yesterday. The photos of the people responsible don't strike me as the type of people that love football. Just twats that can't handle their drink in a big crowd.

Headline news over here but was portrayed as a celebration not anything sinister.

There is sure to be people who couldn't give two figs about football amongst em but that's life!

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Saturday 7th July - Russia 2-2(p) Croatia
  • The topic was unpinned
8 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

On a side note I'm pretty disappointed seeing some of the pictures of people wrecking ambulance service vehicles yesterday. The photos of the people responsible don't strike me as the type of people that love football. Just twats that can't handle their drink in a big crowd.

Yea.. watching some that were jumping off buses and crashing through bus stop roofs and jumping on passing cars bonnets.. There is being in high spirits and then taking it a step too far... If they behave like that because they have a semi on I hate to think about how their poor wives must feel in the bedroom B|

7 hours ago, Harry said:

I'm surprised there was so little activity in this thread during the match you see who the semi final rival would be. Everyone out on the booze after the England result? 

I would have preferred Russia to get through... Croatia are going to cause us plenty of problems I think.. 

Archived