• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Saturday 7th July - Russia 2-2(p) Croatia

football forum

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Cheryshev is actual class one of the revelations of the World Cup. Great player. Really want to see Croatia v England in the semis though because I think that would be one of the games of the tournament.

Russia fully deserves to be playing the quarter-finals. Their tournament has been nothing like the South Korea farce, in 2002.

But what Toni meant was that the home side, usually, gets favorable decisions in key moments, historically, which is true. Italy, in the 1930's, or England in 1966 confirms this.

If Russia wins tonight, next Wednesday will be absolute carnage between the two sets of fans.

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Cheryshev is actual class one of the revelations of the World Cup. Great player. Really want to see Croatia v England in the semis though because I think that would be one of the games of the tournament.

Cheryshev is no revelation mate.

8 minutes ago, ASF said:

Russia fully deserves to be playing the quarter-finals. Their tournament has been nothing like the South Korea farce, in 2002.

But what Toni meant was that the home side, usually, gets favorable decisions in key moments, historically, which is true. Italy, in the 1930's, or England in 1966 confirms this.

If Russia wins tonight, next Wednesday will be absolute carnage between the two sets of fans.

Both fans have been ok

Russia are not a good side then, convinced on that. Decent, yes but not fantastic. It was hard to pick them out but I can see it now.

I'm actually impressed with Croatia moreso than I was in previous matches. They look a lot better offensively here and not just relying on individualities.

4th consecutive tournament KO game for Croatia that goes to ET

Croatia just don't have anyone in the front 3 to consistently make an impact it feels like. Mandzukic is really good at what he does, but there's only so much he can do. And they haven't looked the same since Perisic went off.

Second consecutive 120mins game and Croatia are starting to break down... Meanwhile Russia who are also playing their 2nd consecutive 120 minute game, and have had less of the ball in both the games, are not tiring at all. so, you know, everything going as expected.

Croatia deserved that to be fair. That's the first time in this tournament they've convinced me.

Good on Russia though. A few faults in the side and they've managed to make it this far. They were a much more likeable side than the dour dross we had to watch 4 years ago in Brazil.

Unlucky Russia. Thought they would win the shoot-out, after coming back from the 1-2.

England will be better physically next Wednesday, with them not playing any ET yet, in contrast to the two of Croatia.

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Saturday 7th July - Russia 2-2(p) Croatia
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived