talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Friday 6th July - Brazil 1-2 Belgium

football forum

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Jesus is finally fucking dropped for Bobby and that Brazil absolutely murders Belgium. Not really sure why, I don't have anything against Belgium. And I don't really like Neymar at all so I'm not sure why I want Brazil to progress. But that's my gut reaction to that.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Machado said:

Is anyone stopping Brazil? France maybe. Nailed on final IMO.

same side of the draw so not quite nailed on xD 

2 minutes ago, Machado said:

Is anyone stopping Brazil? France maybe. Nailed on final IMO.

I may be biased because I´m a very pessimistic person, but I don´t see Brazil being that strong. 

The first 20 minutes of today´s match were dominated by México and in every match so far Brazil had at least 15 to 20 minutes where they were dominated by their opponents. A team like Belgium, with so much talent upfront can make us pay. 

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I may be biased because I´m a very pessimistic person, but I don´t see Brazil being that strong. 

The first 20 minutes of today´s match were dominated by México and in every match so far Brazil had at least 15 to 20 minutes where they were dominated by their opponents. A team like Belgium, with so much talent upfront can make us pay. 

It get the feeling you'll see a way out of any situation but France are different calibre, difficult to tell.

My money is on Brazil for this game, no doubt. Belgium aren't exactly going to this game as the most confident side there is.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope Jesus is finally fucking dropped for Bobby and that Brazil absolutely murders Belgium. Not really sure why, I don't have anything against Belgium. And I don't really like Neymar at all so I'm not sure why I want Brazil to progress. But that's my gut reaction to that.

I will be shocked if Jesus is dropped while Tite is in charge mate. 

51 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

You're the Brazilian version of me, you've predicted Brazil to lose every game just like I have Croatia B|

Just now, Blue said:

I will be shocked if Jesus is dropped while Tite is in charge mate. 

It's mental though. One has demonstrated effectiveness despite being used in an unreasonably limited role. The other has been pretty dogshite.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's mental though. One has demonstrated effectiveness despite being used in an unreasonably limited role. The other has been pretty dogshite.

Firmino could win ballon D'or and Jesus would still start. Tite is stubborn beyond belief. Same reason Arthur wasn't called up. Good manager but he's got his issues.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Often people talk about the attacking threat of Brazil, under Tite they have been very solid defensively contrast to Martinez with any of his teams. This will be the deciding factor of the game. 

Thiago Silva has been solid. One of the best so far in the tournament. 

I can't decide between these two.

A France vs England final would be great considering their historical rivalry which is still alive in some ways plus the media and fan hype England always brings to the World Cup.

On the other hand Brazil vs Uruguay semi final would make my day :x a classical South American duel on the biggest stage, plenty of harsh fouls rough tackles lol Neymar :1_grinning:

with Shades of 1950 still on Brazil's mind.

I don’t understand these historical rivalries like the Germany one or this one (France) you’ve just mentioned.

Maybe they were way before my time because the only one I remember was when I was very young against Scotland.

This could be the best matchup we have seen so far in this tournament.  Two of the best all-around sides left.  It's a shame that one of them will be sent home early.  Brazil have to be the favorites from what we've seen so far, but I wouldn't sleep on Belgium after their ridiculous comeback last match.  I'd give Brazil 65-35 odds over Belgium.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Japan caused Belgium a lot of problems. Brazil not winning this in 90 mins would be a surprise.

Japan are a class side tbf. 

Reckon this will be a close game if Belgium ditch the 3 at the back. 

Danilo suffered an injury on the ligament of his left ankle and is out of the World Cup. So, we´re down to 22 players. Fágner it is, with Marquinhos as his sub. 

Marcelo, on the other hand, is back after losing the last match. This will be starting XI for Brazil: 

Alisson;  Fágner, Thiago Silva, Miranda, Marcelo;  Fernandinho, Paulinho, Coutinho;  Willian, Gabriel Jesus, Neymar.

27 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Vincent Kompany to clean Neymar out in the first 5 minutes. 

Neymars new song.  Keep rolling rolling rolling rolling

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Friday 6th July - Brazil 1-2 Belgium
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived