talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Friday 6th July - Brazil 1-2 Belgium

football forum

8 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Needless to say I'm glad all these South American teams are out and they certainly will not be missed. Even Sergio Ramos would struggle to respect the antics of the likes of Neymar this tournament. The cheating from the Colombians against England too is possibly the worst team display i have ever seen in my lifetime. It's all good saying "well it's in their footballing culture", well maybe it's time they knew their culture is quite frankly bollocks. Whether they like it or not, these footballers have a responsibility to behave as role models to young children that have started watching the game.

I was actually discussing this with a friend from England the other day, how the South American teams didn't make any friends this time around, other than maybe Peru who didn't even last very long. Usually South America catches the eye of many, like Colombia and Chile in 2014. So its been a disgrace of a world cup from a performance standpoint and an "antics" standpoint I guess you can put it.

However, I did notice something interesting. Remember how I said South Americans struggle on European soil? Its exactly the same with Europeans on South or North American soil. The only time a European won the world cup here was in 2014. Germany. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived