talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Friday 6th July - Brazil 1-2 Belgium

football forum

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First France and now Belgium vs Brazil. Two golden generations fulfilling their promise by out-skilling the two countries most associated with football talent. Had to be seen to be believed, but France and Belgium are the two most talented teams in the world. (Head coach aside)

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Brazil have been shit since the own goal. All European teams now.

Yep, looking like it. I would be bothered but I can actually appreciate Belgium and France, the 4 teams on the other bracket can get fucked though.

I want to ask myself though, why the fuck do we always struggle in European world cups? :/ 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Machado said:

Very good tactically today to be fair. So far it seems to be working. With Witsel and Fellaini it's looking very difficult to get through the middle.

Bit embarrassing for Brazil then seeing as I have it on good authority that Fellaini is shite and a tree not a footballer.

• Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Hazard's second only to Messi in my favourite players to watch when he's at his best.

he's ridiculously quick when he's on form. 

Despite some problems at defending high balls, very good first half by Belgium.

As I've said, Lukaku skill (hold game, power, ability to create out for himself and the rest of the team) is a big part for countering the brazilian agression at the midfield, along with offering some agression of their own with Fellaini and to a lesser extent Witsel.

De Bruyne and Hazard are smelling blood which is also very good for them.

Belgium have also zeroed Willian, who has been one of the biggest threats of Brazil in the World Cup. 

Just now, Stan said:

Neymar having a shocker. Far too easy for Belgium to read his game.

I've thought he's been terrible all tournament, other than the Mexico game he's not having a good tournament.

Belgium really showing what their golden generation are about. De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku and Fellini have been excellent. This is a very well oiled machine and if they win today, then there is only really France in the semis to stop them. Both have been convincing today so the semi will be a tough one to call. That's of course if Belgium don't fuck this up now of course xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Belgium really showing what their golden generation are about. De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku and Fellini have been excellent. This is a very well oiled machine and if they win today, then there is only really France in the semis to stop them. Both have been convincing today so the semi will be a tough one to call. That's of course if Belgium don't fuck this up now of course xD

if they do go through and play France and then whether or not they go on to play in the final/win the whole thing, I'd be eating some humble pie about Belgium & Martinez. I didn't think it would work and always had them down as individuals as opposed to a team that gel together with lots of talent in the right cogs. This tournament especially they've proved me wrong with their biggest test today. That was a great first half for them and I can't really see them letting up cos they're frighteningly quick and effective on the counter today.

It's taken time but maybe they are finally gelling and should be a force to be reckoned with. And that's whatever happens by the end of this match to be honest.

Brazil is exposed. There were always problems with this team and they were not dealt. It´s always like this with Brazil.  

Midfield is a tragedy. Fernandinho really felt the own goal and is not guarding his position. He is the worst player on the pitch by far. Paulinho is non-existent as usual, he´s a striker who plays in the midfield and lives for the tap-ins he score. Hopefully, his career with our NT is finished after this match. 

Well done, Belgium. Lukaku is having a huge match, he´s making Miranda look like a child. Hazard and De Bruyne also showing their class. Gotta recognize they´re better than us. :congrats:

Just now, Stan said:

if they do go through and play France and then whether or not they go on to play in the final/win the whole thing, I'd be eating some humble pie about Belgium & Martinez. I didn't think it would work and always had them down as individuals as opposed to a team that gel together with lots of talent in the right cogs. This tournament especially they've proved me wrong with their biggest test today. That was a great first half for them and I can't really see them letting up cos they're frighteningly quick and effective on the counter today.

It's taken time but maybe they are finally gelling and should be a force to be reckoned with. And that's whatever happens by the end of this match to be honest.

Same. If Martinez takes them to the final, he's proven me wrong. Although I will then move goalposts and say that this is evidence that international football is totally shite.

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Friday 6th July - Brazil 1-2 Belgium
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived