talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga - 2018/19 Chat

football forum

6 hours ago, binder said:

Wow, 2nd div starts already, it still seems too early for me (it is like 40C outside!).  Do you now no why Arp is playing Reserves?  I thought he would have a big year, picked him on my kicker interactive team.

HSV lose the first North Derby and I mean really first, dont think they have ever played each other before? I guess HSV did lose more players than I thought, Koln on the other hand still kept key players like Timo Horn and Jonas Hector.   Monday night football too, is that new this season?

Just checked. Holstein Kiel were runners up to HSV in the okd Regionaliga Nord in 1953 and 1957. I must get a life.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Faithcore said:

Very disappointed after yesterday's performance. Seemed like Ilia Gruev was replaced with Jogi Löw somehow.

Did he eat his boogers? 

On 04/08/2018 at 10:01, binder said:

Wow, 2nd div starts already, it still seems too early for me (it is like 40C outside!).  Do you now no why Arp is playing Reserves?  I thought he would have a big year, picked him on my kicker interactive team.

HSV lose the first North Derby and I mean really first, dont think they have ever played each other before? I guess HSV did lose more players than I thought, Koln on the other hand still kept key players like Timo Horn and Jonas Hector.   Monday night football too, is that new this season?

We actually didn't lose very many, let alone crucial ones. The only critical player we've lost from last season, we didn't even lose to transfers, as it was Papa who we lost to a knee ligament injury. Otherwise, we've kept all of our important players. Kostic is likely to go, but he never really has hit his value for us anyway, and really wasn't all too important last year.

The problem, by my impression, was excessive nerves from a squad with very little 2. BuLi experience. Khaled Narey was our only player who's recently played in the division, and he was pushed out of position into a lone striker role, and so isolated from the team (especially since we don't play with a No 10) and the ability to impact the game with some experience. The team just did not look like the side which faced Monaco the week before, and seemed to have forgotten so many of the instructions and system established by Titz. 

Point is, I think we'll still be okay, but it's going to take a bit of settling down. I think Papa was a lot more important than many Hamburgers are willing to admit, both for his athleticism but also his personality and presence. Our young Dutchman, Rick van Drongelen, looks to be moving into that role, but he's still young and still gets phased by making mistakes. Papa wasn't perfect and made mistakes of his own, but he was fantastic at just shrugging them off and playing on. If RvD can continue to mature into a role as a back line leader, this will do this incredibly young team a lot of good. 

Really looking forward to the match tomorrow, as I view it as a good way to settle down. We're away from the imposing and impatient Volkparkstadion, in a small stadium, against a side we really should beat. Settle down, remember Titz' system, don't get distracted by Sandhausen's outlandishly handsome Gislason, and play a bit of football, then we'll see how we do settling into this league. 

25 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

HSV back to winning ways this weekend, just what they needed following that opening day defeat. 

Yup, early goal helped a lot to settle them down and execute their system. Much, much better.

• Administrator

1-0 to Koln at home against Union Berlin.

Berlin started quite well, became a bit even but for the last 15(ish) mins it's been all Koln and the goal by Clemens is the least they deserve. 

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Stan said:

what a game at St Pauli. Ended 5-3 to Koln!

Went 2-0, 2-2, 2-4, 3-4. Then Koln sealed it in the 95th minute. 

@Smiley Culture do you still follow Koln?

Yeah, I do. Very good start to the season for them and today’s result could be one looked back on at the end of the season as a massive result, especially, as you say, being two down. 

Simon Terrode is a huge asset at that level, and the Bundesliga too tbh, and I fancy them for a top three finish. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Don't like Ingolstadt at all, but hope he does well there! I still think he's a good coach and that brilliant Rückrunde was not a fluke, but it was probably a bit too early for him and he fucked up at man management afterwards. This could be a good way to restart his career.

It's sad that we had to let Gruev go but I think it was the only possible option at this point.

Lieberknecht is probably a good choice for us. I'm sure he could have gone to other clubs as well and he has proven himself for many years in Braunschweig.

Either way it will be a very difficult season for us but I think Lieberknecht might be able to handle the situation.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived