talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga - 2018/19 Chat

football forum

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

How the hell did Koln (Top of the league) lose 2-1 at home to Duisburg, who are bottom?! 

Only an Englishmen could ask that question. You guys just aren´t used to a competitive league.

To be more serious, the 2.Buli is very hard to predict as the differences in quality between promotion candidates and relegation fighters are very small.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Only an Englishmen could ask that question. You guys just aren´t used to a competitive league.

To be more serious, the 2.Buli is very hard to predict as the differences in quality between promotion candidates and relegation fighters are very small.

I am used to it given I follow the Championship (look how tight that is from top of the league to around 14th-15th).

I think my surprise at that result is legitimate given Koln had only lost 1 game so far, are clear at the top, have scored most goals so far. Compared to Duisburg who hadn't won a game at all this season in the league and were going away to the leaders, had conceded loads already. 

Everything pointed towards a home win... 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Faithcore said:

I think everyone here is just full of adrenaline after that fantastic match yesterday.

Der MSV ist wieder da!

Do you reckon a win like that will kick-start your season? If I remember correctly, you finished last season fairly strongly.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Do you reckon a win like that will kick-start your season? If I remember correctly, you finished last season fairly strongly.

Very hard to tell. I still think that it will be a very difficult season for us but you cannot imagine how important this unexpected win was for us. Or you can if you have a look at the table...

It was the first match with our new coach Torsten Lieberknecht in charge and for now I'm just relieved and excited to see what changes he brings to our team. 

Yesterday was a great start. Of course we also were a bit lucky in a few situations but I guess that is just normal looking at the circumstances.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very happy about our win in Bielefeld yesterday. That was really unexpected.

When Lieberknecht took over we had only 2 points after 8 matches and now we've got 13 points after 14 matches played.

Still a long way to go but our situation now looks much better again.

• Subscriber

I went to Bochum v Aue yesterday. Our fans and theirs have got a little friendship of which I know a lot of the people involved, so this time I went along and my god I got a treat with that outcome. Aue took the lead in the 2nd minute after Bochum should've probably gone ahead within about 20 seconds. From then on they just defended and frustrated Bochum - eerily similar to watching Leicester actually seeing a limited side go away to the more talented one and completely stifle them.

On the hour Bochum got a penalty and Hinterseer whacked it against the post. One of those where you just think it's not going to be their day.

But they got the equaliser with 15 left through Weilandt, and in injury time he scored again so Bochum won 2-1. Genuinely celebrated that goal a lot more than I thought I would. Their fans are a welcoming bunch and I kind of understand the whole friendship a bit more. I'll be going back I reckon.

I've been to three German games now and all three of them had a match deciding last minute goal.

• Subscriber
On 24/09/2018 at 19:58, nudge said:

Don't like Ingolstadt at all, but hope he does well there! I still think he's a good coach and that brilliant Rückrunde was not a fluke, but it was probably a bit too early for him and he fucked up at man management afterwards. This could be a good way to restart his career.

On 24/09/2018 at 20:13, Tommy said:

I always liked Nouri. Very intelligent and likable man. Hope he does well there. 

Well that didn't work out well... Nouri's been sacked after 3 points and no win in 8 matches.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well that didn't work out well... Nouri's been sacked after 3 points and no win in 8 matches.

only 8 matches?!

Gotta be more going on behind the scenes for a manager to not be given more time than that :o 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

only 8 matches?!

Gotta be more going on behind the scenes for a manager to not be given more time than that :o 

Yeah and now they've appointed their third manager already after just 14 matches this season. I haven't seen much of Ingolstadt and thus can't judge their performances but somehow I have a feeling that it's not solely the manager's fault...

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived