talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga - 2018/19 Chat

football forum

33 minutes ago, Eco said:

It's almost creepy how you seem to lurk until HSV are mentioned, and then BOOM, there you are. xD

Lol fair enough. To explain myself 😶 currently working three jobs atm, so time is pretty limited. When my beloved HSV is mentioned however, gotta swoop in for the defense!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty awful first half. 

Koln leading 1-0, and were easily the better team. HSV seems to be sitting back and waiting for the counter, but Koln have been way too quick in getting back. 

Just now, nudge said:

1-1 just as I wanted to post that HSV create enough goal scoring opportunities but their finishing is awful xD 

It has been, up until that deflection, I dont think Timo has had to do anything.

Final in Koln, as Koln draw Hamburg 1-1. 

Fair result. Koln were the better team in the first half, but HSV were clearly the better team in the second. 

Huge result for Hamburg, 

Next home for HSV : Home to Erzgebirge. 

germany-2.png

30. Spieltag

Saturday, April 20, 2019
HSV vs Ergebirge Aue
Holstein Kiel vs Paderborn
MSV Duisburg vs Sandhausen
Greuther Furth vs Union Berlin

Sunday, April 21, 2019
Arminia Bielefeld vs Ingolstadt
Jahn Regensburg vs Magdeburg
Darmstadt 98 vs Bochum
Heidenheim vs St. Pauli
Dynamo Dresden vs Koln

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Markus Anfang, who’s led Köln to top of the table, has been sacked. 

Their story sounds full of BS.

There has got to be more to this story

21 minutes ago, Eco said:

Their story sounds full of BS.

There has got to be more to this story

Well, Köln feeling to a higher calling than just achieving promotion in 2.Liga or being a midtable club in Buli would be no news. They're second to Bayern only in Germany in their self-perception. So wouldn't be surprised if the last four results (two draws followed by two losses) were the only reason for sacking Anfang.

2 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, Köln feeling to a higher calling than just achieving promotion in 2.Liga or being a midtable club in Buli would be no news. They're second to Bayern only in Germany in their self-perception. So wouldn't be surprised if the last four results (two draws followed by two losses) were the only reason for sacking Anfang.

So laughable.

Kind of like some of the Kaiserslautern fans I know...think they are bigger than what they really are.

9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Kind of like some of the Kaiserslautern fans I know...think they are bigger than what they really are.

To be fair, they are a lot bigger than the level they're currently playing at, stature-wise. Such a historic club with lots of tradition. It's a shame what happened to them. 

55 minutes ago, Tommy said:

To be fair, they are a lot bigger than the level they're currently playing at, stature-wise. Such a historic club with lots of tradition. It's a shame what happened to them. 

I believe you are where you deserve to be, that's how this sport works. If you can't manage your finances and pick a shit team, thus finishing in last...then you deserve to get relegated.

To be honest I can understand the decision not to continue with Markus Anfang.

Their squad is by far superior to all other teams and most of the season they were not playing well at all.

I think they just don't see Anfang as the right guy for the Bundesliga and therefore I think it's fair enough to make that decision at this point.

I also expected much more from Anfang. His team in Kiel was playing really nice and refreshing football and he was never able to transfer that to Cologne.

2 hours ago, Faithcore said:

Their squad is by far superior to all other teams

Definitely. I mean, Köln has twice the squad we have to be honest. Two German internationals with Jonas Hector and Timo Horn... that's insane for 2. Bundesliga. 

• Administrator

Koln are slipping up at the top, delaying their (inevitable?) title win. Lost their last 2 and lead now cut down to 5 points.

Run ins for the 3 below them are intriguing - Paderborn, Union Berlin & Hamburg. Some sides below them have an outside chance of promotion but unlikely.

Paderborn play Hamburg in penultimate game (12th May).

Duisburg could have a hand in it too - they play Heidenheim (currently 5th) and Hamburg in final 2 games.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived