talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joachim Löw will stay on as Germany Boss

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course. If the spastic can’t figure out a winning combination with probably the deepest talent pool on the world, he has to go. By all rights you should have gotten to the finals of the Euros in 12 and 16.

• Administrator

I reckon he should go. Embarrassing to go out in the group stages in what wasn't a largely difficult group. 

Took Germany as far as he can when they won the tournament 4 years ago. Time for some fresh ideas perhaps. One that includes Sane in the squad xD 

In my opinion it's not as clear cut as all that... Germany re-established their football circa 2000 and changed everything they had always been about. A new era was brought forward firstly with Jürgen Klinsmann and then subsequently Joachim Löw. The German members on here know the story so I'm not going to go through the whole contemporary history of the DFB and its restructure.

The reason I say that it's not as easy as it seems is because of the product Germany's academies have been producing for nearly 20 years.  They have a similar problem to Spain in terms of the brand of football they're playing and how teams setup against them.  They've both suffered the same difficulties in terms of breaking down the walls setup in front of them.

In all honesty in my personal opinion what occurred is an anomaly and all of them will have learned lessons from all of this and will have taken it all on board so as to tweak the errors.  The only mistakes Löw made in my view is having shown and had blind faith in a number of the old guard which stunted the hunger of youth. Maybe Löw didn't want to risk it all with an all new generation taking the 2018 World Cup adventure on board... An error, but an error in hindsight. We're all very clever when we use hindsight like Gary Neville found out in his hilarious experience as a head coach for Valencia. Analysing what's been instead of managing what could be is a whole different kettle of fish and a certain modem of respect should be given to such a difficult job.

Not sure if the word 'fault' is appropriate here.  Lowe's record  is without question one of the best in recent history, but his reluctance to accept that he is getting older and lacks ability to relate to the youngsters is getting yth best of him.  To go to Russia with Gomez who has been past his best since Germany threw him out for his cheating and pretending - second only to Marco Marin  and even worse than Raheem Sterling - and after a dismal year in Munich Muller was also going to let him down.  Boateng's inability to stop studying his own anus left him woefully short of decent defenders and sending Sane home to leave Timo Werner - good against BL poor defences but useless in the CL against good teams - as his main striker and Mesut sulking for not being allowed to play where he wanted and Julien always pouting and not really ready for serious big-time footy was always going to undo any plans he tried to make.  The academies are still producing great youngsters and the junior sides prove that at U17, U19 and the Olympics.So why would he turn his back opn the kids and rely on the 'has-beens'.  We did that for years in the UK and now our new leader has changed that with the result the team looks likely to progress tonight and maybe even further.  Kloppy was brilliant at Dormund giving the young players their chance.  Perhaps the National team will start to do the same - and if Lowe can do it - great.  If not, time for someone like Klopp to take it over. That would probably be over every Anfield supporters dead body!

Time for some serious thinking at the top!

8 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Löw is a disgusting animal that needs to be seperated from society - both physically and visually.

That's radical and extreme... I wonder what you think about people that have that tag attached to them by most of society.  I can't fathom how you grade people with that sort of remark.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's radical and extreme... I wonder what you think about people that have that tag attached to them by most of society.  I can't fathom how you grade people with that sort of remark.

It's edgy, and therefore "extremely funny". 

Yeh - not happy to see Bartra's comment and SirBalon is correct.  This forum has always argued and disagreed between ourselves - but respectfully. Respect costs nothing and is worth loads! As SirBalon's tag says - keep the faith!

21 hours ago, Harry said:

since 1998 only Brazil won a cup and avoided elimination at the next cups group stage. 

4 of the last 5 cups. 

How many of them kept that manager on afterwards? 

This.  100% agree. 

Guess the Nations league will show some answers 

are Nations going to take this new tournament seriously?

• Subscriber

Disappointed but not surprised as @Tommy already told me this was how It was going to go. Can you call it a wasted generation If they took home one world cup title? I still think so. At least the squad shakeup will be inevitable for Euros.

On 6.7.2018 at 17:35, Teso dos Bichos said:

Approach for Klopp? xD keeping Löw is crazy but replacing him with Klopp would be insane. Maybe as a motivational speaker but his tactics are too average for Germany. 

I would prefer someone with average tactics to the current football coach impersonator in charge.

Archived