talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid CF Discussion

football forum

football forum

200px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg.png

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol (Royal Madrid Football Club), commonly known as Real Madrid, or simply as Real outside Spain frontiers, is a professional football club based in Madrid, Spain.

Founded in 1902 as Madrid Football Club, the team has traditionally worn a white home kit since inception. The word Real is Spanish for Royal and was bestowed to the club by King Alfonso XIII in 1920 together with the royal crown in the emblem. The team has played its home matches in the 85,454-capacity Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in downtown Madrid since 1947. Unlike most European sporting entities, Real Madrid's members (socios) have owned and operated the club throughout its history.

The club was estimated to be worth €3.24 billion ($3.65 billion) in 2015, and in the 2014–15 season it was the world's highest-earning football club, with an annual revenue of €577 million. The club is one of the most widely supported teams in the world. Real Madrid is one of three founding members of the Primera División that have never been relegated from the top division, along with Athletic Bilbao and Barcelona. The club holds many long-standing rivalries, most notably El Clásico with Barcelona and the El Derbi madrileño with Atlético Madrid.

All discussion relating to Real Madrid CF that does not warrant it's own thread (i.e. - players signing new contracts, newspaper clippings etc...) should take place here. 

646865848_20170301235439-kUKH-U425560877

Madrid based press turn on Cristiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo was missing for yesterday's trip to Eibar where Real Madrid won 1-4 and last night on Spanish tv and radio stations when analysing the fact that Madrid actually played well for the first time this year (since turning 2017) they came out with a stat...  Real Madrid have won all 9 games that Cristiano hasn't played in this season and in all 9 games they've been convincing in their victories.

Real Madrid have won many games this season and went on that 40 game unbeaten run which started at the end of last season.  But in that 40 match stretch there were many many games where they won by the bare minimum or needed a last minute miracle (usually Ramos providing it) to sort things out.  But in the 9 games Cristiano Ronaldo hasn't played in this season, Real Madrid have actually played a more stable game without maybe being spectacular, but always looking assured.

img_fmunoz_20170305-114036_imagenes_md_o

img_fmunoz_20170305-114036_imagenes_md_o

Madrid's two main sports daily newspapers ran their front page which for pundits today was a message to Cristiano himself.  AS had the headline saying "This is more like Madrid" while MARCA ran their headline stating "When they play like A TEAM..." (emphasis in capitals on team).

They speculate that knowing how temperamental Cristiano Ronaldo is that he will probably go into one of his famous training ground moods and Florentino Pérez has already made it known that he is disappointed at the way the Madrid based press is manipulating things from "afar".

Sin rastro de Cristiano

Edited by SirBalon

Yeah, I didn't see the Eibar game but that doesn't surprise me.

Whilst I bang on about how one dimensional Real Madrid are, the BBC almost dictate the way they play in some respects and you can perhaps therefore understand all the crossing etc. It's quite comical watching Benzema and Ronaldo take up similar positions, they almost step on each others' toes and that even includes Bale at times as well. When you have that happening in the final third though it has to come at a cost elsewhere in the team. I'm still expecting a good side to batter them at some point this season but credit to them I guess they are still going strong.

Just now, Cicero said:

Isco only has a release clause of 35mill :o

But an anti-Barça clause they made him sign. He is contemplating seeing out his contract and going to Barcelona for free. 

Florentino Pérez is apparently livid because he could lose a player that should cost double for that amount if he's forced to sell and not have him go to Barcelona. 

16 hours ago, noelcwt said:

Perez is an idiot. Would rather see James go than Isco but we know how Perez works. 

Good to see you've moved here with us mate. ;)

Yep...  Florentino Pérez is one of the biggest reasons behind many of the awful footballing decisions at Real Madrid.  If things were to go wrong this season, there are strong rumours that he may stand down due to all the pressure he is receiving from many Real Madrid socios and a lot of the Madrid based sports press.  Only last week MARCA released a report that stated he had already told people close to him that he would favour leaving the post although the benefits of being the head of such an institution are too good to let go.

Edited by SirBalon

“Every game in the Premier League you have to be at 100 per cent for 90 minutes or you will lose,” he told the Daily Mail.

“In Spain, you can be up at half-time against the bottom club and take your foot off the gas. You can rest players and take people off. If you try for 45 minutes you won't win a match in the Premier League.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/gareth-bale-real-madrid-premier-league-a7615366.html?amp

Similar to what Joey Barton said about France. However Bale might be making the error of not realising his Real Madrid team mates are a lot better than Spurs so of course he doesn't have to try as hard.

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:
“Every game in the Premier League you have to be at 100 per cent for 90 minutes or you will lose,” he told the Daily Mail.

“In Spain, you can be up at half-time against the bottom club and take your foot off the gas. You can rest players and take people off. If you try for 45 minutes you won't win a match in the Premier League.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/gareth-bale-real-madrid-premier-league-a7615366.html?amp

Similar to what Joey Barton said about France. However Bale might be making the error of not realising his Real Madrid team mates are a lot better than Spurs so of course he doesn't have to try as hard.

Bold claim that - how can you back it up?

2nd in the best league in the world > 2nd in La Liga :ph34r:

35 minutes ago, Storts said:

Bold claim that - how can you back it up?

2nd in the best league in the world > 2nd in La Liga :ph34r:

Thats now but was not when Bale played for you under Arry and AVB.

Spurs are obviously better than Real Madrid now though :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Thats now but was not when Bale played for you under Arry and AVB.

Spurs are obviously better than Real Madrid now though :ph34r:

Fair points - glad we're in agreement.

Playing for Real Madrid who are full of some of the world's best is what makes the main difference. If he played for Sevilla then he's not going to find it as easy in this regard.

To be fair, I don't think Bale's had it "easy" anyway. I've seen him struggle in loads of games.

He plays for Real Madrid now...  But seeing the shape of his head and remembering my the initiations of my degree on neanderthal social culture, I wouldn't have expected much more from Bale. The character in Planet of the Apes must be ashamed of their compadre.

On 3/12/2017 at 1:41 PM, Cannabis said:

Suspicious package sent to Florentino Perez:

3E26979D00000578-0-image-a-2_14891857905

Madrid police were called in to investigate a suspicious package sent to Real Madrid's president at the Santiago Bernabeu on Friday. Authorities said a package addressed to president Florentino Perez raised suspicion after club employees noticed white powder coming out of it, officials in hazmat suits spent hours at the stadium but initially dismissed any real threat.

Further tests of the white powder will be conducted with Spanish media saying that the package was sent from Italy.

With Perez' tenure at Madrid getting rather brittle with the club's supporters news like this is especially worrying, Florentino will be hoping that his side can improve both domestically and in Europe to keep the peace with the Madridista faithful.

It was only a scare in the end and Florentino Pérez calmed everyone's nerves when he informed the world's press (even FOX News and the BBC were there to see the package opened) that the package was simply a brand spanking new state of the art fax machine. :ph34r:

Just now, Cannabis said:

With Manchester's area code on speed-dial?

I think so mate, because (and I tell no lie) Thibaut Courtois has told reporters that he hasn't listened and won't listen to any invitation to sign for Real Madrid because he doesn't trust the fax machine they've bought.  So it seems the phone lines will once again be activated between Man Utd and Real Madrid.  Apparently De Gea himself has offered his iPhone for tethering incase the line breaks down. O.o

Every morning at eight, my teammates and I would storm the bathroom armed with hair straighteners and tubs of wax and gel. The smaller boys would fight the taller ones for a spot near the bathroom mirrors; We respected the hierarchy within our ranks, but we respected our own beauty regimen more.

I'll never forget how walking into the locker room at La Fábrica (officially known as the Real Madrid Youth Academy) was to be overwhelmed by the smells of burnt keratin and early morning shits – plus the sound of reggaeton blasting from someone's portable radio at maximum volume. We were children trying to imitate our metrosexual idols – as if that would bring us closer to them and their success. Some of us were making more money than our parents, and all of us were working towards something short of unattainable. To be signed by Real's youth academy was obviously an honour, but it became one of the most difficult experiences of my life.

https://www.vice.com/en_se/article/real-madrid-football-youth-academy-876