talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid CF Discussion

football forum

It's Real Madrid. I can't think of a more detrimental club to young players than one with such rigour and pushes for perfection. It's difficult to progress in that club unless you're always on the ball. Sadly it's probably put many off of the game. Children are children, exploitable and vulnerable. Must have psychological damage pushing them so hard.

Edited by Cure

Academies at that level of club are always difficult places to reside in.  If anyone wants to understand in full detail all of these happenings and more then they should read Andrés Iniesta's autobiography "The Artist".

It tells of how he cried every day for two years, tried to run away two times and was found in a cinema in central Barcelona...  The stories are endless! The pressure is massive and the responsibility felt at such a young age coming from humble families is extraordinary.

We're talking institutions here, and the hope of one day being able to come out in the strip playing for the home team.

Edited by SirBalon

7 minutes ago, Fusion said:

No wonder Iniesta plays for free, he is scared of asking the club to give him some money.

Agreed mate!  He'd be a greedy git if he asked for money playing for Barça...  He actually pays them for the privilege. B|

There's too many greedy characters in football these days. :448_horse_racing:

5 hours ago, Spike said:

YOU'RE IN ONE

That @ thing threw me off and I didn't even know what thread I was on. O.o

Like I said in a post above...  These academies are very harsh environments for young kids even though their every need is catered for.  It changes them completely and they lose their youth.  The worst part is that a very very low percentage get to actually become a main feature in the ultimate side in the future.

If I remember rightly, I read an article on an interview with Atlético Madrid's Saúl who was originally a Real Madrid academy kid and he had terrible stories to tell about that experience.

Edited by SirBalon

7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

As with anything though, he didn't make it, so he's highly likely to have some bias against it. He'd have sung their praises had he been playing for the first team by now.

I don't think making it can justify a terrible diet of junk food and neglecting studies.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I don't think making it can justify a terrible diet of junk food and neglecting studies.

These kids eat, drink and only think football.  They're children at the end of the day mate!

When I was a kid I dreamt about being things with the only difference being that whatever I wanted to be I wasn't living in an environment so focussed on what I wanted.  Adults have the benefit of understanding and evolved reasoning where as children live in an unorthodox fantasy world.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

These kids eat, drink and only think football.  They're children at the end of the day mate!

When I was a kid I dreamt about being things with the only difference being that whatever I wanted to be I wasn't living in an environment so focussed on what I wanted.  Adults have the benefit of understanding and evolved reasoning where as children live in an unorthodox fantasy world.

That is true but it's the article is written from an adult's perspective. There may be some biases but it's hard to put a spin on terrible diet and neglected studies.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

And what is the significance of that?

Some finocchio that worked for Real Madrid for a long time that eventually became a member of the State Legal Service, which is the administration that audited Messi and Neymar.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Some finocchio that worked for Real Madrid for a long time that eventually became a member of the State Legal Service, which is the administration that audited Messi and Neymar.

And decided not to audit Cristiano Ronaldo for the same misdemeanour.  A lot is being made of this in Spain and this isn't even a pinch of salt on the whole deal that has let so many snakes out of the sack.  All these things have always been known but have been kept hush.

• 2 weeks later...

img_jmgfuente_20170408-082701_imagenes_m

The secret plan: Griezmann to Real Madrid

Presitigious French sports newspaper L'Équipe today released a front page where they make an affirmation revolving around the future of Antoine Griezmann.  They speculate on certain sources they have that say the French attacking midfielder is the main priority of Florentino Pérez' Real Madrid and which would see Cristiano Ronaldo depart to pastures new.

Only the other day the Atlético Madrid President Enríque Cerezo was quizzed for the umpteenth time on Griezmann's future and he could only say; "Whenever there's an important game between us and Real Madrid the same thing happens, the speculations start and I'm really tired of repeating myself because it seems you guys aren't happy with what I always tell you and you want me to invent something that gives you a headline".

Only this week (Thursday) one of Griezmann's agents Eric Olhats on RMC Radio said; "Chelsea, Manchester City, Barcelona and Real Madrid have all been in contact with the player and his representatives to ascertain the player's situation in reference to his future.  Everyone wants to know if it's possible or not.  It's the game of musical chairs.  His clause is of €100m and Atlético won't negotiate with anyone for two reasons...  One, he's happy at Atlético and two, Atlético know he's worth even more which means paying the buy-out clause and that also includes a 42% tax payment to the Spanish fiscal system which takes the deal in total to almost €200m".

We must also remember that there is a pact of no aggression between Florentino Pérez and Enríque Cerezo where possible acquisition of players from each respective club is concerned.  This goes back to when Real Madrid wanted Sergio 'Kun' Agüero from Atlético Madrid back in the day and an agreement was struck between the two entities.

img_jmgfuente_20170408-082701_imagenes_m

Edited by SirBalon

• 2 weeks later...

1492449697744.jpg

Ancelotti reveals one of the episodes that changed his relationship with Florentino

Every now and then the ex-Real Madrid boss and now Bayern head coach Carlo Ancelotti releases bits about his time as head coach at Real.  None of the details he releases ever leaves the Real Madrid "Generalísimo" in good stead.

In Carlo Ancelotti's latest book "Quiet Leadership" he tells about the first situations that drove the divorce between himself and the Real Madrid President Florentino Pérez.  Ancelotti says there were two particular moments that took the relationship on a downhill spiral with no return which only got worse.

"The first moment were some stats UEFA had released saying that his team didn't have as many training hours as others around Europe. This stat was released by UEFA on the day we had just won our 22nd game on the spin, so there must've been something we were doing well.  But in the very next game we lost...  Florentino approached me telling my coaches and myself that we had to work more (referring to the UEFA stat).  I thought the total contrary because we were starting to get too many injuries and the players hadn't had a single bit of rest in over a month.  As far as I was concerned this was the start where I began to think that the club didn't really have all that much faith in my work."

The Ancelotti explains a second issue which involved Gareth Bale as the protagonist and which ended up turning the relationship between himself and Florentino Pérez for good.

"Gareth Bale's agent had approached some people at the club complaining that the player wanted to be played through the middle and that he was tired of playing out wide.  The club president approached me about this (which left me stunned) asking me what I was going to do about it?  I answered with one simple word...  Nothing!  I wasn't about to change the whole system halfway through the season to accommodate a footballer's wishes and in any case this was a step too far where I was feeling manipulated in my work.  My relationship with Florentino was never the same."

Ancelotti abre la caja de los truenos de su paso por el Madrid

Edited by SirBalon

James Rodríguez should've gone last summer.  He wanted to go, Zidane wanted him to go and James' agent had done all the work for him to go.  But it was Florentino Pérez who stopped the whole thing as he hadn't found a marketable replacement in that transfer window.  James Rodríguez brings in a hell of a lot of money from Latin America where he is a massive celebrity...  Paul Pogba was nowhere near that level and that's why they (Real) opted out of the push for the Frenchman and kept James.

It's inevitable the Colombian will leave Real Madrid because the situation seems to be a nightmare for both the player and the coach who doesn't want him.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

James Rodríguez should've gone last summer.  He wanted to go, Zidane wanted him to go and James' agent had done all the work for him to go.  But it was Florentino Pérez who stopped the whole thing as he hadn't found a marketable replacement in that transfer window.  James Rodríguez brings in a hell of a lot of money from Latin America where he is a massive celebrity...  Paul Pogba was nowhere near that level and that's why they (Real) opted out of the push for the Frenchman and kept James.

It's inevitable the Colombian will leave Real Madrid because the situation seems to be a nightmare for both the player and the coach who doesn't want him.

I literally see 'James 10' jerseys hanging from the walls of Colombian  cafes.