talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid CF Discussion

football forum

dorsalesmadridpc.jpg

Real Madrid release next season's squad numbers

The major surprise is where the number 10 has gone to.  It was owned by the Colombian James Rodríguez and has now gone to the Croatian Luka Modrić.  There's two major reasons for this surprise and they are that Modrić isn't a traditional number 10 and you would say that Isco is, and the other reason is that the fact the number has been given means that there won't be any signings in that area this summer...  In other words, no "Galactico" which is strange coming from Florentino Pérez' regime.

It obviously doesn't mean no star players will be coming but it's strange that the 10 has been handed out with 6 weeks to go in the transfer window.

Another curiosity is the fact Danilo has the 23 and has been officially announced as such when it seems he's on his way to Manchester City.

Edited by SirBalon

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

£100,000,000 for Gareth Bale? Rumour has it that Zidane has a verbal agreement in place with Mbappe and the player to be shipped out should it happen would be Gareth. With a potential suitor in Jose Mourinho at Manchester United does this story have legs to stand on?

Mbappe is going to PSG by the looks of things.

2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

DG7A7xfXUAAGoKn.thumb.jpg.de518263b947b91e0db8e23b0bac37c8.jpg

Spanish newspaper AS leads with news that Thomas Meunier has been offered to Real Madrid for €15-25m after losing his place at PSG to Dani Alves.

The 25-year-old Belgium international only joined PSG last summer but could be on the move with Madrid looking to replace Danilo.

also isco has signed a new four-year contract extension with an option of a fifth. His release clause is now €700m

If Neymar has gone for €222m then Isco is definitely worth the €700m. Would rather have Isco any day of the week!

How much do you guys rate Toni Kroos? I know many Madrid fans claim he is the best in the generation but is he really? I feel he is overrated a lot because of his pass % accuracy. Most of passes look very simple as he passes  to the player next to him and I havent really seen any good through balls or defences unlocking passes. His ball distribution also isnt that great because like I said he passes backwards or to the guy next to him and he is not a great dribbler either who can escape tight spaces by himself without passing it to the guy next to him.  On the other hand Luka Modric is a beast but I strongly feel Kroos is highly overrated. 

2 minutes ago, Asura said:

How much do you guys rate Toni Kroos? I know many Madrid fans claim he is the best in the generation but is he really? I feel he is overrated a lot because of his pass % accuracy. Most of passes look very simple as he passes  to the player next to him and I havent really seen any good through balls or defences unlocking passes. His ball distribution also isnt that great because like I said he passes backwards or to the guy next to him and he is not a great dribbler either who can escape tight spaces by himself without passing it to the guy next to him.  On the other hand Luka Modric is a beast but I strongly feel Kroos is highly overrated. 

I always thought he was a very neat player, reliable, and a complete midfielder. Modric makes him looks like half the player in comparison, the later I rate as high as Iniesta. A total freak.

• Upvote 1

Kroos is indeed a fantastic player and one that doesn't make the headlines too much.  More to be said about him than anyone else probably because since he went to Real Madrid he no longer played in those advanced midfield positions that would give him more limelight in terms of scoring goals.  Now he's firmly in that Xabi Alonso position and he does is marvellously well.

23 hours ago, Asura said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Statistics

-> Passing -> order by PS%

Kroos long ball: 8.1

4 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Lol maybe 2-3 years ago 

busquets best days are long behind him. He has looked slow and inaffective for while now 

Thats Rubbish. Where Real Madrid play a double pivot with both Kroos and Modrić looking out for one another, Busquets is on his own in his position at Barça. Not only are we talking about the fact he's the best in the business... There is nothing even close to him. He is on his own in this respect!

We hvae to understand tactics and the situation at both clubs before being able to formulate an opinion. If you do make that opinion, then use the facts to dispute it.

But maybe the Barcelona media or sonething disgusting about the club should determine what we think about how good an individual is.

Busquets should be both Kroos and Modrić's idol ahd should look toward being as legendary as him. 

Busquets has just turned 29 this July.  He's in the prime of his physical abilities and considering players in his position play into their mid to late 30s, that comment is based on a fundamental following of EA's FIFA game or social media...  Or maybe the fact he started very young and seems to have been around forever.  But it's one of the most ridiculous comments I've read lately and believe me, he on TFF365 there's been some real top ones lately.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Thats Rubbish. Where Real Madrid play a double pivot with both Kroos and Modrić looking out for one another, Busquets is on his own in his position at Barça. Not only are we talking about the fact he's the best in the business... There is nothing even close to him. He is on his own in this respect!

We hvae to understand tactics and the situation at both clubs before being able to formulate an opinion. If you do make that opinion, then use the facts to dispute it.

But maybe the Barcelona media or sonething disgusting about the club should determine what we think about how good an individual is.

Busquets should be both Kroos and Modrić's idol ahd should look toward being as legendary as him. 

That isn't fair. You can't discount the other midfielders that help Busquets.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

That isn't fair. You can't discount the other midfielders that help Busquets.

Busquets is on his own in his position and Barça traditionally play one pivot whereas the argument here is Kroos and Modrić which are part of a double pivot and a midfielder in front of them.  Obviously everyone in football helps everyone else out unless you're Cristiano Ronaldo or especially Gareth Bale (hence why Real play a double), but nobody in planet football right now or for a long while comes close to Busquets which is why he's one of the highest paid footballers in the world.

29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Busquets is on his own in his position and Barça traditionally play one pivot whereas the argument here is Kroos and Modrić which are part of a double pivot and a midfielder in front of them.  Obviously everyone in football helps everyone else out unless you're Cristiano Ronaldo or especially Gareth Bale (hence why Real play a double), but nobody in planet football right now or for a long while comes close to Busquets which is why he's one of the highest paid footballers in the world.

Pivot? What on earth are you talking about? Stop using these nonsensical flavour of the month football terms. Next you'll tell me Maradona was actually a subverted upside-down false-nine that played in closer style to Cruyff but occasionaly channels the sideways channel investigation of Di Stefano.

Modric and Kroos have Moonface in a defensive position usually. If anything, if what you are saying is true,  then Modric and Kroos have to work harder in a two man midfield compared to Busquet's three man midfield. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Pivot? What on earth are you talking about? Stop using these nonsensical flavour of the month football terms. Next you'll tell me Maradona was actually a subverted upside-down false-nine that played in closer style to Cruyff but occasionaly channels the sideways channel investigation of Di Stefano.

Modric and Kroos have Moonface in a defensive position usually. If anything, if what you are saying is true,  then Modric and Kroos have to work harder in a two man midfield compared to Busquet's three man midfield. 

I'm not using any flavour of the month terminology.  It's a Spanish terminology that's also used in Portugal and Italy...  It's been used for decades!  I'll use it mate, because it's a part of football.  Just because some don't know what the hell is going on and a midfielder is just a number of individuals that play in a particular area of the football pitch, that doesn't mean someone can just make an affirmation based on my cat's arse.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I'm not using any flavour of the month terminology.  It's a Spanish terminology that's also used in Portugal and Italy...  It's been used for decades!  I'll use it mate, because it's a part of football.  Just because some don't know what the hell is going on and a midfielder is just a number of individuals that play in a particular area of the football pitch, that doesn't mean someone can just make an affirmation based on my cat's arse.

I really don't care how long it has been used or who uses it. The term is as useless as throwing arbitrary numbers out (which you criticise and do at the same time). One pivot! Two pivot! Well what does that mean? It means nothing, nothing at all because you aren't considering the players and those in support. You cannot say that Sergio Busquets 'does the work of two players' because you can't even define the 'work of one player'. It makes no sense. Busquets plays with Iniesta and Rakitic, right? Well if what you say is true is that really a lazier pairing of players to support than Modric, Kroos, and let's say Isco? It seems to me you are the bloke that isonly looking at the number's picture and saying 'Barcelona has one pivot that means more work than Real's two pivot!'. Just because you can look at list or a match formation and see that Busquets is a the only DM doesn't mean he is 'alone'. If anything from watching Madrid play more is expected of Kroos and Modric than Busquets. Nothing to say about their talent but Kroos and Modric have to do what Busquets does on top of what Rakitic and Iniesta do and make up for Ronaldo and Bale on the wings. Don't get me wrong, Busquets is the best in the world at what he does but he isn't even remotely comparable to Kroos and Modric, we may as well be comparing Sergio Ramos and Jordi Alba, yeah they are both 'defence' but its oranges and tangerines. I just don't understand the idea that Busquets is alone. Are Iniesta and Rakitic sincerely doing nothing? Maybe I've been wrong about Iniesta being one of the all time greats if that is the case.

Many stupid things are a part of football, just because it exists doesn't automatically define it's utility. 

26 minutes ago, Spike said:

I really don't care how long it has been used or who uses it. The term is as useless as throwing arbitrary numbers out (which you criticise and do at the same time). One pivot! Two pivot! Well what does that mean? It means nothing, nothing at all because you aren't considering the players and those in support. You cannot say that Sergio Busquets 'does the work of two players' because you can't even define the 'work of one player'. It makes no sense. Busquets plays with Iniesta and Rakitic, right? Well if what you say is true is that really a lazier pairing of players to support than Modric, Kroos, and let's say Isco? It seems to me you are the bloke that isonly looking at the number's picture and saying 'Barcelona has one pivot that means more work than Real's two pivot!'. Just because you can look at list or a match formation and see that Busquets is a the only DM doesn't mean he is 'alone'. If anything from watching Madrid play more is expected of Kroos and Modric than Busquets. Nothing to say about their talent but Kroos and Modric have to do what Busquets does on top of what Rakitic and Iniesta do and make up for Ronaldo and Bale on the wings. Don't get me wrong, Busquets is the best in the world at what he does but he isn't even remotely comparable to Kroos and Modric, we may as well be comparing Sergio Ramos and Jordi Alba, yeah they are both 'defence' but its oranges and tangerines. I just don't understand the idea that Busquets is alone. Are Iniesta and Rakitic sincerely doing nothing? Maybe I've been wrong about Iniesta being one of the all time greats if that is the case.

Many stupid things are a part of football, just because it exists doesn't automatically define it's utility. 

Don't get me wrong mate because I like you...  But you have no idea what you're on about.  You're talking crap!

This is tactical, and the terminology is used because...  Hmmm...  Because it's used and it's used in debating a tactical format that may have been used during a game.

I can go back to when Barcelona beat Real Madrid 5-0 at the Camp Nou (Mourinho's first "Clásico") and the Spanish media called him a chicken for having played a "double pivot" against Barça.  It was the first time it had been used in a Clásico and the reason a big deal was made about it is because traditionally when those two meet nobody's meant to pull out.  Anyhow...  What I'm getting involved for, I have no idea.

This was about someone coming out with something retarded on Busquets being past it.  He should be banned from the forum.