talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid CF Discussion

football forum

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Dani Carvajal suffered a grade two hamstring injury in yesterday's Champions League game against Atlético Madrid and has been ruled out for 3 to four weeks. Massive blow for Real Madrid. 

That's the entire season in doubt then? Yup, big blow as Real Madrid's main style of play is crossing it from the wings. 

14 hours ago, Cicero said:

That's the entire season in doubt then? Yup, big blow as Real Madrid's main style of play is crossing it from the wings. 

Enter Danilo who hilariously was bought for a massive price from FC Porto by Florentino Pérez to replace Dani Carvajal because he's Brazilian and the Real Madrid president thought he would be more marketable.  All of this after Carvajal had played one tremendous season on his return from Bayer Leverkusen.

On 07/03/2017 at 7:47 PM, The Artful Dodger said:

I'd say English football is at its lowest for a long time, as again evidenced by an abysmal performance in Europe again. Hopefully England will lose a place in the Champions League as it's a waste of time clubs like Arsenal and Tottenham being in it.

I don't think its as bad as you make out. Way behind la liga at the moment but still a top 4 European league. 

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Dani carvajal: Pique, cabrón, saluda al campeón” he said, which roughly translates to “Pique, a**hole, say hello to the champion.”xD

Sergio Ramos was the instigator of that and three years ago he said this: "They don't know how to win because when I win I don't remember others and only remember my own"

B|

Edited by SirBalon

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Kroos and Modric complement each other well. Hilarious to think only 8 years ago Real Madrid had Gago and Lass as the midfield pair xD

Hold on!  They've also had "Moon Face" in that midfield most of the season.  It's not all glamour and magnificence.

Just now, Spike said:

Didn't know Joleon Lescott played for RM.

hahaha...  He's the dog's arse face.  Infact Laika's arse that lives on Moon Face's head. :ph34r:

(Apologies to that poor dog that was a victim of our own self worth).

Just now, SirBalon said:

hahaha...  He's the dog's arse face.  Infact Laika's arse that lives on Moon Face's head. :ph34r:

(Apologies to that poor dog that was a victim of our own self worth).

Talk about giving a new meaning to 'los galicticos'

• Upvote 1

20130613-074358.jpg

Moonface becomes a legend

When you do an article, do it properly to add impact.  Moonface aka "Casemiro" could be on the verge of becoming a football legend without too many people noticing that it had actually happened.  The discovery was made by a journalist that works for MARCA when he happened to trip up over some of Moonface's statistics that were absolutely amazing!  Moonface (better known as his nickname, Casemiro) has managed to clock up an impresive 6 trophies!  He is the first player in history to have managed this feat on his own at a football team and his colleagues are now playing catch up.

Everyone in the football world is pretty sure Moonface will now be offered a new contract because of his amazing statistics since he arrived at Real Madrid.  Without a doubt a new buy-out clause could be attached to him very soon before someone else tempts him away.  Finsbury Park Harriers boss was seen sniffing around in Moonface's laundry the other day and this has prompted Florentino Pérez to invest in a new one which he's not very happy about after having to fork out for a new fax machine.

Casemiro has his flaws but there's no doubt he's essential for that team given the gaps and holes that can appear when Real Madrid lose the ball. He is however becoming increasingly more reckless in the tackle as time goes by and that puts me off him as a player. 

I think they could make good use of Marcos Llorente next season, he's much better technically than Casemiro and has the potential to become a big part of this Real Madrid team in the future. Modric, Kroos, Llorente, Isco all in the same team, that's class. I'd like to think they'd slowly integrate Llorente in next season as certain games suit Casemiro and others don't.

• Upvote 1

An interview by Marca with that other living Juventus legend, Alessandro Del Piero, on the upcoming final between Juventus and Madrid, and their past confrontations.

Del Piero: "Buffon is crazy about winning the Champions League"

592c1ecb915b3_DelPiero.thumb.jpg.e80b0970c4ffa333fff29b8ed95216ce.jpg

Alongside Zinedine Zidane in the 1998 Champions League final in Amsterdam, Alessandro del Piero was one of Juventus' best players against Real Madrid, a team they face again on Saturday with Gianluigi Buffon crazy about winning the only trophy that's missing in his career.

Del Piero hung up his boots in 2014 in India, after playing for 19 seasons at Juve, winning 14 titles.

He talked to MARCA about the 1998 final, his relationship with Zidane and what he expects from the Cardiff showpiece.

Why did Juve lose the 1998 final, because they were a big favourite ?

"Bad memories ... are you sure Juve played a final in 98? Joking aside, it is very difficult to say now what happened. Reality and history says that the match ended with that result, and in general, making judgments about the final would not be fair. Predictions often escape even the most rational motives. The state of form in which you arrive to these type of matches is crucial and, perhaps, Real Madrid was better than us from that point of view."

Did being favourites hurt Juve in Amsterdam then?

"I don't think that was the problem. Juventus had a great team, really, a complete and competitive squad. From the 94/95 UEFA Cup final, to the 1998 UEFA Champions League final, we won three consecutive international finals (Champions League, Intercontinental and Supercopa), and lost three more, some in a crazy manner. Perhaps, in that cycle in all those years, the team of 98, that of the final of Amsterdam, was the strongest. We won Serie A, but we could not win the Champions League."

Can the same happen to Real Madrid this time?

"I don't think there's a clear favourite in Cardiff. They are two teams that have the same possibilities, more or less, to win the tournament. They are champions in their leagues and I think they are the best teams at this moment."

Were Juve in 1998 better than the current team?

"In my opinion, comparisons between different periods cannot be made. It is something that is not fair. Certainly, as I said, Juventus 1998 was a great team, with individuals of extraordinary quality and many players at the most important and momentous moment of his career. This Juventus is doing something historic, something never seen in Italy. This group only need to win the most desired title, the Champions League."

How was Zidane as a teammate?

"A special person. There was a harmony, a different understanding between us in the human aspect. Therefore, on the pitch, on a day to day basis, it was much easier. Zidane had an extraordinary talent, and his only interest was to help the team. He was not a selfish player. He had a unique ability to be a great and also to be a team player. I was very lucky to be able to play with him."

Did you imagine Zizou as a coach, and a successful one?

"At first, when we shared the dressing room, I couldn't imagine that he was going to go that way, but when I saw him on the bench, I honestly thought he would be alright. He is intelligent, ambitious, and above all he sees football with great lucidity. It's the reason why he has the capacity to make the correct decisions, both on and off the pitch. The results speak for him. He has won everything so far."

Which player can decide the final? Dybala? Ronaldo? Benzema? Higuain? Marcelo? Alves?

"It's the small details that decides a game like this. All the names you speak of can be decisive, but there also others. I would add Buffon, who is crazy to take home the only trophy he is missing."

Did Juve regret having lost the final against Real Madrid?

"It's true that the percentage of finals won by Madrid is impressive, but there is no way to make comparisons between different matches. Real won the last, but the story is constantly renewed, and basically this is the great charm in the matches between two clubs like these."

Which team do you like the most, Juve or Real Madrid?

"I have an infinite respect for Real Madrid, the club, team and coach and their fantastic fans. But, of course, in Cardiff I will encourage Juventus. I hope you understand. [laughs]."

Source: https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/05/29/592bcdcd268e3ed5338b45cf.html

I think he's right in saying that there is no clear favourite for the final. People in general seem to go with Real Madrid based on their track record in the CL over the past years, but honestly Juventus might be the most solid team in Europe at the moment.