talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alcohol Thread

football forum

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

That 20s thing is a lie! For me, anyway. Bad hangovers kicked in from about 23. :(

It's all about genetics mate but also about Newton's law... You lot down there have got it bad where hangovers are concerned due to the lack of gravitational pull. O.o

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's all about genetics mate but also about Newton's law... You lot down there have got it bad where hangovers are concerned due to the lack of gravitational pull. O.o

We don't even exist to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Both didn't happen. 

The Navada Desert should be more famous than it actually is to be honest.  All that flying time to arrive in Australia when in actual fact the plane is doing circles to fly into the southern state of the US.  :ph34r:

Now I understand why you guys are so similar to the Yanks when it comes to sport. :dam:

1 hour ago, nudge said:

reaching for a glass of water xD 

You saying that has just reminded me of a little story I was once told... 

A bunch of us were having a beer one evening and one of the blokes in the group told us about one time he was with another group of blokes on some course up in the outback areas of Scotland somewhere one time. They only had one pub in the area and it was a proper old fashioned one, anyway, they got in with a group of locals and made a proper evening of it one night on the last night consuming vast amounts of whiskey apparently and when it came to kicking out time they were invited back to someones abode to continue the merriment.. He said he already felt pretty wrecked but went along anyway as you do when alcohol takes over and they found themselves wandering about some fields and hills and stuff until they came to this old house..  

Anyway they got there and a load more whisky was consumed until each of them passed out at various points in the early hours and he said he couldn't remember when he conked out but when he woke it was proper pitch black in the place.. He said his throat was so parched and dry he was gagging so eventually managed to find his way to the kitchen.. he managed to find and turn the water tap on and was just about to hold his mouth under it when this hand touched him on the shoulder and said in a very deep Scottish accent... "We don't drink water here" 

He said that was enough for him and thought it best to get the hell out.... it's was obviously a lot more humorous when you can get that Scottish accent in at the end there but amusing all the same... Some people are born to consume large amounts of alcohol with little or no after affects and then there are the rest of us.. xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

not sure where else to put this but hoping for some help from London friends (or anyone else that can) @Storts @carefreeluke @Bluewolf @SirBalon @Danny 

You're the ones I can think of that live in London and may be able to assist.

Looking to go to a decent rooftop bar for late afternoon/early evening drinks - any suggestions or recommendations please?

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

not sure where else to put this but hoping for some help from London friends (or anyone else that can) @Storts @carefreeluke @Bluewolf @SirBalon @Danny 

Looking to go to a decent rooftop bar for late afternoon/early evening drinks - any suggestions or recommendations please?

Harvey Nichols in Kensington mate. Beautiful area and wonderful service. ;)

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Harvey Nichols in Kensington mate. Beautiful area and wonderful service. ;)

cheers.  actually went to a bar called Checkmate in Kensington a couple of weeks ago. Very nice place and fit waitresses.

do you know any decent rooftop terraces around Piccadilly Circus/Leicester Square area, or within walking distance of there?

32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Madison, great view of St Paul's cathedral and the city. Maybe best to call ahead to see if you can reserve a table/entry.

15 hours ago, Stan said:

cheers.  actually went to a bar called Checkmate in Kensington a couple of weeks ago. Very nice place and fit waitresses.

do you know any decent rooftop terraces around Piccadilly Circus/Leicester Square area, or within walking distance of there?

I've never been to a rooftop terrace in the Piccadilly Circus area mate and have never heard of one. To be honest, if there were one I wouldn't go to it because it would surely be jam packed with tourists.

@Danny's recommendation I can vouch for that it's brilliant as I've been to that one too myself a number of times.

But I've found this for you, don't know if you've seen it.

https://www.timeout.com/london/bars-pubs/londons-best-rooftop-bars

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I've never been to a rooftop terrace in the Piccadilly Circus area mate and have never heard of one. To be honest, if there were one I wouldn't go to it because it would surely be jam packed with tourists.

@Danny's recommendation I can vouch for that it's brilliant as I've been to that one too myself a number of times.

But I've found this for you, don't know if you've seen it.

https://www.timeout.com/london/bars-pubs/londons-best-rooftop-bars

yeah had a look at that on Google and another site which reviewed/compared some but wanted a first hand account from people I know :D 

Cheers though! I think we've decided to go to the one Danny mentioned anyway 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah had a look at that on Google and another site which reviewed/compared some but wanted a first hand account from people I know :D 

Cheers though! I think we've decided to go to the one Danny mentioned anyway 

ITs very nice there.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I would love to help mate but can't think of the last time I was at a rooftop bar.... I think the last time I was on a roof it was putting up an aerial to get better reception on my tv... 

I was really unsure whether to react with a "haha" or a sad face here :ph34r: xD 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I would love to help mate but can't think of the last time I was at a rooftop bar.... I think the last time I was on a roof it was putting up an aerial to get better reception on my tv... 

Come join us. We'll treat you. 

• Administrator

@Danny @SirBalon @Bluewolf

Ventured out in to London as planned yesterday and went to a rooftop bar called Bar Elba which is right outside Waterloo station. Not that I've been to many but I would recommend it should anyone visit London or is find themselves around that area.

We went during happy hour (between 4pm and 6pm on weekdays) and despite it being a Bank Holiday, we only had to queue up for a short time as they operate a one-in one-out policy. Decent selection of cocktails and lots of seating areas to chill out and enjoy the views and blazing sun. 

Didn't end up going Madison though but it's still on the list!

1 hour ago, Stan said:

@Danny @SirBalon @Bluewolf

Ventured out in to London as planned yesterday and went to a rooftop bar called Bar Elba which is right outside Waterloo station. Not that I've been to many but I would recommend it should anyone visit London or is find themselves around that area.

We went during happy hour (between 4pm and 6pm on weekdays) and despite it being a Bank Holiday, we only had to queue up for a short time as they operate a one-in one-out policy. Decent selection of cocktails and lots of seating areas to chill out and enjoy the views and blazing sun. 

Didn't end up going Madison though but it's still on the list!

Nice one... I can't remember what it was called but when we used to bunk the trains to Waterloo in our youth we used to go over the bridge and down the other side of the river there used to be a river boat pub down there somewhere... that was always a good crack to start the night

13 hours ago, Spike said:

Anyone that comes to Chicago should try Pipeworks Brewing. 

Pubcast 193 (5) - The Brit and Yankee Craft Beer Pubcast

Looking to be in that area sometime next year. One of my best mates just moved back to Indiana (but near Chicago). 

16 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Nice one... I can't remember what it was called but when we used to bunk the trains to Waterloo in our youth we used to go over the bridge and down the other side of the river there used to be a river boat pub down there somewhere... that was always a good crack to start the night

Battle of Waterloo? Belgium? 

18 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Looking to be in that area sometime next year. One of my best mates just moved back to Indiana (but near Chicago). 

I don't live in Indiana. :433_cricket:

Archived