• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alcohol Thread

football forum

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Spike said:

You'll have to come by for a spin around the windy city.

I'll have a concrete decision by October I reckon. I don't want to live in my town anymore, as a single almost 30 year old lad, there's no women or nothing to do here. I refuse to bang sheep. 

• 2 months later...

My fiancé just bought a 12 pack of this delicious beer, so when I get home in about 2 hours I'm going to get drunk and it'll be fantastic:

alesmith-sandiego-paleale-394-6pk.jpg

I'm not sure wtf the .394 is in reference too, but Tony Gwynn is one of the few San Diego bona fide sports legends... even if it's just baseball, the worst American sport. Apparently he had a hand in designing the beer, which is cool because Alesmith is one of San Diego's better breweries and it's is a big craft beer city. Honestly, the beer and the Mexican food are the best things about living here.

• Subscriber

I love ale on tap but not a fan of most ales out of the bottle.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

I like Pale Ale but it's a bit underwhelming, not a session drink. Get me some Guinness.

I'm the complete opposite. Guinness too much of a meal for me to sink several pints but I can neck ale all night.

Not a fan of drier, more hoppy beers so I steer clear of ales for the most part. Also bugs me that every bar that tries expanding their range of beers past the usual suspects thinks that means they should stock 20 fucking IPAs. I normally end up scanning the list and ordering a Guinness anyway. 

Tried this recently and it's probably the best summer drink I've ever found:

Sch%C3%B6fferhofer-Grapefruit-2.jpg

A grapefruit-wheat beer Radler. Pretty fruity and only 2.5% volume but it's so refreshing I don't even care if people think it's lightweight. 

31 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I love ale on tap but not a fan of most ales out of the bottle.

I'm the complete opposite. Guinness too much of a meal for me to sink several pints but I can neck ale all night.

What Ale though? I could go all night on Doombar for example, but a pale ale is just a weird mix between lager and Ale.

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Danny said:

What Ale though? I could go all night on Doombar for example, but a pale ale is just a weird mix between lager and Ale.

The isle of man has two breweries that brew very popular Bushys and Okells so we don't get many other bitters over here as the locals are very happy with the existing options. I'm not good with the vocabulary of describing beer but they're both middle range, not too amber and not too dark and they taste good, Bushys especially. I can't even remember now what I used to get in England.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The isle of man has two breweries that brew very popular Bushys and Okells so we don't get many other bitters over here as the locals are very happy with the existing options. I'm not good with the vocabulary of describing beer but they're both middle range, not too amber and not too dark and they taste good, Bushys especially. I can't even remember now what I used to get in England.

I don't know how popular craft beer is in the UK, it began in America and is massive in Australia. I was living in a small town so that's probably why I never came across it much at home.

Pale Ales are generally just a fruity/"hoppy" attempt at making beer more interesting and lighter, and they can be really nice (one of my favourites is Little Creatures from @Toinho neck of the woods).

I've not had a Bushys or Okells and I'm going to guess they're more along the "real ale" line of ales, like a London Pride.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 20:41, Danny said:

I like Pale Ale but it's a bit underwhelming, not a session drink. Get me some Guinness.

Pale Ales and IPAs are my favourites - and I'm lucky in that those are sort of the San Diego brewery specialties, got shitloads of tasty choices for me to get drunk on.

46 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pale Ales and IPAs are my favourites - and I'm lucky in that those are sort of the San Diego brewery specialties, got shitloads of tasty choices for me to get drunk on.

I imagine there's about a million to choose from out there?

Just now, Danny said:

I imagine there's about a million to choose from out there?

Yeah, San Diego is something of a craft beer mecca. These are all of the well established SD breweries: https://www.sandiego.org/articles/breweries/san-diego-breweries.aspx

It's a really long list and I've had beers from most (if not all) of them. And for the most part they're all very very good.

• 9 months later...
21 hours ago, nudge said:

Found something for you today @The Rebel CRS :D 

52273918_2089277741193914_52224740322754

That looks nice and with it being 5.2%, that is the perfect percentage for lager or beer I find.

Speaking of cannabis, I remember having that absinthe with the cannabis leaf on front of the bottle. It doesn't contain cannabis but it gets you absolutely fucked. No alcohol has ever gotten me as smashed as that and I ended up with cuts, bumps and bruises all over from falling over after that session xD. I suppose it didn't help that I had been out partying the night before and hadn't had any sleep.

Archived