• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Saturday 7th July - Sweden 0-2 England

football forum

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

The golden generation of 2006 will forever be forgotten and proven failures in the shadow of these lions on the pitch today and rightfully so. England are in the World Cup semi final :banana:

Just goes to show that proper team management triumphs individual talent. 

Cant think of an easier route to a world cup final in recent memory 

Only saw the last 2 minutes as I just got home, but I wanted to adress something. Those who say England have not been tested, could have a point but at the end of the day they have put on good performances for the most part. You can't say they don't deserve to be here. Sure if you give them a Brazil or a France in the quarters they could go out, but its all tactics. Losing to Belgium to have a better chance to get to the final was a smart move and its going to help them gain momentum. Nothing wrong with it.

Now Belgium on the other hand I have huge respect for. They chose the tought route and are overcoming it. 1 match away from the final. 

5 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

That's not it, mate. There have been several times he's had players alongside him in better positions but taken it on himself and wasted it. For the most part we are getting bodies around him, but I just don't think he sees them because he lacks composure.

26 goals with 13 assists last season  ..what does he lack again??

Just now, Happy Blue said:

England would be a lot better with a good manager  ..southgates footbal is shite!

Disagree. With a different manager you wouldn't have the likes of Maguire, Pickford or Trippier. He may not be inspiring tactically but its not always about that.

• Subscriber

Before this tournament Henderson was a redshite bastard and I hated numerous other England players including Alli and Ashley Young but right now I love every single one of them. This is what international football should always have been for us young English folk.

As for Pickford, I'll actually be more gutted if he leaves us soon than I was when Rooney left. That lad is absolute class.

Im genuinely interested from a psychological perspective whether I still hate Henderson, Alli etc. when we get back to the domestic season.

16 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

The golden generation of 2006 will forever be forgotten and proven failures in the shadow of these lions on the pitch today and rightfully so. England are in the World Cup semi final :banana:

Think you're being a bit harsh on the 06 group mate. Losing on penalties to Portugal is not a disgrace. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Think you're being a bit harsh on the 06 group mate. Losing on penalties to Portugal is not a disgrace. 

Well one thing we can all agree that both of these teams proven the media and public wrong.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Before this tournament Henderson was a redshite bastard and I hated numerous other England players including Alli and Ashley Young but right now I love every single one of them. This is what international football should always have been for us young English folk.

As for Pickford, I'll actually be more gutted if he leaves us soon than I was when Rooney left. That lad is absolute class.

Im genuinely interested from a psychological perspective whether I still hate Henderson, Alli etc. when we get back to the domestic season.

Glad you guys are enjoying it. As someone who knows how great international football is, hopefully you can get used to that situation. Happens with Spain all the time especially with the whole Catalonia issue.

Eng being good on setplays isn’t a coincidence. Southgate has learnt from basketball, he has looked at how offensive players not in possession can create space around the hoop in Basketball. Shows you research and training can make a huge difference

8 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

England haven't scored in open play at a knock out game since Euro 2004.

Who cares xD

Alli's goal was from open play

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm exactly the same, although I can confirm I still hate Sterling

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Saturday 7th July - Sweden 0-2 England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived