talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Saturday 7th July - Sweden 0-2 England

football forum

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Sterling will either score a screamer or a header now.

Again his build up play has been good, just his finishing.

Exactly. He’s stretching their defence and causing them all sorts of bother with his pace. His end product in an England shirt is poor but his general play has been very good. 

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

He doesn't have a good player to pass it too apart from Kane who cant keep up with him  ..when he breaks at City he has Sane, Aguero, De Bruyne, Jesus queuing up, in this game he's got crap players like Lingard, no wonder he's going it alone carrying the team on his back :|

So he’s the exact same player he was at Liverpool, no development at all, and being carried by world class players.

Someone shoot Southgate a text so he’s subbed off please.

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

His problem is that when he blew the one on one he then should have picked out someone to pass to instead of keeping it and trying to get the goal the second time, he turned into bodies rather then getting the ball into the space his movement created.. 

We have been slow at getting the ball in the box when we have the chance as well... we seem to hold the play up and just pass it back and forth rather than getting it into the box quickly.. 

Yeah if he’d passed to Kane rather than try to round the keeper, we’d be 2-0 up.

5 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Sterling hasn't developed at all at City has he? He fits well in that team, but take him out of it and he looks exactly the same player we had. No composure, tunnel vision, no end product.

My thoughts exactly. I thought he had to really build a lot when he left us but i don't think he has. Finishing poor and spur of the moment decision making still very poor. 

I watch him with the ball and feel like he's just screaming "I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do" whenever he has the ball and isn't running...

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Exactly. He’s stretching their defence and causing them all sorts of bother with his pace. His end product in an England shirt is poor but his general play has been very good. 

I'm not watching this game but I can comment on previous encounters. I agree, some of the comments towards him is embarrassing such as "he's championship standard". End product is a must but it's not everything, in general he hasn't had a terrible World Cup.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

So he’s the exact same player he was at Liverpool, no development at all, and being carried by world class players.

When he came off in the last game England fell apart and Columbia scored, his pace has the other team terrified  ..we wont win anything without him

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's harsh to say he's being carried as he clearly brings something to that team, but it's obvious he needs more around him to be effective than he has in this England side.

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It's harsh to say he's being carried as he clearly brings something to that team, but it's obvious he needs more around him to be effective than he has in this England side

he's frustratingly limited imo. Definitely not the complete package. 

Sterling is not shit.. He has bundles of pace and it puts the frightners on defenders and he can easily draw at least 2 defenders in with his movement to try and close him down, as a team we need to be following up on that taking all the space left to give him an outlet and put ourselves into better scoring positions..

Happy touched on it a bit because he is so quick he is finding himself up there alone and feeling like the responsibility is his to take on something he is not used to doing... When he is playing for City he has constant support as they are very quick at getting in the box alongside him.. 

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Sterling is not shit.. He has bundles of pace and it puts the frightners on defenders and he can easily draw at least 2 defenders in with his movement to try and close him down, as a team we need to be following up on that taking all the space left to give him an outlet and put ourselves into better scoring positions..

Happy touched on it a bit because he is so quick he is finding himself up there alone and feeling like the responsibility is his to take on something he is not used to doing... When he is playing for City he has constant support as they are very quick at getting in the box alongside him.. 

Bluewolf educating these young kids again, cracking post   ..2-0! B|

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think Sterling is shit, just annoyed he’s essentially the same player since he left us.

But I don’t really care because we are 2-0 up!!!

Lads, it’s coming home.

We are not beating Belgium,  sadly De Bruyne will walk through this midfield :|

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Saturday 7th July - Sweden 0-2 England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived