• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Open letter to England

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BartraPique1932 said:

:D What do they teach you down under?

That Hermann Goring made a huge egotistical mistake during Germanys dominance in the battle of Britain, costing Germany control of the British skies. Then Germany invaded Russia. Then Late war the Russians rekt Germany on the eastern front, and the Alies, primarily the US, defeated Germany in france, and eventually Italy. Beating them down, invading and taking Berlin.

In terms of the western push through France the British (while obviously playing a part) barely warrent a mention in comparison to mighty Murica.

This is what they teach us in yearl 11 modern history.

12 hours ago, Tommy said:

Nope, it's not that at all. You're not hated, it's just that you lot hate a lot. Like, most of Germany was so happy for you that you are doing well at the World Cup, and then Germany got kicked out and the English press was so enthusiastic about it. Like come on man, really? Is little brother still so jealous of big brother? We're still proud of you if you achieve something, even if you cheated a little bit in 66. But man, a quarter final? You can do it. Step by step. It's not hard. 

That's why you're also leaving the EU. You are the weird kid at school that is so proud of himself yet isolates himself from others so that the other kids think you're weird as fuck. 

That's not really what I meant by bitter, I don't consider you bitter for starting the thread, you are just fishing. I don't know anything about people in Germany or Holland's take so I don't know if there is any phenomena there that you are talking about, I am just talking about the bitterness of the limited people I come across.

This year the threads are fine, but in the last decade on TFF England threads were constantly ruined by real hard bitterness from some, some of the tournaments were unbearable. Some of the bitters are actually English people themselves, it's fashionable to be self loathing of country but keep a blind loyalty to group membership of a city or a club.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

You've been saying you've not been impressed by Croatia all tournament though and that they're not a very good 'team' tactically? 

You misread my post. I said I still don't particularly rate them, but I still think they are an obstacle for England because of their quality. Also because of 2008. Would this be your first competitive game against them since they infamously knocked you out of Euro contention?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

You misread my post. I said I still don't particularly rate them, but I still think they are an obstacle for England because of their quality. Also because of 2008. Would this be your first competitive game against them since they infamously knocked you out of Euro contention?

we played them in qualifying for 2010 World Cup after the Euros in 2008.

• Subscriber

This debate as tedious and embarrassing as it always has been though it is sort of funny to see German fans taking a pop at England because they've got no football team to support in the competition anymore. Talk about a role reversal.

• Administrator

Controversial opinion time:

For me,  a World Cup win really doesn’t benefit England. I firmly believe it’ll be hijacked by the nationalists, tabloids and degenreates trashing foreign stores. 

England are the nearly men, the good when they can be but mostly average when it matters. Spirit of the underdog and that. The nation that obsesses over new shiny ideas and things to remedy existing problems whilst looking where to attribute blame if that doesn’t work.

No, for me. Getting knocked out at the semi final stage for England is probably a good thing, it’s keeps feet on the ground. Keeps the twat element in order, balances out the hyperbole and extreme ostracizing of players who didn’t meet others lofty expectations (Raheem Sterling).

1 hour ago, Batard said:

Controversial opinion time:

For me,  a World Cup win really doesn’t benefit England. I firmly believe it’ll be hijacked by the nationalists, tabloids and degenreates trashing foreign stores. 

England are the nearly men, the good when they can be but mostly average when it matters. Spirit of the underdog and that. The nation that obsesses over new shiny ideas and things to remedy existing problems whilst looking where to attribute blame if that doesn’t work.

No, for me. Getting knocked out at the semi final stage for England is probably a good thing, it’s keeps feet on the ground. Keeps the twat element in order, balances out the hyperbole and extreme ostracizing of players who didn’t meet others lofty expectations (Raheem Sterling).

Funny that you mention that (though I think you mean more about the media and England team rather than the fans).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44756829

4 minutes ago, Batard said:

I did actually mean the fans as well. I saw the incident at IKEA. What a bunch of wallies.

T'was the journalists running riot in one of the UK's shops that provides most of our household paraphernalia.

• Administrator

this sums it up perfectly for me. let's not allow a few cunty idiots ruin what has been quite a positively-supported, mainly trouble-free World Cup here or in Russia.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

this sums it up perfectly for me. let's not allow a few cunty idiots ruin what has been quite a positively-supported, mainly trouble-free World Cup here or in Russia.

Then we definitely have to go into grades of knobness.

I doubt anyone is saying that this tars what England have done during this World Cup... Just that unfortunately there weren't any Russian trained mobsters at IKEA to validate stupidity this time around.

I was out in the city for the game and it was thousands of u35 young professionals in england colours. These are the people you see on top of the ambulance, not your usual football crowd. London has a bit of an immature brained hipster joining in the London riots type vibe about its trouble so far.

7 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I was out in the city for the game and it was thousands of u35 young professionals in england colours. These are the people you see on top of the ambulance, not your usual football crowd. London has a bit of an immature brained hipster joining in the London riots type vibe about its trouble so far.

I got back to London the day before yesterday and watched the game next to the Regent's Canal in Granary Square (Canopy Market, King's Cross) and the atmosphere was amazing.  By the canal they had a big screen showing Wimbledon for that lot (there were many) and up on the fountain square we had one showing the England v Sweden... Families, football fans and all sorts, hundreds having a glorious summer football experience. Everyone felt great, everyone drank and felt safe.  It's possible when normal people coexist.

Wow two whole pages in which you’ve got people that think winning the World Cup might be a bad thing or that they would rather not win it because it might enhanced perceived nationalistic superiority 😂

I can just see the kids in Zagreb, Paris or Brussels struggling with that dilemma. It’s a game of football ffs stop being weapons! 

I don’t get the self loathing about idiotic elements of England’s fan base either. There’s approx 50m people in England you’re going to get idiots. You think there’s not been some moronic behaviour in other countries this World Cup? 

This reminds me of the “open letter to Germany...” thread created at the last World Cup by some bitter English poster because we got eliminated early...oh wait! Trolling 9/10

Archived