talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Open letter to England

5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Wow two whole pages in which you’ve got people that think winning the World Cup might be a bad thing or that they would rather not win it because it might enhanced perceived nationalistic superiority 😂

I can just see the kids in Zagreb, Paris or Brussels struggling with that dilemma. It’s a game of football ffs stop being weapons! 

I don’t get the self loathing about idiotic elements of England’s fan base either. There’s approx 50m people in England you’re going to get idiots. You think there’s not been some moronic behaviour in other countries this World Cup? 

This reminds me of the “open letter to Germany...” thread created at the last World Cup by some bitter English poster because we got eliminated early...oh wait! Trolling 9/10

I’ve been searching for videos of the chaos in Belgium after they beat Brazil but I can’t find it on YouTube. But there were tons of arrests.  But then again there are serious social issues in Belgium these days where I would say the football has been used as an excuse to run riot. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I’ve been searching for videos of the chaos in Belgium after they beat Brazil but I can’t find it on YouTube. But there were tons of arrests.  But then again there are serious social issues in Belgium these days where I would say the football has been used as an excuse to run riot. 

I think the only group of fans who’ve gone up in my estimations are the Japanese. 

I remember back in 2014 all the Brazilian’s who were happy they got destroyed because they didn’t deserve to win it because of economic imbalances within the country.

It’s Utterly ridiculous school of thought, if you offered me a week of riots again similar to the ones we had a few years back as a result of a World Cup final victory I’d drag myself bollock naked over barbed wire to snatch your hand off. 

I hope nobody's mad at me for opening this thread. It's just fun, and maybe you will bring it home. Although I'm rooting for Croatia, sorry. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You're still shit. You qualified 2nd over Panama and Tunisia, limped through against Columbia, and were mediocre against Sweden. Croatia are going to turn you over.

I’m inclined to agree, I think we’re still unbalanced and that Ali, Lingard & Sterling are awful players. Think the squad picks are strange to, Delph & Alexander Arnold are bizarre inclusions as the squad lacks creativity. Bizarrely Shelvey would have been a good shout. 

It’s definitely a fairly poor England side on paper but this World Cup has opened up for us, I think if we make the final we’ll be underdogs but it’s a 50/50 game so why not be positive? 

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You're still shit. You qualified 2nd over Panama and Tunisia, limped through against Columbia, and were mediocre against Sweden. Croatia are going to turn you over.

I don't think anyone's really that bothered. It is what it is. I'm not going to pretend we're some brilliant team but we've got people excited again. That's all that matters here for me.

Fuck me dead this thread is horrible. Sorry fellas, the only thing worse than the English complaining when they lose is when they gloat when they win. You lot don't make it easy to sympathise sometimes, and I want to; because I know many Poms, many great people, but fucking geez the shite you lot spout is unbearable sometimes, it's funny for the first few dozens times but reading the same 'ez carmen home lads, av at it' four times a day from the same ten Poms on facebook runs pretty thin fast.  I love me some banter, but it is always the same shit, 'two world wars, and one world cup', 'hur hur Australia are our convicts', 'we beat the French at Agincourt that is why we do the two fingers up'. You can only use the 'irony' excuse so many times as well. The 'b' in 'English banter' stands for 'banality' apparently. 

Love you lot, but you don't make it easy.

tenor.gif?itemid=5670122

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You're still shit. You qualified 2nd over Panama and Tunisia, limped through against Columbia, and were mediocre against Sweden. Croatia are going to turn you over

22 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

They'll be going home tomorrow 

Well that is definitely not true because the game is on Wednesday 

Croatia struggled against Denmark and Russia, quality team no doubt about it but i see England being too much for them. Also i think they will eventually end 4th. They are only the second team to advance twice on penalties in a single WC tournament? Not sure about the info it was on some shit website.

13 hours ago, Spike said:

Fuck me dead this thread is horrible. Sorry fellas, the only thing worse than the English complaining when they lose is when they gloat when they win. You lot don't make it easy to sympathise sometimes, and I want to; because I know many Poms, many great people, but fucking geez the shite you lot spout is unbearable sometimes, it's funny for the first few dozens times but reading the same 'ez carmen home lads, av at it' four times a day from the same ten Poms on facebook runs pretty thin fast.  I love me some banter, but it is always the same shit, 'two world wars, and one world cup', 'hur hur Australia are our convicts', 'we beat the French at Agincourt that is why we do the two fingers up'. You can only use the 'irony' excuse so many times as well. The 'b' in 'English banter' stands for 'banality' apparently. 

Love you lot, but you don't make it easy.

Like you Aussies show great sportsmanship :ph34r:

Archived