talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Willian Commits Future to Chelsea - Signs New 5-Year Deal

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Barcelona board don’t even know what they want or what they’re looking for. It’s as if there are four or five different people working in the technical department and none of the four or five have ever met or spoken to each other in any way. Each of them is given money to spend and hey presto!

The talk in the Barcelona based sports media is that Chelsea haven’t said no to that amount (£50m)... Chelsea want a Barcelona player included in that deal and according to the press it’s either Rafinha (preferably) or André Gomes. 

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I just don't see how Willian is needed?

Maybe for depth I can see it but because other parts of the pitch need seeing to first, depth should come later.

Barcelona seem to have secured the signing of the young France international centre-back from Sevilla Clément Lenglet which really is a very good signing if it’s made official. 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Maybe for depth I can see it but because other parts of the pitch need seeing to first, depth should come later.

Barcelona seem to have secured the signing of the young France international centre-back from Sevilla Clément Lenglet which really is a very good signing if it’s made official. 

So that means adiós Yerry? It probably will be the case if Arthur is signed due to too many non-EU players. 

Willian would definitely improve the depth of the squad but the problem for me is that he's now nearly 30. Buying/promoting players more for the future makes sense. Spending that amount on a player to offer depth for a season or 2 doesn't make sense to me. But at a cheaper price, yes. 70 mil for a player of his age is well excessive. 

Selling Digne and promoting Cucurella would make sense as would selling Gomes if Arthur arrives. 

48 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

So that means adiós Yerry? It probably will be the case if Arthur is signed due to too many non-EU players. 

Willian would definitely improve the depth of the squad but the problem for me is that he's now nearly 30. Buying/promoting players more for the future makes sense. Spending that amount on a player to offer depth for a season or 2 doesn't make sense to me. But at a cheaper price, yes. 

Selling Digne and promoting Cucurella would make sense as would selling Gomes if Arthur arrives. 

From what I read and listen to they’re basing next season on adding as much depth as possible for a big challenge for the Champions League mate. Yerry Mina should be going on loan although Barça have had very good offers for him to sell. 

18 minutes ago, Machado said:

Woah. Am I the only one who thought he was way younger?

This happens to Fernandinho as well, most people think he is younger than he actually is. I think this happens because both spent a lot of time in ukrainian football before going to England.

20 hours ago, Cicero said:

55 million xD

Surely we won't say no this time ? 

Apparently you have xD

I presume they're saying no because they haven't put a contingency plan in place in case Willian was sold?

Personally I think you should invest the money in Zaha. He's just as quick, will play better around better players, and has age on his side. Cash plus two attacking minded young players not breaking in to the first team but are Prem quality would probably do it.

• The title was changed to Willian Commits Future to Chelsea - Signs New 5-Year Deal

Archived