talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Willian Commits Future to Chelsea - Signs New 5-Year Deal

What I don't understand in all of this if the rumours are to be believed (rumours that will become self evident), is that Chelsea refused to sell (on three separate bids) to Barcelona with the final one being €60m straight cash (£50m +) with the belief that Barça would keep coming back to raise the offer time and time again out of desperation and then... (Again I repeat... If to be believed)... Chelsea sell Willian to Manchester United (a direct domestic rival) coached by a past coach for the sum of £50m!

That's mental in my view and if that does occur, then questions should be asked from their fans to how the mechanics at the technical side of board level actually work and their thinking behind all of this.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Willian might leave Chelsea after all if some sources in Spain are to be believed. The rumour is that Real Madrid want to include Willian in a combined deal with Thibaut Courtois.

I don't get that deal at all. Why would Chelsea consider this if they don't want to sell Willian? 

If it was for bale or some other player id understand but for cash why make it a double deal...?

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I don't get that deal at all. Why would Chelsea consider this if they don't want to sell Willian? 

If it was for bale or some other player id understand but for cash why make it a double deal...?

I have no idea and at the €100m rumoured, if true is crazy. Courtois for all of his critics has a big status in the football world and at today’s prices is worth €60m+ which leaves Willian at €40m. So why didn’t they sell Willian for the €60m Barcelona apparently offered?

The whole thing is rather odd. 

8 hours ago, True Blue said:

Thibo has a year left in his contract, the club canceled contract renewal with him. So basically the amount we could get is around 35 mill, leaving the other 65 for Willian.

Now I understand. Makes sense.

7 hours ago, True Blue said:

Thibo has a year left in his contract, the club canceled contract renewal with him. So basically the amount we could get is around 35 mill, leaving the other 65 for Willian.

35 still seems light for a WC best GK with a year left to run. 

Willian looks to have played down the rumors himself. Seems to be staying. 

Crazy from our board to turn down that money for such an inconsistent player.

Even crazier if the board are actually contempt with going into the new season with the same attack that's had us finish 5th. Looks to be they are hoping Sarri's new brand of football will get the best out of them. 

I cannot believe that your board have turned down that sort of money. Really can't, surely you can't have people that mentally insane on boards of professional football clubs. 

He's average as fuck. I'd of flogged him for half in an instant, nevermind 60m 😂

Willian interviewed in Brazil today where he states he is happy at Chelsea and loves living in London.

Maybe angling for a payoff if sold, but he has been consistent over the years he has been with us by saying the same thing as today when linked elsewhere.

Oh David Luiz said over a week ago hat Willian dont want to leave n Luiz has said the same about himself today.

There are some who follow my club who will be saying" .....

We cant catch a break!  :ay:

In what was initially reported as a passport mix-up, it turns out new Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is not happy with winger Willian - who has been linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge this summer - over his late return to their pre-season preparations.

When asked after last night's penalty shoot-out defeat to Arsenal in the International Champions Cup whether he had returned to training, he said: "I want to speak to him before I answer these questions.

"I don't know. I am not happy about the situation but I would like to talk to him.

"Is it strange? I think so."

On 30/07/2018 at 23:19, The Liquidator said:

Willian interviewed in Brazil today where he states he is happy at Chelsea and loves living in London.

Maybe angling for a payoff if sold, but he has been consistent over the years he has been with us by saying the same thing as today when linked elsewhere.

Oh David Luiz said over a week ago hat Willian dont want to leave n Luiz has said the same about himself today.

There are some who follow my club who will be saying" .....

We cant catch a break!  :ay:

On 31/07/2018 at 14:22, Cicero said:

Now being reported he failed to show up during training 

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

All a bit of a mystery surrounding him now... For Sarri to have to come out and state that makes you wonder what's going on... I appreciate that he may have had issues with Conte for whatever reason but you think he would be inclined to show a willingness to be back up and running to try and figure in the new season under the new boss unless as I alluded to in another thread that some of these players including Hazard/Court and Willian are dragging their feet or sulking a bit for want of a better word perhaps because their dream moves have not yet materialized... I would hope that is not the case.. 

As a player Willian can be both brilliant and or just plain average in some games but as a person his attitude has never really been in question up until that stunt after the cup win.. like with all of us I suppose if it started with a problem with him and Conte he may just be feeling frustrated and once that happens you tend to look at things differently, adding minor issues into the mix until you feel that just wanting to break free and start over is the only way forward.. 

I find it very odd that he has not even spoken to Sarri yet? that makes me wonder.. If he did lose his passport which some reports are claiming it does not stop him picking up the phone does it?? 

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

Yesterday

4EC58DCB00000578-0-image-a-12_15332324294EC58DC700000578-0-image-a-3_153323233844EC5913D00000578-0-image-a-1_15332322709

Willian was back at Chelsea's training ground on Wednesday, five days later than he was scheduled to return, but the club say that he informed them in advance of the situation and remained in constant contact.

The Brazilian had reaffirmed his commitment to the Blues earlier this week despite the interest from Madrid, telling Globo Esporte'[Leaving?] No, I'm back to England. I'm very happy at Chelsea. I'm very happy living in London.'

Alls well that ends well then... 

Mental. But unsurprising. 

If you had told me at the end of last season that after finishing 30 points behind the League Champions and in 5th place our only signings all summer would be one midfielder and a 3rd choice keeper, I'd have laughed. It's Crazy. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Mental. But unsurprising. 

If you had told me at the end of last season that after finishing 30 points behind the League Champions and in 5th place our only signings all summer would be one midfielder and a 3rd choice keeper, I'd have laughed. It's Crazy. 

Not our circus, not our monkeys.... 

• The title was changed to Willian Commits Future to Chelsea - Signs New 5-Year Deal

Archived