talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Yohan Cabaye Joins Al Nasr

football forum

He's signed on a two year deal.

I'm a little upset about this one, he was still a regular starter and a valued team player. He had another two seasons in him for us. For him to go to a nation where he is effectively retiring too is a shame, if he went back to France it would be more understanding.

On the flip side, you could see last season he was getting fed up of being kicked to shit by tosspot teams like Bournemouth, Watford and Huddersfield. He's been offered reduced terms to stay here now as we financially prepare for the new stand. Then at 32 he's no doubt weary that plans would be in place to slowly outcast him.

We should have been prepared for this, but given how we conduct ourselves every transfer window I imagine that's unlikely. We are now very thin in the middle of the park. We've got Luka and Riedewald as deep central midfielders, then an unfit and possibly past it Jason Puncheon attacking role. James McArthur's future is undecided whilst Reuben Loftus-Cheek will be difficult to attract on loan again. Even if we are interested in Wilshere and Livermore too, I imagine more work will need to be done unless were finally giving opportunities to Kirby and Dreher. Albeit future seasons suggests the latter is very unlikely.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In light of the lack of interest of acknowledgment that a player who has given this country some absolutely fantastic moments since 2011 and really contributed to the evolution of football in this country significantly I have produced a poem in honour of the man. 

Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the members frown?
'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun,
Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew they had won.

So I took what's mine by eternal right.
Took your memories into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there,
I am here for you if you'd only care.

You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when,
My heart was blinded by you.

I've loved your passes and loved your goals.
Shared your dreams and felt your soul.
I know you well, I know your smell.
I've been addicted to you.

Cabaye my lover.
Cabaye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

22 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Are Palace going to go through major surgery this summer? 

I think our hand is being forced through piss poor planning mate. To have Hennessey, Speroni, Ward, Kelly, Cabaye, McArthur and Sako all out of contract at the same time is a situation that should have been avoided. Then there's the talk of having a very low net spend this summer due to the new stand being built. 

We seem to be waiting until the end of the window to do our business again, which often results in us not getting our key targets. We never learn. Youd think Swansea, Stoke and the first seven games last season would act as a warning.

Archived