• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Strongest Eleven This Season Based On WhoScored Stats

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FOYM said:

Well this topic turned 😂

Tends to happen when you present a rationale argument and there's no comeback. Just pictures because you can't actually justify your posts and admit you just like having a pop at a specific team 😂. I've even stated it's ludicrous as Pogba (in my opinion has been wank). Still Otamendi aside, it's a fairly decent team.

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Nah I'm only pulling ya plonker Linesman! 

I agree, change Otamendi with Cahill and Pogba with Kante and it's not far off. 

And lallana with Herrera.

1 minute ago, WhoNose said:

Lallana and Firminio have been impressive at times this season.

Lallane yes, Firmino debatable. The Brazilian is usually brilliant against the bigger sides. 

1 minute ago, WhoNose said:

Lallana and Firminio have been impressive at times this season.

Lallana's a good shout to replace Herrera but there has been too many players excell in Firmino's position for him to be included. 

• Subscriber

Do you know has gone under the radar this season, Christian Eriksen.

10 assists and 6 goals in the league. Pretty impressive record.

Gylfi as well, 11 assists and 8 goals - although he benefits from taking penalties and free kicks

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Gylfi as well, 11 assists and goals - although he benefits from taking penalties and free kicks

agreed and listed Eriksen in my team above.

Thought about Sigurdsson over Hazard and changed it about 3 times. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Romesh said:

agreed and listed Eriksen in my team above.

Thought about Sigurdsson over Hazard and changed it about 3 times. 

Your team was good, no Sanchez is bold but he's been sulking for a while and I prefer Kane and Lukaku's impact.

Not sure I'd have Lloris in there personally, probably go with Courtois or De Gea. I'd have Rose over Alonso but otherwise similar.

• Administrator

Sanchez' attitude annoys me which is why I took him out. Granted he seems the only one capable of doing anything of importance at Arsenal but like you I prefer Kane and Lukaku's effectiveness at their clubs. The fact that Kane has banged in goals and is near the top of the scoring charts after missing 6 weeks towards the start of the season goes to show how much impact he has. 

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Your team was good, no Sanchez is bold but he's been sulking for a while and I prefer Kane and Lukaku's impact.

Not sure I'd have Lloris in there personally, probably go with Courtois or De Gea. I'd have Rose over Alonso but otherwise similar.

Alonso isn't a stand out player but does his job very, very well. Him and Moses, as I've said, have been worth a lot of points this season. Cahill and Azpilicueta are superb at covering also

De Gea

Moses Cahill Luiz Azpilicueta Alonso

Kante Alli

Antonio Hazard

Costa

Basically Chelsea with one or 2 changes. Antonio because of early season but has dropped off. Alli because i like watching him play. And De Gea is leagues ahead of other goalies.

24 minutes ago, Storts said:

Gylfi as well, 11 assists and 8 goals - although he benefits from taking penalties and free kicks

Eriksen another good shout! He's one of those players that you never watch and think 'WOW' but when you look at his contribution/numbers it's always impressive. 

2 minutes ago, WhoNose said:

De Gea

Moses Cahill Luiz Azpilicueta Alonso

Kante Alli

Antonio Hazard

Costa

Basically Chelsea with one or 2 changes. Antonio because of early season but has dropped off. Alli because i like watching him play. And De Gea is leagues ahead of other goalies.

Moses and Alonso are nowhere near the Spurs FB's, Alli is out of position there and Costa simply hasn't been as good as Kane, Lukaku or Sanchez. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Eriksen another good shout! He's one of those players that you never watch and think 'WOW' but when you look at his contribution/numbers it's always impressive. 

Yeah, that's spot on - he's changed somewhat in that regard. He used to be a sort of wow player, in the sense he scored a large number of freekicks and so was highlight reel. Now he keeps us ticking over, a lot of our play goes through him and he's valuable to the way we play.

Also Antonio xD Bloody hell. He's actually a pretty terrible footballer blessed with the gift of being in the right place at the right time often. Take away his goals and he adds nothing. A few of my West Ham mates can't stand him.

De Gea 

Azpilicueta - Luiz - Van Dijk

Walker - Kante - Fernandinho -Alonso

De Bruyne - Hazard

Sanchez        

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not specifically the topic, just in general. Pogba and Herrera were jumped on when Otamendi is sat there as well. No mention of him though. That's the point. People love to jump on anything negative United related in general.

On 3/26/2017 at 10:43 PM, Dan said:

Otamendi, Herrera and Pogba are hilarious picks. I don't think any of the others are too outrageous.

I do find these things interesting but far too many people nowadays base their entire opinion off them. I do check what kind of scores our players get and I often find myself disagreeing with them.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Storts said:

In what has been largely a crap side as well.

Archived