talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Does or will Gareth Southgate deserve an apology?

I think we all know where this is coming from but all that bad talk on Gareth Southgate’s tenure to date has had quite a bit of bad mouthing. We all remember the moments during qualifying for the World Cup and also many friendlies.

Who’s gonna start the ball rolling or who wants to wait?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the atmosphere he has created around the team.and he carries himself well.

As far as tactics go, I don't think we've seen anything particuarly inspiring so far. They keep the ball okay but only threat seems to be set pieces, maybe Allardyce's brief spell will be decisive? 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I think we all know where this is coming from but all that bad talk on Gareth Southgate’s tenure to date has had quite a bit of bad mouthing. We all remember the moments during qualifying for the World Cup and also many friendlies.

Who’s gonna start the ball rolling or who wants to wait?

Name names mate... 

Jury is still out on how good at the footballing side he is. The tests are getting greater but there are a lot more levels of the game to complete.

He's the epitome of a true gent and I think that we haven't so far collapsed to someone we shouldn't is in large part the result of the man he is. Team spirit and character seems to stem from the leadership of Southgate and Kane.

11 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Name names mate... 

I thought about digging up old posts (I can’t go back to the old forum for obvious reasons) because I’ve been reading back some of them. I always maintained that Southgate was the perfect candidate and this isn’t an “I told you so” to give me some credit points... It’s just that he brought many of these guys through the ranks and lived the youth international setup.

Why bring up member’s old comments now when people are so emotional and experiencing a wonderful moment.

Everyone knows who they are! xD

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I thought about digging up old posts (I can’t go back to the old forum for obvious reasons) because I’ve been reading back some of them. I always maintained that Southgate was the perfect candidate and this isn’t an “I told you so” to give me some credit points... It’s just that he brought many of these guys through the ranks and lived the youth international setup.

Why bring up member’s old comments now when people are so emotional and experiencing a wonderful moment.

England U21s under Southgate were absolute garbage. He also took Boro down. If he achieves something at this world cup it just goes to show the power of luck and the fortune of being in the right place at the right time.

It further destroys the Tory philosophy that you get what you deserve in life and that hierarchy forms by ability.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

why not?

38 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

England U21s under Southgate were absolute garbage. He also took Boro down. If he achieves something at this world cup it just goes to show the power of luck and the fortune of being in the right place at the right time.

It further destroys the Tory philosophy that you get what you deserve in life and that hierarchy forms by ability.

Mate... Then under that philosophy we can abstain from ever giving credit to any international coach. 

59 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Mate... Then under that philosophy we can abstain from ever giving credit to any international coach. 

Possibly, you can still credit someone for an achievement because they still have to have the right goods in the first place. Still, Southgate winning the world cup would make a mockery of how we think of winning managers as some genius above all. For years people on here have debated whether Mourinho is the special one or just at the right clubs.

3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Possibly, you can still credit someone for an achievement because they still have to have the right goods in the first place. Still, Southgate winning the world cup would make a mockery of how we think of winning managers as some genius above all. For years people on here have debated whether Mourinho is the special one or just at the right clubs.

Think it just shows that there's much more to it than tactics. As many great managers have proven previously. 

Its about getting the team behind you,  instilling belief and getting enough good fortune in the early stages that gorges a reputation and the rest becomes a self fulfilling prophecy....

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Are you married  @SirBalon? I can imagine your wedding speech ;)

He got married in late 2016... If you go down to the back room of the Bull & Spectacles he is still going through the 'jokes' section of his speech at the moment... The guests have thinned down a tad from the original 40 that were invited and he is left with some bloke at the back in the corner that may probably have lapsed into a coma and has since passed away and there are 2 others, the cleaner and some local vagrant that sleeps there at night after a hard day of selling the big issue.. I don't think he has noticed that his missus has since run off with another bloke and filed for divorce because he is too busy laughing at his own jokes... 

He had planned to keep it short and I believe the whole thing could well be wrapped up just in time for the World Cup Final... If however he gets to page 5,103 and finds he has lost a page and then has to ad lib his way through then that could be the World Cup Final of 2022

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

He got married in late 2016... If you go down to the back room of the Bull & Spectacles he is still going through the 'jokes' section of his speech at the moment... The guests have thinned down a tad from the original 40 that were invited and he is left with some bloke at the back in the corner that may probably have lapsed into a coma and has since passed away and there are 2 others, the cleaner and some local vagrant that sleeps there at night after a hard day of selling the big issue.. I don't think he has noticed that his missus has since run off with another bloke and filed for divorce because he is too busy laughing at his own jokes... 

He had planned to keep it short and I believe the whole thing could well be wrapped up just in time for the World Cup Final... If however he gets to page 5,103 and finds he has lost a page and then has to ad lib his way through then that could be the World Cup Final of 2022

Flippin’ eck!

That’s beautiful mate!!! :rofl:

I love it and I love you!!!

One day I’ll recite the terrible speech I made in front of both sets of families and friends. It wasn’t very long (you’ll all be surprised to read) but it was ridiculous and I even managed to associate married life and what matrimony means with The romanticism with the old Highbury Stadium. :drunk: 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Flippin’ eck!

One day I’ll recite the terrible speech I made in front of both sets of families and friends. It wasn’t very long (you’ll all be surprised to read) but it was ridiculous and I even managed to associate married life and what matrimony means with The romanticism with the old Highbury Stadium. :drunk: 

I'm amazed you find time to post on the forum while you're doing your wedding speech xD

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Flippin’ eck!

How many times did you use the word protagonist?

Archived