talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bruno Fernandes - Man Utd Agree Deal

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

With a move to England he’d probably be getting a massive pay rise for a period of years that would give him more money than that.

That is only potential over several years, right now he is 5m richer and next season unless they trigger another 5m clause, he can move. That 5m bonus every season would be more substantial than anything else!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spike said:

That is only potential over several years, right now he is 5m richer and next season unless they trigger another 5m clause, he can move. That 5m bonus every season would be more substantial than anything else!

Yeah, exactly. Still young, will absolutely move next summer and has a nice five mil in the bank. Not gonna feel sorry for the lad.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Was this before Spurs opted for lo Celso?

He was always our backup option - Lo Celso was Poch's top choice

Him + Ndombele with a nice cherry on the top which would have been Dybala. Ah well

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.1fba4e2d3e3e133b5c7f7ef2cc000eb3.png

Tottenham Hotspur target Bruno Fernandes is still keen to leave Sporting Lisbon, despite signing a new contract with a release clause of £85m. There is an agreement allowing the 25-year-old Portuguese midfielder's exit if an offer of 70m euros (£60m) arrives. (Mail)

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Bruno Fernandes - Midfielder Linked With Man Utd
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.873b436669c50586759fd51da7839684.png

Sporting Lisbon's president and sporting director have travelled to Old Trafford to negotiate the transfer of Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes, 25, to Manchester United. (Record - in Portuguese)

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and assistant Mike Phelan went to watch Fernandes in action this week. (Standard)

And United are growing increasingly confident of signing Fernandes in a £60m deal. (Star)

A lot of talk that this is going to happen in the next couple of days.  You can't argue with what Fernandes has done with Sporting the last 18 months around 40 goals and 25 assists I believe. However, I do wonder why nobody else seems interested in him and United has such a clear run at him?

• Subscriber
On 14/01/2020 at 01:50, Redcanuck said:

A lot of talk that this is going to happen in the next couple of days.  You can't argue with what Fernandes has done with Sporting the last 18 months around 40 goals and 25 assists I believe. However, I do wonder why nobody else seems interested in him and United has such a clear run at him?

I often wonder similar about Ziyech.

This is interesting - I had Man Utd down as the club who'd buy Maddison off us this summer but maybe not if this goes through.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Notice the fact he played though. Not happening this month. Sporting have fuck all to play for at this point and won't jeopardise a move of that scale by playing him.

A lot could still happen though in a couple of weeks? He may have played today but I can't see that stopping Utd perhaps chucking more money at him to secure him now as opposed to another club coming in for him by summer.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

A lot could still happen though in a couple of weeks? He may have played today but I can't see that stopping Utd perhaps chucking more money at him to secure him now as opposed to another club coming in for him by summer.

It just seems like there's less progress in this than we originally thought. I am following this one a bit as I think it could impact Leicester. Like I said will they really sign both him and Maddison?

To be honest, thinking about it I actually wouldn't put it totally past Manchester United nowadays, to then stick Maddison out wide :D

Archived