talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bruno Fernandes - Man Utd Agree Deal

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Does seem odd that they will baulk at 70mill for Fernandes but pay 80 for Maguire? I'd imagine they'll pay it

11 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Does it surprise you though? Really? This is Ed Woodward we’re talking about

ENMbPWBVAAElDWb.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think at some point, you’ve got to try and get back and track by not overpaying. It’s like locking the door after the horse has bolted though.

It comes to smart investment. 80 million for arguably the best goal scoring midfielder since Lampard. 

I will be genuinely surprised if you don't pull the trigger on this. But then again, I wouldn't given how Woodward runs things. 

34 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It comes to smart investment. 80 million for arguably the best goal scoring midfielder since Lampard. 

I will be genuinely surprised if you don't pull the trigger on this. But then again, I wouldn't given how Woodward runs things. 

He’ll walk away thinking he’s great and he’s ‘showed everyone’. Little realising he still looks like a fucking inept moron. Then he’ll announce we’ve signed an exclusive deal for women’s tampons in Myanmar. Cunt.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think at some point, you’ve got to try and get back and track by not overpaying. It’s like locking the door after the horse has bolted though.

I agree you shouldn't keep doing it but everyone knows you've got money so nobody is going to sell to you for a bargain. Easy way around it for you is to just buy better players. I was pretty sure Maguire wouldn't fix you. Certainly wasn't ever going to be worth what you paid.

Couldn't say for sure about this bloke, not really seen enough but Sporting have had our pants down a few times xD

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.632b01d3dd6de77a990beeaa020f9a58.png

Bruno Fernandes latest: £56.9m Man United transfer, terms 'agreed', what Mourinho has said

The latest transfer news on Bruno Fernandes, with the Sporting midfielder's move to Manchester United reportedly back on just days after it had collapsed following stubbornness on both sides of the negotiating table (football.london)

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.009dff976552fad046bc937c24f42319.png

Manchester United have spent weeks trying to negoiate a deal that would see Fernandes move to Old Trafford from Sporting Lisbon.

At the start of the month, the deal was expected with the Red Devils confident they could sign him on the cheap.

Since then, though, there have been many mixed messages about a possible deal.

Even today, that's continued. Portuguese newspaper O Jogo claims that United are on the verge of signing the 25-year-old, bringing the transfer saga to an end.

But the Guardian says they're only considering making a new offer, and that one hasn't actually been launched. (Express)

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.ab86bebf9144b6222974617f73eb1769.png

Man Utd reach €55m agreement to sign Bruno Fernandes

Manchester United have reached an agreement to sign Sporting C.P. midfielder Bruno Fernandes in a deal worth an initial €55 million (£47m/$60m).

Goal can confirm that following a breakthrough in talks between the two clubs on Tuesday, the deal is close to being completed ahead of Friday's transfer deadline.

United could pay up to €80m (£68m/$88m) for the Portugal international with a number of additional clauses having been agreed between the two parties.

It is understood that €10m of those add-ons should be relatively straightforward to achieve, but the details involved in the final €15m are far less likely to be reached.

Talks between United and Sporting had broken down in recent days with the clubs too far apart when it came to a valuation of Fernandes.

Sporting had been holding out for €80m, with United only willing to offer an initial €50m, with a further €10.5m in add-ons.

Those add-ons included the 25-year-old winning the Ballon d'Or and the Red Devils winning the Premier League, and though it is understood they remain part of the deal, Sporting were unhappy that even with their inclusion the total amount would fall some way short of their valuation.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/man-utd-reach-55m-agreement-to-sign-bruno-fernandes/15i39vtgus4pg17jkd7vd0w8e5

• Administrator

Reckon this could be a very good signing for Utd and go some way to sorting the mediocre squad out. He's very talented and comes with a decent reputation but the stats and performances to back it up. 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.4b3d8da1843784ee24350fd0a27d4994.png

Barcelona made a late bid to try to hijack Manchester United's move for Sporting Lisbon's Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes, 24. (Mirror)

Barcelona had planned to sign Fernandes from Sporting and immediately loan him to Valencia in order to secure a deal for Valencia's 28-year-old Spain striker Rodrigo - but those negotiations are close to collapsing. (ESPN)

Alternatively, Barcelona has ended its interest in Rodrigo due to Valencia's asking price. (Standard)

Bruno Fernandes pictured at airport as he edges closer to transfer to Man Utd (Mirror)

0_Bruno-Fernandes-breaks-silence-as-Manc

55 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sporting fans love him and he seems like he’ll offer both goals and creativity from midfield. Creativity is the biggest thing they need right now. Suspect it’ll be a good signing if he settles in well

Wait till Ole gets his hands on him, he’ll turn into Charlie Adam

Archived