talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Spring Invitational 2017; Cannabis Wins!

football forum

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum
15 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Well.....:coffee:

I'm back from holiday on Saturday, will look to kick things off from the following Monday.

football forum

Just a quick "bump" to make everyone aware that we are going live this coming Monday. If you wish to take part and haven't already signed up you've got 48 hours to get your name down.

football forum
2 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Will give this a go if its not too late.

Not too late, I'll add you to the list.

• The topic was pinned
football forum

WEEK ONE

Good Evening Ladies and Gentleman and welcome to the draw for the first round of fixtures in TalkFootball's inaugural 8-Ball Pool Tournament. Our players are chomping at the bit to get into the hall and show what they are made of so let's see what the super computer can throw up for us. 

The first name drawn out of the hat is the Scottish high-lander Rab, sources claim that he's had his cue waxed in preparation for this very event but with his home games taking place in Scotland this seems to me like a rather silly idea, his opponent for this week will be no other than Mazzari, a young up and coming player who calls himself ''The Hornet''. Lets see if his nickname stacks up when he travels up to Glasgow.

Next is Berserker, a lovely Brazilian bloke who is sure to make any game explosive, often remembered for his foul out-bursts you might want to pack your ear-plugs when playing this Samba-master. His opponent is no other than the recently re-named Romesh (or Stan to his night-time friends). This young bloke supports India when watching cricket but England when watching football so your guess is as good as mine when it comes to pool, all I can say is that we are in for an excellent game.

Our third tie is as mouth-watering as they come, David Villa who turned down the chance to re-join Sporting Gijon after leaving New York City FC has decided to start his next career in the world of pool so what better stage to show his talents than in the capital city of Bosnia against his good friend DeadLinesman? DeadLinesman (or Phil to his lady friends) is one of the sports most famous faces as he is instantly recognisable for his shiny, bald head. We all remember the famous incident in the Shanghai Masters when a rather drunk Mark Selby mistaked Phil's round, bald head for the white ball and jabbed him through the temple with his cue. Hopefully we don't see a repeat in this fixture and get through the frames without an injury.

The fourth tie involves our forum newcomers, LaBambaSambaRamba (or Brian for short) and Toony. Both players will be wanting to prove themselves to the rest of the players although both will need to pack their snorkel for this match-up with the game taking place in Brian's flooded home-town in Peru. 

Our penultimate fixture involves our resident MP Storts and another forum newcomer WhoNose. Both of these players will prove stiff competition for the rest of the forum and Storts himself is known to use his history in politics to his advantage when playing the game of pool. Our game will take place in the House of Commons utilising the huge floor space for something much more appropriate than slagging off immigrants. The Labour Party are expected to cheer for Storts with the Conservatives fully behind WhoNose - the SNP meanwhile are determined to hold a referendum in order to get Rab his own pool league. 

Finally, our final fixture sees the sexiest man in the competition Cannabis against JoshBRFC, the latter has claimed that he has a rather decorated history in pool winning titles all over the continent however none of this has been backed up with any evidence. This will be Josh's first game since the horrific injury back in 2016 that saw him burn his own hand after masturbating with a rather hot glue-gun sowill his fluffy hands recover in time to take down young Cannabis? Only time will tell. 

TL;DR? You have one week to play the fixtures below; 

@Rab 3-1 @Mazzari

@Berserker 1-3 @Romesh

@True Blue 3-1 @DeadLinesman

@LaSambadeStGermain 0-3 @Toony

@Storts 3-0 (F) @WhoNose

Cannabis 3-2 @JOSHBRFC

Please challenge each other in this thread so that I can see who has made the most effort if the game doesn't go ahead. Once your game has been played stick the result in here and I'll add it to the table. As discussed every game is won after a player reaches three frames so bear this in mind when playing your matches. 

Good luck everyone - you have until Sunday 2nd April to get these games played. 

football forum

WEEK TWO

You have one week to play the fixtures below; 

@DeadLinesman 3-0 (F) @WhoNose

@Berserker 2-3 @Mazzari

@Toony 1-3 Cannabis

@Romesh 0-3 @Storts

@Rab 3-2 @True Blue

@LaSambadeStGermain 0-3 @JOSHBRFC

Please challenge each other in this thread so that I can see who has made the most effort if the game doesn't go ahead. Once your game has been played stick the result in here and I'll add it to the table. As discussed every game is won after a player reaches three frames so bear this in mind when playing your matches. 

Good luck everyone - you have until Sunday 9th April to get these games played. 

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

newcomers, LaBambaSambaRamba (or Brian for short) and Toony. Both players will be wanting to prove themselves to the rest of the players although both will need to pack their snorkel for this match-up with the game taking place in Brian's flooded home-town in Peru. 

LaBambaSambaRamba xD

Have my snorkel ready, we're playing near Chosica Toony. Make sure you bring some hand sanitizer and bottled water as you won't find any in the area we're playing due to floods.

• The topic was pinned
1 minute ago, Toony said:

Are you playing on a laptop or iPad?

I've only got the iPad at the moment so we can play off that or will be able to play on the laptop later.

I don't have an iPad. Does iOS work in general?

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

There's two versions of the game available, you can either play it on an iPad/iPhone or on a laptop/computer.

The only problem is you can't play against someone who is playing on a different platform, so if you're playing on an iPad you can't play someone who's playing on a laptop.

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Yeah. The iOS version of 8 Ball Pool works between all iOS devices. So a person playing on a iPad would be able to play against someone using an iPhone or iPod et al. Play between a laptop and an iOS device isn't possible.

football forum

When do you want to play @Cannabis and what platform are you playing on?

I'll have to use my laptop, I've got a Windows Phone so won't be able to use the app. 

I'll play whenever you like, I see Brian is ready for you too so I'll give you a game after you've finished in Peru :).

There's two versions of the game available, you can either play it on an iPad/iPhone or on a laptop/computer.

The only problem is you can't play against someone who is playing on a different platform, so if you're playing on an iPad you can play someone who's playing on a laptop.

Will have to be PC or Laptop bud. I just tried to download it and its asking me for a few payment changes even though its free.

I'll try to get this fixed in the coming week to have it on iOS

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I'll have to use my laptop, I've got a Windows Phone so won't be able to use the app. 

I'll play whenever you like, I see Brian is ready for you too so I'll give you a game after you've finished in Peru :).

I can use either platform, but the laptop I can usually only access at night (around 7.30pm onwards). 

Hopefully this won't be a problem. 

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Will have to be PC or Laptop bud. I just tried to download it and its asking me for a few payment changes even though its free.

I'll try to get this fixed in the coming week to have it on iOS

I'll be able to play in a couple of hours then if you fancy it then?

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived