• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gonzalo Higuaín Signs For AC Milan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cicero said:

Back to Napoli? 

Very doubtful mate... We're talking about Aurelio De Laurentiis here where Napoli is concerned and he isn't a man to cross because there's no way back at all after that.

I would say abroad...  Here in Italy they have it clear that news leaked from Juventus (from quite some time ago) is that they don't want Higuaín anymore.  Juventus want to win the Champions League and last season was a big disappointment for them.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If it were us, he's going to be vastly disappointed in his contract 

i meant he could sign for you so he gets his dream move to Vitesse.

22 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Back to River Plate? @Berserker

I doubt it because I think he’s still got a lot to offer. He has to keep fit though because that’s been in question from what they tell me here. Cristiano is older and still doing the busi so there’s no reason why he can’t still play at the top end.

But take for example Radamel Falcao ajd the mistake Man Utd made!

This one is going to be interesting... The whole saga!

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Juventus don't want Higuaín... He is being sold but nobody knows where yet. 

Don't be retarded mate, that's not the case at all. Higuain was the one who said he wanted to play in the Premier about 2 months ago. Juventus does not want to sell him and haven't ever said that, Marotta and Nedved both said that he wasn't for sell but that they don't hold players against their will..

20 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Back to River Plate? @Berserker

No chance, SirBalon based that comment on retarded rumours that started to appear a few months ago but there's not any truth on that. Higuain will either stay at Juventus or move to either a big club in the Premier League or PSG and that's it.

Gonzalo Higuain's agent says the striker has not held talks with Chelsea or any other club for a move away from Juventus.

Reports claimed Higuain was set to make a move to the London club but his brother and agent, Nicolas, has denied the Argentina international is set to leave Turin.

The forward has been at Juventus since 2016, when he joined from another Serie A side Napoli and has scored 40 goals in 73 appearances.

Speaking to Sky Italy, Nicolas said: "We are not in talks with Chelsea. He [Higuain] wants to respect his contract with Juventus. It would be great to see Higuain and Cristiano Ronaldo playing together again."

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

These reports we are after him wont go away. 

Getting worried. 

Last night on Spanish radio from a very good source and serious journalist, he said that the Chelsea/Higuaín rumours are very real indeed.

6 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Worried?, don't be stupid, if you were to sign him he would be the best striker you have ever had along with Drogba.

His age is the only downside. We'd get a max 2 good seasons out of him. 

Can't call someone stupid then post that last bit in your sentence. He turns out better than Costa I'd be surprised. 

From what I understand Morata would be heading to AC Milan which is not where he wanted to go as that would be Juventus.  But he would welcome a return to Italy as his future wife is Italian.  Swapping a young striker for a 30 something is odd these days but you can't deny Higuaín's career as a top marksman.  It would be a short term fix.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

From what I understand Morata would be heading to AC Milan which is not where he wanted to go as that would be Juventus.  But he would welcome a return to Italy as his future wife is Italian.  Swapping a young striker for a 30 something is odd these days but you can't deny Higuaín's career as a top marksman.  It would be a short term fix.

We don't do that. Hence why Conte was upset we never got his targets. 

Just now, Cicero said:

We don't do that. Hence why Conte was upset we never got his targets. 

Well then you agree Hiaguaín would be an odd signing because he wouldn't be cheap from signing to wages!

Sarri although a different coach to your usual Italian due to his brand of football is used to living in a football culture that has no issues with older players which would mean he would welcome coaching Higuaín once again in my view.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

His age is the only downside. We'd get a max 2 good seasons out of him. 

Can't call someone stupid then post that last bit in your sentence. He turns out better than Costa I'd be surprised. 

I'd say 3.

What other strikers have you had that have scored at least 25+ goals in one season in two of Europe's best leagues and that has a conversion rate of over 0,55 in more than 500 matches also in Europe's best leagues?

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Well then you agree Hiaguaín would be an odd signing because he wouldn't be cheap from signing to wages!

Sarri although a different coach to your usual Italian due to his brand of football is used to living in a football culture that has no issues with older players which would mean he would welcome coaching Higuaín once again in my view.

Right, but at the end of the day, our board won't sign players who don't provide any long term value. Not unless they are willing to take a wage cut and a minor role, similar to Giroud. 

It's that very reason why we didn't get Vidal, Nainggolan, Bonucci, Candreva, etc. 

12 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I'd say 3.

What other strikers have you had that have scored at least 25+ goals in one season in two of Europe's best leagues and that has a conversion rate of over 0,55 in more than 500 matches also in Europe's best leagues?

It's not about what he's done, its about what he can do for us.

I mentioned previously, I'd gladly take Higuain if he was willing to take a wage cut and if Juve reduced that transfer amount.  He would actually provide some great competition with Morata if the twat decides to miss open one on ones with the keeper again. Giroud is also a good target man, to which all three of them would definitely bring something different. 

Would he want a wage decrease and no guaranteed starting spot? Probably not. 

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Right, but at the end of the day, our board won't sign players who don't provide any long term value. Not unless they are willing to take a wage cut and a minor role, similar to Giroud. 

It's that very reason why we didn't get Vidal, Nainggolan, Bonucci, Candreva, etc. 

It's not about what he's done, its about what he can do for us.

I mentioned previously, I'd gladly take Higuain if he was willing to take a wage cut and if Juve reduced that transfer amount.  He would actually provide some great competition with Morata if the twat decides to miss open one on ones with the keeper again. Giroud is also a good target man, to which all three of them would definitely bring something different. 

Would he want a wage decrease and no guaranteed starting spot? Probably not. 

He can do very good for you as he's done through his career. Higuain is no Giroud, he would be the best of your strikers, why in the hell would he take a wage cut or why would Juve lower their price even further? Why would he "compete" with Morata when Morata has never been half the striker he is?, if he was to go there he would certainly be the main striker and you will most likely offload some of the ones you already have. I'd also gladly take Busquets if he was willing to take a wage cut and if Barca reduced that transfer amount, but it's stupid to even want or expect that when we are talking of players who are among the best in their positions, and it's not like they're 32/33 which then would be understandable neither.

4 minutes ago, Berserker said:

He can do very good for you as he's done through his career. Higuain is no Giroud, he would be the best of your strikers, why in the hell would he take a wage cut or why would Juve lower their price even further? Why would he "compete" with Morata when Morata has never been half the striker he is?, if he was to go there he would certainly be the main striker and you will most likely offload some of the ones you already have. I'd also gladly take Busquets if he was willing to take a wage cut and if Barca reduced that transfer amount, but it's stupid to even want or expect that when we are talking of players who are among the best in their positions, and it's not like they're 32/33 which then would be understandable neither.

Because we don't invest that much money in players that provide no long term benefit or resale value. Our board doesn't operate that way. 

I've said it maybe 100 times. 

• The title was changed to Gonzalo Higuaín Signs For AC Milan

Archived