talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gonzalo Higuaín Signs For AC Milan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done deal to Milan, him and Caldara, Bonucci to Juventus.

As predicted, the wage demands and transfer sum Higuain and Juve demanded were something we were really never going to consider given his age. 

On 31/07/2018 at 12:32, The Palace Fan said:

I'm surprised Juve are allowing this to happen with their goal if winning the Champions League. Everything here suggests this is a good deal for AC Milan.

Getting rid of Higuain is the first thing they should do if they're trying to win any sort of cup competition.

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Getting rid of Higuain is the first thing they should do if they're trying to win any sort of cup competition.

Are you retarded?, Higuain alone probably has more cups than your whole squad together.

16 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Are you retarded?, Higuain alone probably has more cups than your whole squad together.

And Guivarc'h has more World Cups than Higuian but I know which the better forward.

Just now, Burning Gold said:

The ability of former teammates to carry him in past cup finals isn't going to help anyone now, is it?

You're actually retarded then, let me enlighten you in that case.

Scored both Napoli's goals in the final, effectively winning the cup for them against Juve.

Scored in the 2012 Spanish SuperCopa final against Barcelona winning it too.

Scored in the 2008 Spanish SuperCopa final against Valencia also winning it.

Not to mention all the goals he scored in semis of cups too.

15 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Torres has more European cups than Higuain :ay:

Torres no longer plays for Liverpool and that has nothing to do with what i said. :ay:

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

And Guivarc'h has more World Cups than Higuian but I know which the better forward.

So?

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

You're actually retarded then, let me enlighten you in that case.

Scored both Napoli's goals in the final, effectively winning the cup for them against Juve.

Scored in the 2012 Spanish SuperCopa final against Barcelona winning it too.

Scored in the 2008 Spanish SuperCopa final against Valencia also winning it.

Not to mention all the goals he scored in semis of cups too.

Torres no longer plays for Liverpool and that has nothing to do with what i said. :ay:

So?

Fair play, mate. Takes some bollocks to call someone else retarded and then post that. The SuperCopa ffs xD

1 minute ago, Devon Von Devon said:

You are reterded if you believe i said that in to your response i was just sharing an info :ay:

Firstly, if you are going to call someone retarded at least spell it correctly you absolute mong. Secondly, you quoted my post, so yeah, you said that "in to my response".

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

Fair play, mate. Takes some bollocks to call someone else retarded and then post that. The SuperCopa ffs xD

Backtracking much?, you literally said "Getting rid of Higuain is the first thing they should do if they're trying to win any sort of cup competition." I showed you 3 cups which he won in which he scored in the finals and now you try and backtrack and change the subject, pathetic. xD

Just now, Cicero said:

@Berserker I like you mate, but that is so so poor if you are using cups that are categorised as glorified friendlies, to back up Higuain's record in cup finals. 

How is it poor?, it's a cup played between the winner of the League and the winner of the national cup, so not exactly a glorified friendly. And it's not like i've brought that out of the blue to brag about him being the best or anything, it was a perfectly suited and related response to the guy's post.

• Subscriber

@Berserker having a mare, sorry mate but three examples from a time period of a decade and two of them (all of them?) are the Spanish Charity Shield (or Italian Charity Shield?) 🙈.

To be fair I've heard foreign fans say that the English attitude towards some cups (like the Europa League and Charity Shield) is weird and not the norm. They could well be well respected cup finals in those countries for all we know.

Aside from that, I think Higuain is a good signing for Milan. 

5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Fails at Real Madrid so he ends up at Napoli

Fails with Juventus and now takes another backwards move to AC Milan.

@Berserker hijito mio acepte que El pipita has been a failure for top teams. I'm sure he will do okay with ac Milan, but his failures with RM and Juventus will be what I remember the most about him. Great striker that always went MIA when needed the most, unlike Karim.

You mean exactly like Karim.

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

So?! I was using the same arguement as you, mate. You just played yourself.

Nah, i was not asserting how good Higuain is by mentioning how many cups he won, rather proving to the guy who said something along of the lines of him not being able to win cups that he probably had won more cups than his whole squad.

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Fails at Real Madrid so he ends up at Napoli

Fails with Juventus and now takes another backwards move to AC Milan.

@Berserker hijito mio acepte que El pipita has been a failure for top teams. I'm sure he will do okay with ac Milan, but his failures with RM and Juventus will be what I remember the most about him. Great striker that always went MIA when needed the most, unlike Karim.

Had one of the best 5 goal per minute rates in Europe for many years with Madrid and scored 122 goals and gave 56 assists in 264 matches for them arriving at just 18. Whole Madrid failed and was totally outclassed by Barcelona in those years, including your idol Benzemalo, not just Higuain.

Didn't fail with Juventus either, scored 55 goals and gave 12 assists in 105 matches for them winning several trophies and being crucial in many of them like in the last Serie A with important goals against contenders Napoli and Inter and also Milan.

Hijito mio usted hoy tuvo un tremendo meltdown asi que no venga a hacerse el vivo aca. Higuain had amazing figures in all the teams he played, broke historical records and has been one of the World's best strikers for years. In fact only Messi, Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic scored more goals than him Europe since he's there, Benzema is not even close, that is a fact unlike the shit you're spouting.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

@Berserker having a mare, sorry mate but three examples from a time period of a decade and two of them (all of them?) are the Spanish Charity Shield (or Italian Charity Shield?) 🙈.

To be fair I've heard foreign fans say that the English attitude towards some cups (like the Europa League and Charity Shield) is weird and not the norm. They could well be well respected cup finals in those countries for all we know.

Aside from that, I think Higuain is a good signing for Milan. 

How is responding to a post mentioning his supposed inability to win cups by showing evidence of the contrary having a mare?

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

He is still at RM for a reason mate, I'll take him over Gonzalo any day. Karim to me was the MOTM versus Liverpool. 

So you're saying Higuain, Ronaldo and all the others who wanted to leave Madrid are bad? And i'd take Higuain over Benzema any day too, since he's always been a better striker like their stats show. Karius was MOTM for Madrid.

Higuain has declined in recent years but its harsh to say he's failed at any of his clubs. 

He was treated badly at Real Madrid and this was a wrong. He wasn't bad for them. He scored 107 goals in less than 200 appearances. I know those are just numbers, but it does highlight the style of striker he is and that is a goalscorer. Of course that depends on the context, and whether he is scoring goals in games that are finished or scoring mostly penalties. He definitely didn't fail though and was just mistreated by the board and fans alike. Similar to Navas, James and even Bale to an extent. Trend at the club it feels like.

At Napoli he was excellent and while the team didn't revolve around him, he did play a big part in nearly winning the title in 2015-16. He even set the Serie A record and I remember most of those goals more than what he scored at Real Madrid, since I'm a Napoli follower. I can tell you here they were very relevant.

Juventus was probably his worst club in his European career but again, he wasn't bad. Not as good as Tevez in my opinion but he was a big help in Juve's Serie A titles these past 3 years. A feat that doesn't seem hard but they accomplished it in very mature ways by never feeling any bit under pressure due to Napoli's onslaught, getting a huge amount of points within a period of time almost nearing perfection. It was probably his poorest spell but this only comes down to how much better he was domestically than internationally, which isn't always a bad thing.

As for the deal, Juve are getting robbed. Bonucci was a lot better in the second half the season from what I saw but are still exchanging the future for a player who may not be the same, and a top forward to a dangerous competitor!?

Napoli will fight it out again this season, Inter look to be shaping into gear and Milan really need a forward if anything to get back into at least the top 3 fight. I feel Roma will be the one who could have their worst season in years. They've made good signings but none that I see will make an immediate impact.

• The title was changed to Gonzalo Higuaín Signs For AC Milan

Archived