talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gonzalo Higuaín Signs For AC Milan

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

🤔🤔🤔

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think this could possibly be the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on here!

Actually, this quote was taken from the previous website, TotalFootballForums, not posted by me, but it was ridiculous as you said. Surprised no one remembers it anymore. :D 😕

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Fusion said:

Actually, this quote was taken from the previous website, TotalFootballForums, not posted by me, but it was ridiculous as you said. Surprised no one remembers it anymore. :D 😕

what bellend said that xD xD 

37 minutes ago, Blue said:

Higuain has declined in recent years but its harsh to say he's failed at any of his clubs. 

He was treated badly at Real Madrid and this was a wrong. He wasn't bad for them. He scored 107 goals in less than 200 appearances. I know those are just numbers, but it does highlight the style of striker he is and that is a goalscorer. Of course that depends on the context, and whether he is scoring goals in games that are finished or scoring mostly penalties. He definitely didn't fail though and was just mistreated by the board and fans alike. Similar to Navas, James and even Bale to an extent. Trend at the club it feels like.

At Napoli he was excellent and while the team didn't revolve around him, he did play a big part in nearly winning the title in 2015-16. He even set the Serie A record and I remember most of those goals more than what he scored at Real Madrid, since I'm a Napoli follower. I can tell you here they were very relevant.

Juventus was probably his worst club in his European career but again, he wasn't bad. Not as good as Tevez in my opinion but he was a big help in Juve's Serie A titles these past 3 years. A feat that doesn't seem hard but they accomplished it in very mature ways by never feeling any bit under pressure due to Napoli's onslaught, getting a huge amount of points within a period of time almost nearing perfection. It was probably his poorest spell but this only comes down to how much better he was domestically than internationally, which isn't always a bad thing.

As for the deal, Juve are getting robbed. Bonucci was a lot better in the second half the season from what I saw but are still exchanging the future for a player who may not be the same, and a top forward to a dangerous competitor!?

Napoli will fight it out again this season, Inter look to be shaping into gear and Milan really need a forward if anything to get back into at least the top 3 fight. I feel Roma will be the one who could have their worst season in years. They've made good signings but none that I see will make an immediate impact.

How has he declined?, he scored 55 goals in 105 matches for Juve, in his last season he scored a bit less than if his first but still, very similar numbers to his first 2 season at Napoli. And how was he not as good as Tevez for Juve (if that's what you're saying, because Higuain so far has always been better overall) when both had extremely similar goal tallies?, in fact, if i remember correctly Tevez took the pens for Juve while Higuain did not bar 2 times, so actually Higuain was better, and they both achieved more or less the same title-wise.

Also, it's good to have you back @Fusion mate

21 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Real Madrid kick Higuain out - Win 4 Champions League Titles

Juve kick Higuain out-???

Don't be retarded, it was Higuain who wanted to leave Madrid like many other players such as Robben, Sneijder or Ronaldo now. He even said it publicly and Madrid wanted to renew his contract. And Juve are selling him because after buying Ronaldo they need to recoup money since they are not as rich as say the top English clubs or the two Spanish giants, when they make a big signing they always sell one of their best players to balance the books, like they did with Pogba and brought Higuain and are now doing with the latter after bringing Ronaldo. Also Higuain was the highest earner before Ronaldo and is 30, so it makes sense. Not to mention that none of those two teams were winning any Champions League's before Higuain played for them neither, since Madrid had won the last at 2001 and Higuain started playing there in 2007, and Juve haven't won one in 22 years and Higuain has only played two seasons for them ending now. Just rethink that statement and see how retarded it is.

13 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Don't be retarded, it was Higuain who wanted to leave Madrid like many other players such as Robben, Sneijder or Ronaldo now. He even said it publicly and Madrid wanted to renew his contract. And Juve are selling him because after buying Ronaldo they need to recoup money since they are not as rich as say the top English clubs or the two Spanish giants, when they make a big signing they always sell one of their best players to balance the books, like they did with Pogba and brought Higuain and are now doing with the latter after bringing Ronaldo. Also Higuain was the highest earner before Ronaldo and is 30, so it makes sense. Not to mention that none of those two teams were winning any Champions League's before Higuain played for them neither, since Madrid had won the last at 2001 and Higuain started playing there in 2007, and Juve haven't won one in 22 years and Higuain has only played two seasons for them ending now. Just rethink that statement and see how retarded it is.

Ooo I caught me a big one! 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Ooo I caught me a big one! 

I had a feeling it might have been in jest but wasn't 100% sure. And didn't feel like letting it slide, so fair enough.

Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

Berserker is really sensitive regarding Higuain i dont think Cicero was being serious was he ?

I show no mercy towards ignorance among other things, @Fusion of all can attest to that since he's here.

59 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So it's official!  This is going to be very interesting indeed.

Deal of the summer, in my opinion. Milan pulled out a great move. 

Now, they have to get the stadium announcer from San Paolo. I miss the Gon Za Lo ! 😂

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Deal of the summer, in my opinion. Milan pulled out a great move. 

Now, they have to get the stadium announcer from San Paolo. I miss the Gon Za Lo ! 😂

No way would he pull an Higuaín mate... His family actually lives in Naples and that isn't too apt.  Check out the writer of Gamorrah and what's happened to him. :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Gonzalo Higuaín Signs For AC Milan

But back on topic, I think this is a good signing for Milan and it's not that much of a loss to Juve - and they get Bonucci back. On paper, this works out nicely for both clubs - even before you think about adding Caldera to the mix.

Just now, Cicero said:

@Berserker

Higuain stated he was interested in going to Chelsea, but the only person that wanted him there was Sarri. 

Told you 

Apparently in the meetings between Paratici (Juve sporting director) and your Granosvkaiya or whatever held in Nice she said that you wanted Higuain but that you needed to sell Morata before you could buy him, and since apparently nobody was interested in Morata, nothing of that happened.

16 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Apparently in the meetings between Paratici (Juve sporting director) and your Granosvkaiya or whatever held in Nice she said that you wanted Higuain but that you needed to sell Morata before you could buy him, and since apparently nobody was interested in Morata, nothing of that happened.

Our correspondents say its a bit of both. Milan were indeed initially interested in Morata, but didn't match his valuation. Higuain was unwilling to take a wage decrease where ever he went, hence our negotiations ending and moved on to Rugani. 

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Our correspondents say its a bit of both. Milan were indeed initially interested in Morata, but didn't match his valuation. Higuain was unwilling to take a wage decrease where ever he went, hence our negotiations ending and moved on to Rugani. 

I think it had only to do with not being able to sell Morata rather than wages, i think if you were able to sell him you would have signed him regardless of wages, as it's unlikely you would have go onto the season with just Batshuayi and Giroud.

3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I think it had only to do with not being able to sell Morata rather than wages, i think if you were able to sell him you would have signed him regardless of wages, as it's unlikely you would have go onto the season with just Batshuayi and Giroud.

Also unlikely Chelsea Football Club, a club with a notoriously strict policy with players aged 30+, would agree to pay Higuain his demanded wages. Hence why we are sticking with Morata. 

See it which ever way you like mate. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Also unlikely Chelsea Football Club, a club with a notoriously strict policy with players aged 30+, would agree to pay Higuain his demanded wages. Hence why we are sticking with Morata. 

See it which ever way you like mate. 

Like i said before, there can always be exceptions as with everything in life. And i haven't seen anything from a reputable source (sky) say the move didn't happen because of wages demands, rather because you wanted to sell before buying, hence you sticking with him since you couldn't.

12 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Like i said before, there can always be exceptions as with everything in life. And i haven't seen anything from a reputable source (sky) say the move didn't happen because of wages demands, rather because you wanted to sell before buying, hence you sticking with him since you couldn't.

Nor have I seen anything from a reputable source claiming we have agreed to Higuain's wage demands. 

So in that regard, we have to go by what we know. Chelsea Football Club has a strict policy on footballers over 30. When they sign on, their contracts are for 1.5 years at the maximum, with their wages  hovering over 100K/week max. Current players over 30 are allowed a 1 year extension only and reduced wages.  

Add the fact Higuain just stated the only person that wanted him at Chelsea was Sarri, safe to assume we declined due to his demands. 

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Nor have I seen anything from a reputable source claiming we have agreed to Higuain's wage demands. 

So in that regard, we have to go by what we know. Chelsea Football Club has a strict policy on footballers over 30. When they sign on, their contracts are for 1.5 years at the maximum, with their wages  hovering over 100K/week max. Current players over 30 are allowed a 1 year extension only and reduced wages.  

Add the fact Higuain just stated the only person that wanted him at Chelsea was Sarri, safe to assume we declined due to his demands. 

That you haven't seen any reputable source claiming you have agreed to Higuain's wage demands does not automatically mean that you didn't accept his demands. While i have ACTUALLY seen reputable sources claiming that you needed to wait to sell Morata to buy him, see the difference? Again, there can always be a first time. Nothing suggests you declined due to his demands, safer to assume you didn't make a formal offer as you were gonna buy him if you sold Morata, and that never happened.

26 minutes ago, Berserker said:

That you haven't seen any reputable source claiming you have agreed to Higuain's wage demands does not automatically mean that you didn't accept his demands. While i have ACTUALLY seen reputable sources claiming that you needed to wait to sell Morata to buy him, see the difference? Again, there can always be a first time. Nothing suggests you declined due to his demands, safer to assume you didn't make a formal offer as you were gonna buy him if you sold Morata, and that never happened.

You keep saying there can always be a first time, yet you don't know the inner operations of our club.

Why would you think our board would just completely renounce a transfer regulation that has been in place for the past decade, just for the sake of Higuain? That makes no sense and it hinders the foundation of our transfer structure. 

It's for that very reason, Conte didn't get his targets. Vidal, Nainggolan, Dzeko, Candreva, Bonucci, etc. These players are over 30 and demanded high wages and transfer sums. They are only short term fixes and provide no long term investment. Conte wanted them, the board didn't. Hence Conte's little tantrum last January. 

In fact, take a look at the past 5 years of player we've purchased that were over 30. 

Giroud, 1.5 year contract, . 80K/Week

Green, 1 year contract,  20K/Week

Caballero, 1 year contract, 60K/Week

Eduardo, 1 Year contract, 20K/Week

Drogba, 1 year contract, 60K/Week

Schwarzer, 1 year contract, 40K/Week 

Higuain is currently at around 180-200K/Week, and all reports suggest he was looking for an increase wherever he went. No way would we ever consider paying that for a player who turns 31 in December. 

Archived