talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3. Liga and below 2018/19

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This time it will be four teams relegated, right?

At any case, it looks like the league will be very strong this season, Kaiserslautern, KSC ansd Braunschweig are probably early favourites for the title/promotion, but I guess we're up for some surprises. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, this season the champions of Südwest, Nordost and West are promoted directly, while the champions of Nord and Bayern play two matches  as play-offs for the fourth promotion spot.

Next season the champions of Südwest, Nord and Bayern are guarantied promotion, while the champions of Nordost and West meet at the fourth promotion spot play-offs.

Afterwards the promotion will be decided accordingly to the regulations DFB will eventually determine at their meeting in 2019.

4 hours ago, binder said:

Wow.

For the record, Kaiserslatern won 1-0, seems like only yesterday they were Bundesliga 1 champions.

Three ex Bundesliga champions in the 3. Liga this season plus two who haven't been champions but have won the Pokal and four more who have figured in the Bundesliga. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They even finished 3rd in Liga 2 in 2017 and played relegation against Wolfsburg.

Zweite Liga was crazy last season. They obviously played a bad season but normally you don't go down with 39 points.

After that they fired their coach Torsten Lieberknecht (in Duisburg now) who was 10 years in charge and a huge reason for their success.

For this season they pretty much exchanged the whole team which probably wasn't the best idea and also installed a coach who was very inexperienced in German football.

This week he was fired and now they hired André Schubert. 

• 1 month later...

17 of 34 matchdays in the RL Südwest are played, so it´s time for my midseason FCS review. After a bad start, partly due to many injuries, with three inconvincing wins, two of them versus relegation candidates, a draw, and three losses and a GD of -1 we sat at 11th place. After that we started playing as expected from a promotion favourite, although we lost another game, against saarish rivals Homburg of all teams. Now halfway through the season we´re on fourth place, 7 to 10 points short of the table leaders, that depends on whether Waldhof´s  objection against the three point deduction because of riots during their promotion home match versus Uerdingen is successful. The deduction was confirmed at the DFB court, now they suited it at a civil court. Whilst we struggled in the league, we had no issues so far in the cup, that might be because the first real test will be this saturday, when we face Homburg at home truth to be told.

Our goal, promotion to 3. Liga, is endangered and can in my honest opinion only be reached, if (and that is a big if) we play a back round like last season, if we´re spared from further injuries to our main players, and if the point deduction against Waldhof is ruled rightfull. As for our second goal, which is winning Saarland- Pokal and therefore qualifying for DFB-Pokal we have to wait, since the other saarish RL teams, Homburg, who we meet on saturday, as already mentioned, and Elversberg are still in the competition.

Realistically I expect us to finish second or third in the league and focus on the Saarland Cup, while trying to keep our best players and looking to improve the squad enough to secure promotion next season.

As for Ludwigsparkstadion: The stadium renovation is projeted to be finalised spring or summer 2020, so it´s not too long time until we can leave our alternative stadium in Völklingen and return home.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/3liga/startseite/737003/artikel_drittligisten-fordern-rueckkehr-zu-drei-absteigern.html

It's all so depressing and predictable. The commission for restructure of Regionalligen has been dissolved with absolutely no result and now 3.Liga demand to return to three relegated teams. DFB are a fucking joke.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Do you remember last season, when we discussed the taking over of Viktoria Berlin by a Chinese investment group?

Now Viktoria Berlin filed for insolvency because the payments from said group failed to come.

Hopefully will be a lesson for the rest of the clubs that are potentially considering a similar takeover...

• 4 weeks later...

I understand how nice it must be to have this long lay off of matches, but as a spectator and fan, it's absolutely boring. 

But no doubt Munster needed the break having lost 4 in a row....:dam:

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/07/2018 at 09:39, nudge said:

This time it will be four teams relegated, right?

At any case, it looks like the league will be very strong this season, Kaiserslautern, KSC ansd Braunschweig are probably early favourites for the title/promotion, but I guess we're up for some surprises. 

This still amazes me. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

This still amazes me. 

haha yeah that didn't age well... Lautern are also doing worse than I expected. 

At least Münster are doing better than I expected them to ^_^

Just now, nudge said:

haha yeah that didn't age well... Lautern are also doing worse than I expected. 

At least Münster are doing better than I expected them to ^_^

Yeah - no one expected that. 

i was just trying to listen to the munster match on right now, but I forgot my username and password and don't want to re-register. xD

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived