Unterhaching vs Zwickau
Uerdingen vs Osnaburck

Monday, April 15
Wurzburger Kickers vs Karlsruher SC

image.png.0a3d200a125ce8b7de1dc08adf9d4251.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite my displeasure at beating a team that EB should have handled easily, they now find themselves out of the drop zone, as Fortuna Koln were defeated and thus take Eintracht's place as in the relegation zone. 

germany-3.png

Saturday, April 20, 2019
Osnaburck vs Aalen
Preussen Munster vs Sonnenfof
Hallescher FC vs 1860 Munich
Karlsruger SC vs Meppen
Zwickau vs Wurzburger Kickers
Fortuna Koln vs Unterhaching
Carl Zeiss Jena vs Wehen Wiesbaden

Sunday, April 21, 2019
Kaiserslautern vs Hansa Rostock
Sportfreunde Lotte vs Energie Cottbus

Monday, April 22, 2019
Uerdingen vs Eintracht Braunschweig

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Faithcore said:

I have to slowly get used to this thread again.

Hope @Rucksackfranzose saved a seat for the lost son.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. You will win your last three games, finish 17th, deny HSV's promotion on the final matchday and then win the relegation playoff ^_^

I'll tell you, if I could watch/listen to it..I'd be all about 3. Liga. Granted, my team isn't in it, but there are so many historically top teams here, and a lot of history and great fan bases, that it's certainly an entertaining league. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

I'll tell you, if I could watch/listen to it..I'd be all about 3. Liga. Granted, my team isn't in it, but there are so many historically top teams here, and a lot of history and great fan bases, that it's certainly an entertaining league. 

Seriously, just get a VPN. Quite a few of 3. Liga matches are being shown on free regional TV in Germany, such as MDR, WDR, SWR etc. Regionalliga is broadcast on Sport1 and online on sporttotal.tv ... 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Seriously, just get a VPN. Quite a few of 3. Liga matches are being shown on free regional TV in Germany, such as MDR, WDR, SWR etc. Regionalliga is broadcast on Sport1 and online on sporttotal.tv ... 

I have a VPN, but just never did use it for this purpose. May need to look more deeply into it as I'd love to watch some Braunschwieg matches. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

I have a VPN, but just never did use it for this purpose. May need to look more deeply into it as I'd love to watch some Braunschwieg matches. 

I mostly need VPN for work but I also use it extensively to access geo-blocked content... Football and F1 mostly. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I mostly need VPN for work but I also use it extensively to access geo-blocked content... Football and F1 mostly. 

I may play with that later this week and see if I can get it working. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

I may play with that later this week and see if I can get it working. 

Oh it's easy - just choose and connect to the VPN server in the country where the geo-blocked content is... depends on your VPN provider but I'm sure all paid ones have German servers...

19 hours ago, Eco said:

Sadly the reality in Liga 3 is not romantic as you put it.

None of these teams can survive there permanently. As a club with a grown infrastructure you make big losses every year. If we don't get straight back up, we'll have a huge problem. 3. Liga is nothing but a grave. 

Seems like DFB found their preferred solution for the question how to decide the four teams promoted to the 3.Liga. They will support a proposal according to which the 5 Regionalligen will stay unchanged, with the champions of Regionalligen West and Südwest promoted directly and the winners of Regionalligen Bayern, Nord and Nordost playing promotion play-offs to decide the two other promoted teams.

https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/3liga/startseite/748322/artikel_dfb-unterstuetzt-aufstiegsregelung-in-die-3-liga.html

It's astounding after years of complaints about the unfairness of not every Regionalliga winners being promoted directly and having to play promotion play-offs they just replace one promotion play-off scheme with an other one. They know how to raise the fans against themselves, I'll give them that.

Braunschwieg has done well here recently in picking up and hopefully avoiding relegation. 

This weekend's match against Aalen is a MUST win, and in doing so, would like mean safety for them. 

14 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Seems like DFB found their preferred solution for the question how to decide the four teams promoted to the 3.Liga. They will support a proposal according to which the 5 Regionalligen will stay unchanged, with the champions of Regionalligen West and Südwest promoted directly and the winners of Regionalligen Bayern, Nord and Nordost playing promotion play-offs to decide the two other promoted teams.

https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/3liga/startseite/748322/artikel_dfb-unterstuetzt-aufstiegsregelung-in-die-3-liga.html

It's astounding after years of complaints about the unfairness of not every Regionalliga winners being promoted directly and having to play promotion play-offs they just replace one promotion play-off scheme with an other one. They know how to raise the fans against themselves, I'll give them that.

I'm still not sure (and my German isn't good enough to read the article) on how Promotion and Relegation works in Regionaliiga? 

So there are 5 Divisions of Regionalliga, with the winner of each going to the 'Final Stages' for promotion, where they play a 2 legged tie to determine the 3 teams that'll be promoted? How do they decide which of the 5 divisions gets 2 teams? 

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm still not sure (and my German isn't good enough to read the article) on how Promotion and Relegation works in Regionaliiga? 

So there are 5 Divisions of Regionalliga, with the winner of each going to the 'Final Stages' for promotion, where they play a 2 legged tie to determine the 3 teams that'll be promoted? How do they decide which of the 5 divisions gets 2 teams? 

Until this year , there 've been 3 promoted teams with the two top spots of Regionalliga Südwest and the winners of the 4 other Regionalligen playing three headers. Lots decided which teams faced each other.

From this season on 4 teamds will be promoted. This season the champions of Südwest, West and Nordost will be promoted directly while the winners of Bayern and Nord play eachother to decide the fourt promoted team. Next season the champions of Südwest, Bayern and Nord gain an automatic promotion spot, and the winners of West and Nordost face for the play-offs. Afterwards The winners of Südwest and West are promoted directly qand the three others play play-offs, in which the scheme is yet to be designed.

Regionalliga Südwest got 2 spots because they have slightly more DFB members than West, both represent significantly more members than the other Regionalligen.

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Until this year , there 've been 3 promoted teams with the two top spots of Regionalliga Südwest and the winners of the 4 other Regionalligen playing three headers. Lots decided which teams faced each other.

From this season on 4 teamds will be promoted. This season the champions of Südwest, West and Nordost will be promoted directly while the winners of Bayern and Nord play eachother to decide the fourt promoted team. Next season the champions of Südwest, Bayern and Nord gain an automatic promotion spot, and the winners of West and Nordost face for the play-offs. Afterwards The winners of Südwest and West are promoted directly qand the three others play play-offs, in which the scheme is yet to be designed.

Regionalliga Südwest got 2 spots because they have slightly more DFB members than West, both represent significantly more members than the other Regionalligen.

So damn confusnig. 

Why not just come up with a solution to scrap the whole solution and create 1 league, and start breaking them up into territories when you get further down? 

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

So damn confusnig. 

Why not just come up with a solution to scrap the whole solution and create 1 league, and start breaking them up into territories when you get further down? 

That's partly down to the DFB being organized in Landesverbände ( regional associations), if they wanted to change that they had to restructure all German leagues down to the 14th tier, which is a lot baring in mind there are more organised footballers in Germany than in Brasil. Having that said there have been other proposals, which had the regional associations in mind but were discarded because especially the clubs of former GDR and Bayern feared for the matches against their old rivals and were afraid of financial losses because of that. As for the regional associations being sensible don't forget DFB is the biggest single sports association worldwide.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

So damn confusnig. 

How exactly do you do that though? You have some 90 clubs playing in the fourth tier across five Regionalligas now. Many of them are already financially struggling, insolvencies are a risk, media interest is almost non-existent. They surely can't afford traveling all across the country (for those who get chosen to play in such hypothetical new 4th league nationwide) or be forced to go down to lower tiers if current Regionalligas are dismantled and become 5th tier.

I still think our last season's idea where we suggested 4 RL (West - Südwest - Nord merged with northern part of Nordost - Bayern merged with southern part of Nordost) where all 4 champions get promoted directly while the bottom four in the 3. Liga gets relegated still makes the most sense.

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

That's partly down to the DFB being organized in Landesverbände ( regional associations), if they wanted to change that they had to restructure all German leagues down to the 14th tier, which is a lot baring in mind there are more organised footballers in Germany than in Brasil. Having that said there have been other proposals, which had the regional associations in mind but were discarded because especially the clubs of former GDR and Bayern feared for the matches against their old rivals and were afraid of financial losses because of that. As for the regional associations being sensible don't forget DFB is the biggest single sports association worldwide.

So, maybe just have 5 promotion/relegation slots? That also seems too many for Liga 2 (5 relegation slots), and too few for the regionaliga. 

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

How exactly do you do that though? You have some 90 clubs playing in the fourth tier across five Regionalligas now. Many of them are already financially struggling, insolvencies are a risk, media interest is almost non-existent. They surely can't afford traveling all across the country (for those who get chosen to play in such hypothetical new 4th league nationwide) or be forced to go down to lower tiers if current Regionalligas are dismantled and become 5th tier.

I still think our last season's idea where we suggested 4 RL (West - Südwest - Nord merged with northern part of Nordost - Bayern merged with southern part of Nordost) where all 4 champions get promoted directly while the bottom four in the 3. Liga gets relegated still makes the most sense.

So right now you have 5 Regionalligas. 

Why not agree to expand 3. Liga to 22 teams? If you were to do this you would still have 3. Liga with 4 relegation spots, meaning you'd have 6 open spots, so each winner of the Regionaliga would have their champion go (5 slots), as well as the winner of a playoff structure amongst the 'next' best teams in the different division within Regionalliga. 

Merge the regional leagues from 5, to 3, having the champion of each get automatically promoted, and then continuing with a playoff format for that that 4th spot for promotion. 

Then moving forward, you'd have 3. Liga now with 22 teams and still 4 relegation spots, with each of the 3 regionalliga division champions getting an automatic slot, plus a chance for the playoffs for the last promotion spot. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived