talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3. Liga and below 2018/19

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

So right now you have 5 Regionalligas. 

Why not agree to expand 3. Liga to 22 teams? If you were to do this you would still have 3. Liga with 4 relegation spots, meaning you'd have 6 open spots, so each winner of the Regionaliga would have their champion go (5 slots), as well as the winner of a playoff structure amongst the 'next' best teams in the different division within Regionalliga. 

Merge the regional leagues from 5, to 3, having the champion of each get automatically promoted, and then continuing with a playoff format for that that 4th spot for promotion. 

That was one of the proposals at one point I believe (i.e. expanding 3. Liga to 22 teams), but the idea was to keep the five Regionalligas as they are and have 5 direct relegation spots in 3. Liga while all 5 Regionalliga champions would be promoted. The biggest argument against it was the fact that it would mean 42 matchdays within 38 weeks + additional DFB Pokal + Landespokal matches in the same period; such overload doesn't seem very realistic...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nudge said:

That was one of the proposals at one point I believe (i.e. expanding 3. Liga to 22 teams), but the idea was to keep the five Regionalligas as they are and have 5 direct relegation spots in 3. Liga while all 5 Regionalliga champions would be promoted. The biggest argument against it was the fact that it would mean 42 matchdays within 38 weeks + additional DFB Pokal + Landespokal matches in the same period; such overload doesn't seem very realistic...

Expand the season then for that league in particular, or something. 

English League One has 42 matchdays. They also have to compete in the FA Cup, League Cup, and EFL Trophy, so that's a more crowded schedule than what we are proposing and it seems to work like a gem in England. 

7 minutes ago, Eco said:

English League One has 42 matchdays. They also have to compete in the FA Cup, League Cup, and EFL Trophy, so that's a more crowded schedule than what we are proposing and it seems to work like a gem in England. 

English winters are much milder than those in some parts of Germany though.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Fair enough and it would probably be the easiest solution. I believe the majority of 3. Liga clubs were against it when the proposal was submitted though.

11 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Fair enough. That's not something I would be all too familiar with. 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Fair enough and it would probably be the easiest solution. I believe the majority of 3. Liga clubs were against it when the proposal was submitted though.

Yeah - makes the most sense IMO, but there is no solution that'll make everyone happy, but this one works in England, and I'm not sure why it can't work in Germany. 

I also hate the idea of only the champion getting a chance of promotion, as I think it should include the runners up at the very least, otherwise that league DOES become a grave. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Plus they have massive TV deal as well I believe... 

Fans of former Buli club TeBe Berlin are protesting against their club opening up to an investor:

https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/dfbpokal/startseite/748674/artikel_protest-gegen-klubfuehrung_tebe-fans-gehen-fremd.html

Posted it because I thought it was an interesting read.

It's somewhat encouraging that not all fans of traditional clubs are as apathetic towards their club being whored to an investor as those of 1860 and Uerdingen were.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Fans of former Buli club TeBe Berlin are protesting against their club opening up to an investor:

https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/dfbpokal/startseite/748674/artikel_protest-gegen-klubfuehrung_tebe-fans-gehen-fremd.html

Posted it because I thought it was an interesting read.

It's somewhat encouraging that not all fans of traditional clubs are as apathetic towards their club being whored to an investor as those of 1860 and Uerdingen were.

A good read; thanks for sharing. Wonder what will be the outcome of it...

By the way I noticed that the article also mentioned Viktoria Berlin - what happened to them after the Chinese investors disappeared? 

18 minutes ago, nudge said:

A good read; thanks for sharing. Wonder what will be the outcome of it...

By the way I noticed that the article also mentioned Viktoria Berlin - what happened to them after the Chinese investors disappeared? 

They filed for insolvency  in last December. The liquidator was successful in acquiring a bridging finance to maintain the game operation, though. Are on a mid-table spot in RL Nordost although they've been deducted 9 points for filing for insolvency. Whether the game operation is secured for next season, I don't know.

Investors are such a great thing to have: Ismaik and his merchandising enterprise now send written warnings containing cease and desist demands as well as penalties to fan clubs of 1860 München for producing their own fan articles.

https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/3liga/startseite/748687/artikel_1860_bierofka-kaempft-ismaik-und-power-mahnen-fans-ab.html

As for why I blame the investor in this case, here is the official opinion of the club themselves concerning this subject:

https://tsv1860.org/2019/04/29/abmahnungen-der-tsv-1860-merchandising-gmbh-2/

I somewhat feel for the club members here since they ain't able to do anything about these warnings and their estrangement from their own fans, on the other hand nobody forced them to accept an investor in the first place. They made their bed now lie in it.

@Eco, I hope google translate will be helpful to read these articles.

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

I somewhat feel for the club members here since they ain't able to do anything about these warnings and their estrangement from their own fans, on the other hand nobody forced them to accept an investor in the first place. They made their bed now lie in it

Were they not about to go bankrupt?

18 minutes ago, Relling said:

Yeah - I still think it's harsh on the members as this isn't good for them, or the sport. 

Every once in awhile a team gets a shit owner, and now they have that.

1 hour ago, Relling said:

They were about to lose their 2. Buli licence but far from bankrupcy, they could have started in the 3.Liga with the license their second team have had at this time, if I remember correctly. This had implicated a reduced budget, I admit.

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

They were about to lose their 2. Buli licence but far from bankrupcy, they could have started in the 3.Liga with the license their second team had had at this time, if I remember correctly. This had implicated a reduced budget, I admit.

If that was the soultion it was really idiotic to act as they did. I guess they lacked the imagination to see how bad it could be.

• 2 weeks later...

An evidence of the old saying according to which necessity is the mother of invention: To reduce the financial losses due to them being relegated from 3.Liga to RL Energie Cottbus sell cards for an home match that will never take place, at a price of 19,66 Euros they sell cards for a match at 31 of January 2020 at 19:66pm. (Energie Cottbus were founded 31th of January 1966.) I'm torn between admiration for an original way of collecting money without looking for an investor and indignation over inventing a new way of milking cash cow supporters.

https://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/id_85799706/energie-cottbus-sammelt-geld-fuer-fiktives-heimspiel.html

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

An evidence of the old saying according to which necessity is the mother of invention: To reduce the financial losses due to them being relegated from 3.Liga to RL Energie Cottbus sell cards for an home match that will never take place, at a price of 19,66 Euros they sell cards for a match at 31 of January 2020 at 19:66pm. (Energie Cottbus were founded 31th of January 1966.) I'm torn between admiration for an original way of collecting money without looking for an investor and indignation over inventing a new way of milking cash cow supporters.

https://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/id_85799706/energie-cottbus-sammelt-geld-fuer-fiktives-heimspiel.html

I think they hoped for involvement and financial support from Daniel Kretchinsky (Lausitz Energie Bergbau owner and Sparta Prag president) but with them getting relegated he doesn't seem to be interested anymore so they are turning to the fans now. If the fans are willing to spend their money on it and support the club financially that way then it's fair play. I mean Kaiserslautern has just been saved by the fans who "donated" 3 million Euros through crowdlending; not for the first time either. They are still in talks with that investor from Luxembourg though...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived