talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Colombia's Football Influence

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

if Harry Kane gets the golden boot, there's no doubt going to be a baby boom for March 2019 with loads of Harry's/Harriet's being born.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

if Harry Kane gets the golden boot, there's no doubt going to be a baby boom for March 2019 with loads of Harry's/Harriet's being born.

I know a Spurs fan who loved Harry Redknapp but denied his son born in 2011 wasn't named after him. Tosser.

On topic though, i managed to persuade my Girlfriend (still doesn't recognise) earlier this year that Wilfy would be a good name for a Labrodoodle. Unfortunately our friends have paid over £3000 on vet bills in the last six months with insurance, so now she doesn't want a dog. Typical.

Just now, Harvsky said:

Obviously a lot of people in Colombia need to put a wrapper on it and get a pet goldfish instead.

I remember a few years ago, there was a few pictures of people from Colombia, here are a few of the names

Perez Gonzalez Usnavy Marina

Disney Landia Rodriguez

And we have a U17 international here in Peru called Osama Vinladen Jimenez Lopez

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

There is a Peruvian U17 player called Kluiverth Aguilar. I'm going to name my child Riquelme.

This happens in Brazil as well. Diego was not a common name before Maradona, Diogo is the portuguese variance. 

Also, there are lots of kids in Brazil named Riquelme. xD Palmeiras even has a youth player named Gabriel Verón. 

Felipe Melo named his kid Lineker.

In the last South American U20's, there were about 7 players called Ronaldo. All born near 1998. You can see where the influence came from.

3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

This happens in Brazil as well. Diego was not a common name before Maradona, Diogo is the portuguese variance. 

Also, there are lots of kids in Brazil named Riquelme. xD Palmeiras even has a youth player named Gabriel Verón. 

Felipe Melo named his kid Lineker.

I have a cousin in Brazil, he doesn't know very much about football. When I was talking to my dad about Maradona one day on the beach, he told me one of his mates is named "Diego Maradona" and I believe him because its common practice in Brazil xD

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Blue said:

In the last South American U20's, there were about 7 players called Ronaldo. All born near 1998. You can see where the influence came from.

where?

5 hours ago, Stan said:

It isn’t like Harry is an uncommon name really

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

It isn’t like Harry is an uncommon name really

but there could be a surge in babies born and that name being chosen. 

Much like not being surprised that 9 months from May 2018 there may be a rise in babies being called Harry or Meghan cos of the Royal Wedding.

Just now, Stan said:

but there could be a surge in babies born and that name being chosen. 

Much like not being surprised that 9 months from May 2018 there may be a rise in babies being called Harry or Meghan cos of the Royal Wedding.

Also not uncommon names, it’s more noticeable with odd names.

im just saying it’s more likely with a common name than I’d the Wnglish prince was name Dark’tgrafe

• Administrator

not debating their commonality mate, just saying if there's a baby boom (not uncommon either in general), it wouldn't surprise me if the most common names given were those mentioned.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

not debating their commonality mate, just saying if there's a baby boom (not uncommon either in general), it wouldn't surprise me if the most common names given were those mentioned.

I’m not saying that, I’m saying that the boom will be extrapolated because they are good common names. Of course there is going to be a boom, there always is but there are more factors at play

Archived